This has GOT to be the ugliest car

itsbob

I bowl overhand
wxtornado said:
Don't hog all the easy money bob, I want in on that action :howdy:
I saw a 5 MPH bumper test on BIG BEEFY American made Dodge full size pick-up.. FIVE MPH.. and the truck had to be towed off of the test site it was too damaged to drive.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
itsbob said:
I saw a 5 MPH bumper test on BIG BEEFY American made Dodge full size pick-up.. FIVE MPH.. and the truck had to be towed off of the test site it was too damaged to drive.

Sadly, that doesn't surprise me too much.

Christy

b*tch rocket
tikipirate said:
SMART may have niche markets in NY and SF, but that is about it. It's a great cool little vehicle, but it won't sell in the land of diesel Ford Excursions with drag racer exhausts.

I think you're wrong, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat. :yay: I have a big ole honkin truck that I can use to haul things, I'd use the SMART car for every day use.

01mds10

wxtornado said:
This is a common misconception - that a bigger car will do better in a crash-test simply because it's bigger. Not true. In this case, size doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with size, but everything to do with the construction of the vehicle, eg the steering column, the transverse struts, the wheels, the crashbox, airbags, doors, engine, safety belts, seats, etc. The SMART has already been through extensive crash testing in Europe and the data regarding the safety characteristics is out there.

i guess i just feel safer when i am in a bigger vehcile. i've always driven a big vehcile you can say. an oldsmobile cutlass, a gmc jimmy, an s10.. ok well i take taht back, owned one small vehcile, a hyundai elantra, but that was because it was 500 dollars.

i ran into someone in the jimmy going about 25, right dead in the back of her when mybrakes failed on me. just pushed my bumper in and bent my frame horne down and pushed hers in a tad bit, she was in a dodge neon(early model).

itsbob

I bowl overhand
01mds10 said:
i guess i just feel safer when i am in a bigger vehcile. i've always driven a big vehcile you can say. an oldsmobile cutlass, a gmc jimmy, an s10.. ok well i take taht back, owned one small vehcile, a hyundai elantra, but that was because it was 500 dollars.

i ran into someone in the jimmy going about 25, right dead in the back of her when mybrakes failed on me. just pushed my bumper in and bent my frame horne down and pushed hers in a tad bit, she was in a dodge neon(early model).
Understand. but the big bad trucks now, with their big stell chrom e bumpers, aren't steel anymore.. they're either pepsi can aluminum, or chromed plastic.. as studley as they look, they are just as crinkly as a Neon.

01mds10

itsbob said:
Understand. but the big bad trucks now, with their big stell chrom e bumpers, aren't steel anymore.. they're either pepsi can aluminum, or chromed plastic.. as studley as they look, they are just as crinkly as a Neon.
that is true, ofcourse though. it is cheaper to build. cheaper to build=cheaper to buy(in most cases)

StarCat

Pandora said:
I’ve ever seen. Ick

This article is 2 years old, and at that time, they discuss the price and the over all strangeness of the vehicle.

The Smart ForTwo will launch in major metropolitan areas across the US in ’08 and priced under $15,000. It gets 40 MPG.

Would you buy one? :killingme
:smack: its adorable! I would buy one if it came with roof tethers for the kids :shrug:

CrashTest

CableChick said:
There is one cruising around Calvert County every now and then. Just saw it last week. It's cute, but I can only assume it isn't that safe due to size. I haven't read up on the car yet. But I'd get a mini-cooper if I didn't have kids! :yay:

Yep - I've seen that one in Calvert many times. One problem with those cars is that tipping them over has become a popular pastime for youngsters. Kinda like cow-tipping.

CrashTest

Angel said:
Are you kidding me? 40 mgp is great! My fucus get's 32 mpg, so I'm good. I use to think the Ford Focus was ugly, but between my Sister-N-Law raving about hers and the rental Focus I had for 6 months (thanks to my previous POS Car), I fell in love with them.

My daily-driver is a Fucus and with 70K on the clock, it's only been in the shop once for a headlight that was fogging up inside.

I bought it back when I was married. The former Mrs Crash thought it was so ugly that she wouldn't even ride in it with me.

oldman

Lobster Land
I've very happy, elated actually, with my 94 Geo Metro. As someone else stated, if you know how to drive defensively accidents shouldn't happen. I did have one minor accident some years ago for which I received less than $300 to fix it - I pocketed the money and bought a can of JPC paint to make the repair. The only negative is with only 3 cylinders and the A/C running you slow down to nothing while going up a steep hill. Hatchback and the back seat folds down so hauling stuff has never been a problem for me. Great gas milage, easily keeps up with the flow around the beltway and is just fun to drive.

willie

CableChick said:
There is one cruising around Calvert County every now and then. Just saw it last week. It's cute, but I can only assume it isn't that safe due to size. I haven't read up on the car yet. But I'd get a mini-cooper if I didn't have kids! :yay:
I don't want to think about driving that thing in the 6 AM traffic on RT 4.

bigtw34

"I’ve ever seen. Ick

This article is 2 years old, and at that time, they discuss the price and the over all strangeness of the vehicle.

The Smart ForTwo will launch in major metropolitan areas across the US in ’08 and priced under $15,000. It gets 40 MPG.

Would you buy one? "

I wouldnt buy one, for two reasons. One, Im 6'6 and there is no way in hell im goin to fit in that thing. And two, it looks like what you get after a golf cart humps a honda civic.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
bigtw34 said:
Now I think I got you beat of the ugliest car ever.
That is the car that played Mr. Bean's nemesis. :lol:

I saw one while I was in England a few years ago. I was in Bath, specifically, walking around... and one drove by once. I was laughing so hard saying, "They really exist!", but I missed getting a picture. I saw the same one again later, but still missed getting a shot.