The Scariest Movies Ever Made

The only one that I've seen on that list is Rosemary's Baby. I was always terrified of the Trilogy of Terror movies when I was a kid. :jameo:

CandyRain

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Speedy70 again.

That little guy and those teeth :yikes:!

LordStanley

I know nothing
Speedy70 said:
The only one that I've seen on that list is Rosemary's Baby. I was always terrified of the Trilogy of Terror movies when I was a kid. :jameo:

How old is it? Is it a good Movie?

I havent seen it, maybe we will rent it

CandyRain said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Speedy70 again.

That little guy and those teeth :yikes:!

That doll had me terrified for years! I think it was called a Zuni doll.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Never saw The Omen, The Exorcist, Rosemary's baby or many of those movies back then. The "It's Alive" tv series scared me too. I don't like movies with catholic church scenes (organs, mary, gargoyles etc.).

Movies that creeped me out include the "I see dead people" movie, Stir of Echoes, Beloved, Poltergeist with the old man with the long white hair and hat, The Wizard of Oz, What lies beneath and of course a lot of others.

Mainly I don't like movies that are based on lines of demonic influences of any kind. So all of those scare me.

SamSpade

The weird thing for me is, SOME movies that I thought were scary were nothing when I saw them some time later, just as movies I thought were hysterical weren't even AMUSING many years later (for example, I always thought Holy Grail and Princess Bride were howlingly funny - now, they don't register a smile).
When I first saw "The Shining", someone told me oh don't see that, EVERYONE gets killed - so when Shelley Duvall is screaming and that little boy is in the maze, I'm thinking oh please, can't they just get away 'cause *I* am watching? Because you know at some point in the movie, ok, it's scary, but the good guys are gonna live. Or you know, ok, EVERYONE but so-and-so is gonna die. You just feel it. But being TOLD they were going to get it - and see them get away - just made it more intense for me.

This weekend I saw the remake of Thirteen Ghosts. And it scared the crap out of me. The first time I saw "The Ring", my fingers were deep into the sides of my chair, especially that part near the end where she comes out of the TV. Doesn't do ANYTHING for me now.

Slasher, gore-fests don't scare me at all. It doesn't matter how much blood there is. End-of-the-world stuff doesn't scare me either - I don't care if aliens or pod people or nuclear war is just about to end life on earth.

But SUSPENSE does get me. A good soundtrack does. Which is why the first "Evil Dead" movie STILL gets me. It's funny, because it's low budget, but it still can creep me out.

When I was little those flying monkeys on Wizard of Oz gave me nightmares for a while. Couldn't get those suckers out of my head.

Ponytail

Nightmare on Elmstreet series was always a favorite. I actually couldn't stand the Jason movies. Dunno why, I didn't find them to be scary. The dang "Ch ch ch Ha ha ha" annoyed the chit out of me though. :ohwell:

The Hitcher was good, Ammityville Horror gets a thumbs up, Poltergeist was good in its day, as was Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and the original Jaws had 3/4 of the nation scared to go in the dayum water. :lol:

The newer ones that I though were good, were Signs, 7th Sign, Sixth Sense, and AmmityVille Horror remake (was on last night in HD :jameo: )

I haven't seen too many new ones, but taking recommendations. :biggrin:

Ponytail

Airgasm said:
This subject has been the topic of threads in the past, but this time of year is always a good time to tap the masses...

Top Ten out of Thirty:

10. Alien
9. Planet of the Apes
8. CandyMan
7. Psycho
6. A nightmare on Elm Street
5. Jaws
4. Halloween
3. The Shinning
2. Rosemary's Baby

and the #1 scariest movie:

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=1499

I'm not familiar with "The Shinning". Is that about some soccer player gone pycho? maybe about an Ice skating star taking out another? Makes my Shins weak with the thought of it though. I'll look for it. Sounds creepy.

:lol:

nomoney

juggy4805 said:
The movie The Grudge had me shook for about a week. The funny thing is I found a strange book in the attic of the house that I was living in at the time. I don't even look at the previews for the second one.

the Grudge didn't get me too bad, but I think it freaked out my hubby more then he wanted to admit. Didn't realize how freaked out of the "throaty sound" he was until he gave up a night of hunting because he kept hearing that noise in the woods :lmao: I can make the noise perfectly and I love pissing him off with it now :lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Ponytail said:
I'm not familiar with "The Shinning". Is that about some soccer player gone pycho? maybe about an Ice skating star taking out another? Makes my Shins weak with the thought of it though. I'll look for it. Sounds creepy.

:lol:

That was funny... I missed the mispelling too

LordStanley

I know nothing
nomoney said:
the Grudge didn't get me too bad, but I think it freaked out my hubby more then he wanted to admit. Didn't realize how freaked out of the "throaty sound" he was until he gave up a night of hunting because he kept hearing that noise in the woods :lmao: I can make the noise perfectly and I love pissing him off with it now :lol:

How in the hell do you make that noise?

Shetiger

The Hard Way
Speedy70 said:
Trilogy of Terror.. the doll... scary

nomoney

I remember People Under the Stairs freaked me out when I was younger. But now I don't even remember what happened in the movie.