the power

belvak

Happy Camper
I think we are out for the duration now. As long as my battery sump pumps hold up, I'll be good to go. Beer and milk has been transferred to the cooler, scanner is fully charged and I have a hand crank radio/cell phone charger.

:huggy:

Power out here in Lusby, operating on the generator.

Hunker down!!

power out for good probably in mechanicsville...this kinda sucks. I want ice cream

I still have power. It went out around 5:00, and we fired up the generator. Were good for a while, then cable went out. It was out for about a half hour, then power and cable came back. Now, we have flickering lights and are just waiting for power to go out again. :frown:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Power out in Great Mills Sub station/ transformer blew it lit up the sky around here...pretty green and blue with a huge humming sound.

PrepH4U

Wirelessly posted

We are out... being in the dark and not able to see outside is real creepy

It's best not to be able to see outside. :lol: We just shined our flashlight out towards the pasture and we can no longer see it. Had a tree uprooted about 4 ft from the house go down, took out the chainlink fence and the pasture fence. It is now blocking our view of the pasture. :cds: I don't want to see what else is down past that.
Right before dark hubby went out to fix a part of the pasture fence and had to give up as some trees leaning on a downed tree were threatening to also come down.

SoMdDude

A friend that is a town of Laplata cop just posted this on facebook...

SMECO pulling crews off the road until 4am. If you power goes out now, you are going to have to wait.

:popcorn:

But I will add, we lost power once already for an hour and they got it back up and running quickly! *crosses fingers we dont lose it again!*

Last edited:

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Out in Chesapeake Beach for a few hours now. Was out then back on for a few hours. Wind really wiping here. 10 pm and it does not sound as bad as isabell.

wubbles

Power was out for an hour down Hermanville in Greenbrier, just came back 10 min ago. Metrocast is still rocking, nice!

C

czygvtwkr

A friend that is a town of Laplata cop just posted this on facebook...

:popcorn:

But I will add, we lost power once already for an hour and they got it back up and running quickly! *crosses fingers we dont lose it again!*

Really my power just came back on :yahoo:

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Lots of power flickers here but the power is still on here in Great Mills, though we did see quite a few of bright blue-green flashes of transformers going POOF

dgates80

Land of the lost
Now over 97,000 without power. I am down to 29 hardy scanner listeners -- I suspect a lot of folks don't have internet. My DSL is offline... :-(