The Walking Dead

LC_Sulla

No, I think he felt sorry for partial zombie

I sure as hell could. I have seen a few zombie flicks where the one you know comes back to bite ya in the azz.

No, splitting up is usually a bad idea. So is firing a gun from the house you and your son holed up in.

Nope, everyone knows that is a sure fire way to get yourself in trouble. However, should you choose to do that then be sure to ride in on a big ole horse for the zombies to munch on while you make a getaway. :deadhorse:mad:

I loved The Walking Dead and cannot wait for next week.

1. I thought he just felt sorry for it. That is based on the fact that he went back to put it out of it's misery and said "I'm sorry this happened to you."

2. If I had to I would definitely. However, I would rather run away.:lol:

3. I probably would have stuck around with the father and son. Strength in numbers and I hate being alone.

4. Hell no. Although, that was awesome. Almost like a Western rollin' into a big town on horseback.

Let's do this after every episode!

:buddies:

belvak

Happy Camper
Hubby DVR'd this last night. We are watching it now. So far, so good...

Episode one done, now watching #2.

Last edited:

millertc

You are watching ep #2? How did I miss ep 2? I thought Sunday night was ep 1. :cds:

What did I miss and how did I miss it??

belvak

Happy Camper
You are watching ep #2? How did I miss ep 2? I thought Sunday night was ep 1. :cds:

What did I miss and how did I miss it??

:shrug: Hubby asked me to set the DVR for Sunday from 10:00 - 11:30. When the first episode stopped, he had just shot the zombie lady. Then a new one came on. I figured it for a half-hour series and the premiered it on Halloween by showing 3 episodes? We only watched a bit of the 2nd one, then it was our bed time! :lol: We'll take up tonight where we left off. If you have Comcast On Demand, check to see if they have it up there yet. Otherwise, maybe I can set up something to sell tickets!!! :jerry:

millertc

:shrug: Hubby asked me to set the DVR for Sunday from 10:00 - 11:30. When the first episode stopped, he had just shot the zombie lady. Then a new one came on. I figured it for a half-hour series and the premiered it on Halloween by showing 3 episodes? We only watched a bit of the 2nd one, then it was our bed time! :lol: We'll take up tonight where we left off. If you have Comcast On Demand, check to see if they have it up there yet. Otherwise, maybe I can set up something to sell tickets!!! :jerry:

Oh, whew. I did see it all then. I guess I did not realize how long it was when I was watching it. You know what they say, time flies when you're having fun. :killingme Thanks for the info.

E

EmptyTimCup

It was pretty good.

Question: Do you think he had any connection to the zombie with half a body that he put down near the end? don't know ...

Question: If YOUR wife/husband were a zombie, could you shoot them in the head? yes ... don't know if they are suffering in that condition, but I could not bear for them to continue that way ....

Question: Would you have split up like the main character and the father and son did in the show? In any Zombie Apoc. there is safety in numbers (L4D anyone) ... and I would only split if I was trying to find family member and they were staying put ....

Question: Would you have deliberately traveled to a major city during a zombie epidemic? NEVER ... in this context, the man has no Idea where his Wife and Son are ...........

E

EmptyTimCup

I need to download Ep 2

Nuts it is on every Sunday ........ not 6 nights in a row :faint:

Last edited by a moderator:

RPMDAD

Watched it thought it was good, but am confused about walking dead type stuff. They are dead, but they can hear gunshots, they stumble but don't run too well, but if you are running in front of them thay can see you. Now the one that the deputy killed in the park looked pretty munched up when they catch you do they eat you, if so how come there are so many of them that don't look like her? Don't get me wrong liked the show.

LC_Sulla

Watched it thought it was good, but am confused about walking dead type stuff. They are dead, but they can hear gunshots, they stumble but don't run too well, but if you are running in front of them thay can see you. Now the one that the deputy killed in the park looked pretty munched up when they catch you do they eat you, if so how come there are so many of them that don't look like her? Don't get me wrong liked the show.

Hi. I have no accredited degree in Zombie Studies...BUT....

Zombies aren't dead. They are undead. Somewhere in between the living and the dead. Thus, they can see, hear, taste (blood and brains preferred), touch, and smell (not sure on this one).

I presume they walk slow, stumble, and are generally not graceful is due to the fact their bodies are not truly alive, thus everything is not working 100%, from a nerve impulse and muscle aspect.

Do Zombies feel physical or emotional sensations? Good question. As a general rule, it appears that most (99.99%) Zombies experience no physical or emotional senation. However, every once in awhile, you will see a Zombie expressing some kind of emotion (like the Zombie in the business suit, who, we can tell, is smarter than your average Zombie).

And of course, it varies from picture to picture. In George Romero's Zombie-verse, Zombie do express a sense of loss, frustration, and even anger when their fellow Zombies are killed. Again though, not all the Zombies show this penchant for feeling, just the "smart" ones. Maybe their brains are more alive than their fellow Zombie, and they can feel more.

In other movies like 28 Days Later (awesome movie BTW), the "Zombies" move faster. But, in the case of that movie, they are not really Zombies, but infected with the Rage virus. So forget them.

I think we could talk all night about what Zombies are meant to represent. And I would bet there is a lot of content on the Internet to read.

Some think Zombies represent the mass market culture, that's why many Zombie movies take place in Shopping Malls. The Zombies naturally head their as some sort of instinct, and the survivors go there for refuge.....and lattes.

Later,
LCS

RPMDAD

Thank you LC, i have been a long time fan of these show Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead Sean of the Dead, have not seen 28 Days Later will have to put it on my list. Hope the rest of the series is as good as the premiere. Revealing my antiquity here if i am not mistaken i first saw Night of the Living Dead at a drive in movie theater before they all went out of business.

Last edited:

LC_Sulla

Thank you LC, i have been a long time fan of these show Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead Sean of the Dead, have not seen 28 Days Later will have to put it on my list. Hope the rest of the series is as good as the premiere. Revealing my antiquity here if i am not mistaken i first saw Night of the Living Dead at a drive in movie theater before they all went out of business.

Shawn of the Dead is......wait for it.....LEGENDARY. So funny.

I remember Drive-Ins! And......There are still around! I saw one last month up North (i.e. New England States).

LC_Sulla

LCS, have you seen Dance of the Dead? I liked that one.

Hi! I haven't, but I immediately went to IMDB when you mentioned it...

Dance of the Dead (2008) - IMDb
On the night of the big High-School Prom, the dead rise to eat the living, and the only people who can stop them are the losers who couldn't get dates to the dance.

Sounds funny and got mostly good reviews. I will check it out when I get the chance.

And now, I feel, we really need a Zombie emoticon. Let's start a petition!

craberta

Zombies of mass destruction

Is a not so well known and Zombie Strippers was at the exchange, I have not watched it, but I wanted to Add it to my Zombie movie collection. I recently saw one set in the Cowboy western theme called "Wanted Dead or...I don't remember the title, but it was Kind of funny, but not like Shawn of the dead! Then there is one on Comcast :dead:Fearnet, Fear Itself movie series called New Years Eve I like.:dead: