The Walking Dead

RPMDAD

Was channel surfing last night and saw a replay of episode one of the walking dead, and it was followed by 28 Days Later. Caught the beginning of 28 days later but fell asleep, it looked pretty good too wil have to try to catch the rest of it

LC_Sulla

Episode 2

I thought episode 2 was just as good as the first episode. I liked that the main character was not trapped in that tank for the entire episode. I like that there are smart folks (that asian guy). He's obviously seen his share of Zombie movies and knows how to survive in a Zombie infested world.

Set me straight on one thing: In the camp, is the buddy cop sleeping with the main character's wife? If so, what's up with that? Does she think he is dead? If so, it looks like the main character gets to that camp next episode.

I also like that there appears to be more to the story of the racist handcuffed on the roof. And he has some kin at the camp as well.

And apparently Zombies can smell! Though I could not help thinking about the scene from Shawn of the Dead.........

And, can you really wipe Zombie guts all over you without getting infected?

I am eager to hear all your thoughts on this episode......

The Walking Dead - Episode 102 - AMC

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I thought episode 2 was just as good as the first episode. I liked that the main character was not trapped in that tank for the entire episode. I like that there are smart folks (that asian guy). He's obviously seen his share of Zombie movies and knows how to survive in a Zombie infested world.

Set me straight on one thing: In the camp, is the buddy cop sleeping with the main character's wife? If so, what's up with that? Does she think he is dead? If so, it looks like the main character gets to that camp next episode.

I also like that there appears to be more to the story of the racist handcuffed on the roof. And he has some kin at the camp as well.

And apparently Zombies can smell! Though I could not help thinking about the scene from Shawn of the Dead.........And, can you really wipe Zombie guts all over you without getting infected?

The wife and I are were laughing about that because of the same thought. I was waiting for them to discuss walking properly, etc...

I am guessing they are following the idea that unless blood gets to your blood, you probably won't get infected. HIV Zombies... :biggrin:

thurley42

HY;FR

And apparently Zombies can smell! Though I could not help thinking about the scene from Shawn of the Dead.........

And, can you really wipe Zombie guts all over you without getting infected?

So I was in Vegas last weekend and didn't get to see it obviously...but I watched last night and then caught episode 101 this afternoon on AMC.com

I feel like the guy banging out the cops wife is kind of skeezy...I mean I know they are boys and all, but when he was asking him about his wife in the first episode it was kinda akward.....I feel like maybe he was doing it with her before the whole shooting incident? I mean how long was he out? Even if it was a few months that seems like an awful short time for her to be banging out his partner...

BuddyLee

Football addict
So I was in Vegas last weekend and didn't get to see it obviously...but I watched last night and then caught episode 101 this afternoon on AMC.com

I feel like the guy banging out the cops wife is kind of skeezy...I mean I know they are boys and all, but when he was asking him about his wife in the first episode it was kinda akward.....I feel like maybe he was doing it with her before the whole shooting incident? I mean how long was he out? Even if it was a few months that seems like an awful short time for her to be banging out his partner...
I think the wife and buddy have been shackin' up way before Rick got injured.

Rick seems to be a born leader and I can see some tension arising when he takes hold of the camp of settlers. The settlers clearly don't like the way his buddy is running the show and his buddy isn't going to like Rick just coming in and naturally taking over.

Should be great drama!

thurley42

HY;FR
I think the wife and buddy have been shackin' up way before Rick got injured.

Rick seems to be a born leader and I can see some tension arising when he takes hold of the camp of settlers. The settlers clearly don't like the way his buddy is running the show and his buddy isn't going to like Rick just coming in and naturally taking over.

Should be great drama!

I wonder if we are going to see anymore of the man and his son that took him in at the beginning. I wonder if his zombie wife will come back into play.

millertc

I agree with BL. I think the buddy and wife were doing the do before he got shot. I enjoyed the ep and I was laughing at the same Shaun of the Dead part.

RPMDAD

I liked it i thought the smearing of the guts on them was a pretty good touch. I too thought of Shawn of the Dead on that one. Glad he didn't get stuck in the tank too long at the beginning. Can't wait for him too show up at the camp with his ex partner and his wife hooking up. Not real sure what is going to happen to the dude handcuffed on the roof don't really care if he just disappears or not.. Not sure if these zombie people have some kind of residual memory and if he is turned may remember where the camp is. Wondering if the first two survivors the dad and kid will reappear or not. All and all thumbs up really like it.

millertc

I liked it i thought the smearing of the guts on them was a pretty good touch. I too thought of Shawn of the Dead on that one. Glad he didn't get stuck in the tank too long at the beginning. Can't wait for him too show up at the camp with his ex partner and his wife hooking up. Not real sure what is going to happen to the dude handcuffed on the roof don't really care if he just disappears or not.. Not sure if these zombie people have some kind of residual memory and if he is turned may remember where the camp is. Wondering if the first two survivors the dad and kid will reappear or not. All and all thumbs up really like it.

I wondered the same thing.

Pushrod

Patriot
I finally got around to watching the first two episodes this weekend. For the most part I liked them.

I was hoping they were the fast zombies, like in Romaro's remake of Dawn of the Dead, but these are kind of intermediate Zombies, not as slow as Night of the Living Dead, but not as fast as DotD.

I was kind of cofused about how the lead character survived in the hospital without fluids or food for what looks like a week or two, and how he managed to not soil himself that entire time (plus, since when do nurses let you where your boxers under your hospital gown?).

The special effects are top rate and the action non-stop, all that I like.

How come when the LC was trapped in the tank, he didn't just start up the tank and get out of dodge in that armored zombie crusher? I've never been in a tank before let alone started one, but are they pushbutton start or require a key? That would have been my first priority. Also, I noticed a loaded fifty caliber machine gun on the top of the tank (or was it the humvee) and that would have cleared a lot of that zombie mob.

So far I give it two thumbs up.

BuddyLee

Football addict
So here's a question...

...could you or would you cut off one of your own limbs to get away from impending death and doom?

thurley42

HY;FR
So here's a question...

...could you or would you cut off one of your own limbs to get away from impending death and doom?

That hiker cut his arm off at the elbow with a pocket knife....I guess you never know what you are capable of until you are in the situation.....

millertc

I think if I was in the situation where it was "impending death and doom", I would cut off a limb to get free...especially if that impending death and doom consisted of being munched on by a crap ton of zombies.

BuddyLee

Football addict
No...he couldn't do it....he got the rifle, baited them all out and couldn't pull the trigger...
Indeed.

I think we'll see those guys again. One of the reasons Rick is going back to Atlanta is to retrieve the walkie talkie in the gun bag. The walkie talkie is used to communicate with the father and son.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm also guessing that the guy with no hand took the bag of guns and is gonna go to their camp and raise Hell...with one arm no less!

LC_Sulla

So here's a question...

Here's a question right back at ya: Why wouldn't you hacksaw through the handcuffs???

Episode 3

The Walking Dead - Episode 103 - AMC

I liked that the lead character (LC) found his wife and kid so quickly in the series.

I like trying to figure out if the buddy cop is good, bad, or just stupid.

I like that they hint that the zombies are encroaching on the camp.

I DON'T like that there are only 3 (can that be true) more episodes left in the season.