the presidents agenda...odd...

GregV814

with the Country heading to heck in a handsack, the MOST important thing on the agenda is re-naming Mt. McKinley to Mt. Denali...The handlers say its because the president wants a "native name" symbolic of a native tribe and chief....

Denali, what; was el-dorado and Coupe de Ville taken????

William McKinley was a Republican and solely elected by the people devestated by the fumbling previous Democrats in office....

He was the first to challenge the CUBANS, initiating war with them...

Arent we on the first steps to re-ignite relations with Cuba???? (coincidental for sure)

Anyway the Mountain range was named after him for his achievements. Achievements unlike what Obama has amassed so far...

BigBlue

with the Country heading to heck in a handsack, the MOST important thing on the agenda is re-naming Mt. McKinley to Mt. Denali...The handlers say its because the president wants a "native name" symbolic of a native tribe and chief....

William McKinley was a Republican and solely elected by the people devestated by the fumbling previous Democrats in office....

Arent we on the first steps to re-ignite relations with Cuba???? (coincidental for sure)

Anyway the Mountain range was named after him for his achievements. Achievements unlike what Obama has amassed so far...

He told me he was doing this just to piss you off, did it work?:lmao:

Hijinx

More of the changing History. At least he doesn't want to tear it down or remove it.

Maybe if they painted the uniform of Bedford Forests statue blue and renamed it Sheridan, it would be cheaper than tearing it down

SamSpade

My only thought was, I haven't heard it called McKinley in years - when I was last up there, people called it Denali anyway.

awpitt

Main Streeter

You must be a happy sailor.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You must be a happy sailor.

How did you know he's a sailor?

When do you think the SCOAMFotUS going to exhibit some leadership and come out strongly against the anti-police violence?...or even comment on it at all?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

The mountain range is known as the Alaskan Range. Mount McKinley was tabbed by a prospector, William Dickey, because the nominee, McKinley, supported the gold standard, it wasn't named after him for any accomplishment.

awpitt

Main Streeter
A happy sailor is a bitching sailor. Used to hear it in the Navy all the time and Greg does bitch a lot.

All right. I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Although, I always heard as, "a bitching sailor is a happy sailor."

CrashTest

My only thought was, I haven't heard it called McKinley in years - when I was last up there, people called it Denali anyway.

Correct. Folks who live in Alaska call it Denali anyway.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Most young people in the lower 48 don't even know what Alaska is.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The move to rename the peak is symbolic. In the end it won't change anyone's life 1 iota.

nutz

Is it non-racist because a black person asked? How is this different than the Redskns being able to keep their name?

Hijinx

Correct. Folks who live in Alaska call it Denali anyway.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Most young people in the lower 48 don't even know what Alaska is.

Sure we knowwhat Alaska is. It's a state that elected a Republican because she acted like a Democrat.
and because they liked her Daddy who appointed her,before she got elected on her own.

GregV814

Sure we knowwhat Alaska is. It's a state that elected a Republican because she acted like a Democrat.
and because they liked her Daddy who appointed her,before she got elected on her own.

I'll act like lightly Boasted...

If I may,...

We had to elect her to see what she would do.... (Nancy Pelosi)