The migrant paradox

Hijinx

You can hope that, so do I. But I fear that these shining paragons of Honduran values will place the women with babies up front and then push them into either any barrier placed in front of them, or into the troops in front of them. Just like whomever set this crapfest up coached them into doing. Not sure what you can do in the face of video of babies being crushed to death on your fences or against the rifle of your troops..........

I think we all know that is the plan.
Or if we tear gas them the babies will be crushed in the mob.
Be sure some child will get injured if the marchers have to do it themselves.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
pet peeve of mine:

bor·der
/ˈbôrdər/
noun
noun: border; plural noun: borders

1. a line separating two political or geographical areas, especially countries.
"the German border with Denmark"
synonyms: frontier, boundary; More
borderline, perimeter;
marches, bounds
"the Canadian border"
a district near a line separating two political or geographical areas.
"a refugee camp on the border"
2. the edge or boundary of something, or the part near it.
"the northern border of their distribution area"
synonyms: edge, margin, perimeter, circumference, periphery;

board·er
/ˈbôrdər/
noun
noun: boarder; plural noun: boarders

1. a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services.
a student who lives at school during the semester in return for payment.
2. a person who boards a ship during or after an attack.

It's really sad when people miss the message because of spelling errors. I'm sure you've never made any. I aspire to be perfect some day, but I won't hold my breath.

GregV814

Why disparage people after a better life? We have plenty of room in this country. Several states like Kentucky and Tennessee are sparsely populated.

Hey Salmon, aka: the MoveOn.org boy.....Lets say you need a transfusion of blood due to an injury or illness...so The Red Cross brings you oh, 50-100 units of whole blood that have not been tested for type, disease, platelets or anything. But the healthcare people tell you you have plenty of room for the blood....which units would you use????? That's something to consider with a parallel in the ARMY of warriors marching forward...

Smokey1

Why disparage people after a better life? We have plenty of room in this country. Several states like Kentucky and Tennessee are sparsely populated.

All the sparsely populated areas in those states belongs to someone. Are you going to buy that property for them? I think a better area would be in Nevada, we have a lot of open land there.

Last edited:

terbear1225

It's really sad when people miss the message because of spelling errors. I'm sure you've never made any. I aspire to be perfect some day, but I won't hold my breath.

I made no comment on the message because I had no argument with it. I also did not quote you as multiple posters have made that error over time, you just happen to be the latest in this particular thread. People make mistakes either through lack of information or through typos, I was simply trying to correct the errors made through lack of information. If you took that personally, feel free to "piss off" as you have told others.

SamSpade

I *get* the point - but - please. The forum editor has a spell-checker.
SPELLING errors I'm not on board with, because it TELLS you.
On the other hand, errors with homonyms or actual WORDS that are misused - that is sort of excusable.

Still kind of not ok with "baited" verus "bated" or "jibe" versus "jive".

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I made no comment on the message because I had no argument with it. I also did not quote you as multiple posters have made that error over time, you just happen to be the latest in this particular thread. People make mistakes either through lack of information or through typos, I was simply trying to correct the errors made through lack of information. If you took that personally, feel free to "piss off" as you have told others.

I hope your attempt to correct all the wrongs in the world helps you sleep better at night. It doesn't really matter who it was directed at, you still appear to put yourself on a pedestal of superiority when you when correcting someone else's spelling or grammar, on the interwebz.

https://www.amandablain.com/spelling-nazi-you-are-not-a-better-human/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-pedants-likely-introverted-disagreeable.html

https://www.theguardian.com/media/mind-your-language/2014/nov/14/mind-your-language-grammar-nazi

https://thoughtcatalog.com/michael-koh/2014/02/14-signs-you-are-a-grammar-nazi/

https://lanternco.com/creative-blogging-ideas-for-business/grammar-nazis-worst/

https://bensettle.com/blog/attack-of-the-spelling-nazis/

Seek help.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
On the other hand, errors with homonyms or actual WORDS that are misused - that is sort of excusable.

Please refer to post above.

terbear1225

absolutely excusable, I think we all have things that we get wrong, especially when it's something that we her far more than we see written. Just like there are words that we mispronounce if it's seen written more than spoken. I personally don't get all pissy when someone points out something that I've misused or mispronounced.