This has GOT to be the ugliest car

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Christy said:
I totally want a MINI. I'm just waiting until my youngest can ride up front. I can't imagine anyone fairing well in the backseat of a MINI if it were rear ended.
Go fast enough nobody can rear end you!!

morganj614

Christy said:
I would. :yay: I think they're cute. They are all over the place in Italy and can fit anywhere.

They are the cutest things and very practical. I'd get one. See how cute?

Attachments

• P10100534.jpg
    P10100534.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 151

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Mikeinsmd said:
Well of course 40 mpg is good but not for a lil $15K POS like that. :lol:
It's made by Mercedes and styled by Swatch. You can swap out the body panels and have a different colored car in a few minutes.

T

tikipirate

aps45819 said:
It's made by Mercedes and styled by Swatch. You can swap out the body panels and have a different colored car in a few minutes.

APS' post is true.

The most attractive thing about the SMART in EU is that you can park over these little elevators on the street and they will take the car underground to park and fuel. Sooo... Instead of fighting for parking ala NYC, you just pull into a SMART zone, and present the SMART valet your key. The car disappears underground. When you present your valet tag, your vehicle magically reappears fully fuelled. All for a price cheaper than normal valet parking with nominal fuel costs.

The SMART has been trying to make headway in Canada (only for the left-wing bent of the Canadians, because there is no economic reason) and DC (Daimler-Chrysler) is now trying to introduce the SMART into the US.

SMART may have niche markets in NY and SF, but that is about it. It's a great cool little vehicle, but it won't sell in the land of diesel Ford Excursions with drag racer exhausts.

Ponytail

I saw them 2 years ago when I was in Canada, and as soon as I got back here, I inquired about one. Had they had those available here then, I would have bought one instead of the Buell.

I like the way they look (very different), they're tougher than they look, and economically speaking, I think they just make sense. Now, DC thinks that they need to make a Smart ForMore to be more attractive to Americans with a bigger motor, sportier looks :blahblah:. That's the only way DC CAN sell cars..."Put a hemi in it, they'll buy it!". The only thing a bigger motor does for a car made by DC, is gets you back to the dealership faster for repairs.

Putting a bigger motor in a car that was designed for economics is ridiculous. How many "economical" sporty cars do we need to choose from? Here's another market that Ford will dominate in just cuz the other "big two" don't know how to design a car for current/future markets.

01mds10

not only is it ugly, but thank about how small it is, only little fender bender the car would be totalled adn you'd probably be dead with how small that is.

Vince

Angel said:
It's also nice laughing at all the people who thought they were cool buying an SUV they didn't need, but are now #####ing about filling the tank.
Yeah, I love these guys that bought their BIG trucks and laughed at me and my little Ford Ranger. Costs me around $25 - $30 to fill up and I can drive back and forth to work for two weeks on a tank. They fill up for a hellava lot more. :lmao:

01mds10

i laugh at everyone who buys the big trucks and ##### about gas. if you can afford the big truck, you can afford the gas.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
01mds10 said:
not only is it ugly, but thank about how small it is, only little fender bender the car would be totalled adn you'd probably be dead with how small that is.
:yay: It good to base your choice of car on their crash protection if you're a lousy driver.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
01mds10 said:
I doubt you read my post above about the 70MPH crash test.. I doubt the vehicle you drive now would have done as well

01mds10

itsbob said:
I doubt you read my post above about the 70MPH crash test.. I doubt the vehicle you drive now would have done as well

i didn't read the post your correct but i can guarantee you it will do alot better then the smart car would.

01mds10

BadGirl said:
:bawl: It cost me $60 to fill up my tank this morning at Wawa. :bawl:

it costs me 50$ everytime i fill up, both my vehicles take 50$ to fill up. tank in the SUV lasts me a week, the tank in my s10 lasts me about a month.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
If I put gas in the other SUV - a heavy-as-crap gas-guzzling Land Rover - it would easily take about $75 or more to fill up. As you can guess, that vehicle sits parked because we can't affort to drive it. :nomoney:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
01mds10 said:
i didn't read the post your correct but i can guarantee you it will do alot better then the smart car would.

This is a common misconception - that a bigger car will do better in a crash-test simply because it's bigger. Not true. In this case, size doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with size, but everything to do with the construction of the vehicle, eg the steering column, the transverse struts, the wheels, the crashbox, airbags, doors, engine, safety belts, seats, etc. The SMART has already been through extensive crash testing in Europe and the data regarding the safety characteristics is out there.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
If I put gas in the other SUV - a heavy-as-crap gas-guzzling Land Rover - it would easily take about $75 or more to fill up. As you can guess, that vehicle sits parked because we can't affort to drive it. :nomoney:
It's been on "less-then-empty" for over a month now. Have to put some gas in it before the next trash run.

Now the bike I fill up once or twice a week, at $12 a fill up.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
01mds10 said:
I would take that bet for ANY American made car or truck in the last ten - fifteen years.