This speach sucks bad!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
soul4sale said:
Toldja this was a bad idea for the Bushies. He got the poll fright. Call it the Kanye Factor. Should have just ridden it out.
Catch me :faint: - I agree. I didn't watch the speech because it's Bebe Mama night, but I read a preview.

I told you all - liberal rollover buttlicker. :rolleyes: "Compassionate" conservative, my ass.

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
Catch me :faint: - I agree. I didn't watch the speech because it's Bebe Mama night, but I read a preview. I told you all - liberal rollover buttlicker. :rolleyes: "Compassionate" conservative, my ass.
:bonk:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Homesick said:
Now let's see how he actually gets the job done and follows through, without completely bankrupting the country.
... as the Dems have tried to do? I guess only time will reveal if a Republican is better at pushing their agenda than they are. (And then they will try to assume the credit if successful.)

I don't believe the entire plan is flawed. Business tax cuts could be helpful, among other things. But the overwhelming micro-management of the feds "giving them a new life" is disturbing.

tomchamp

BuddyLee said:
I never got this, anyone care to explain? Is this just small businesses, I hope?
It's very simple buddy...if a business has less of a tax burden..it will spend more of it's money..i.e. hire more employees.

hvp05

BuddyLee said:
I never got this, anyone care to explain? Is this just small businesses, I hope?
(From the Post) Adopting a policy option typically used in much smaller scale, he proposed creation of a Gulf Opportunity Zone that would grant new and existing businesses a variety of tax breaks, loans and loan guarantees through 2007.
I don't think the point of the speech was to deliver details.

hvp05

More...

... from the Post:
"The families in the Gulf . . . certainly don't need to hear another speech from President Bush," Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) said. "What they need is leadership. . . . Let's be clear about what Katrina was: a failure of leadership." Reid called for "an American Marshall Plan" to rebuild the Gulf Coast and accused Republicans of balking at even greater spending on health, housing and education for victims.
So much for the Libbies remaining silent. :lol:

Full article

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let's be clear about what Katrina was: a failure of leadership.
And all this time we thought it was a hurricane. :rolleyes:

Bush said:
That poverty has roots in a history of racial discrimination, which cut off generations from the opportunity of America. We have a duty to confront this poverty with bold action.

Yay! Reparations! John Conyers must be so happy!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Heh, this'll bring me some more red.

I didn't watch the speech, but I'd like to think the President is calling it as he sees it. Not good politics, but honest.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I didn't see the speech. What did Bush do, turn in to a reincarnation of FDR?

I tend to oppose big government on social issues as well as on fiscal and legal issues. I disagreed with the Supreme Court decision on eminent domain, and I disagreed with the Defense of Marriage Act's language banning gay marriage. I see both of these as against the principle of small government.

PJumper

Tonio said:
I didn't see the speech. What did Bush do, turn in to a reincarnation of FDR?

I tend to oppose big government on social issues as well as on fiscal and legal issues. I disagreed with the Supreme Court decision on eminent domain, and I disagreed with the Defense of Marriage Act's language banning gay marriage. I see both of these as against the principle of small government.

The way I see it, the fed was just tired of bickering and finger pointing by the local government that they need to step in to get things done for the people. The city of New Orleans were given more than enough money to protect it from disasters like this but chooses to spend the money somewhere else. Rebuilding the gulf coast is not Bush's way of saving face but the United States' way of saving face.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
PJumper said:
The way I see it, the fed was just tired of bickering and finger pointing by the local government that they need to step in to get things done for the people. The city of New Orleans were given more than enough money to protect it from disasters like this but chooses to spend the money somewhere else. Rebuilding the gulf coast is not Bush's way of saving face but the United States' way of saving face.

:yay: Yes, you saw the same speech that I saw. Bush did what any other politician would be too afraid to do. He told the truth and implied that something this big needs a Federal (Department of Defense) response 'cause nobody can handle the logistics like Uncle Sugar's "Export Democracy Corps."

B

Bruzilla

I just can't see spending a gazillion schamolias to keep a hole in the ground dry.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Catch me :faint: - I agree. I didn't watch the speech because it's Bebe Mama night, but I read a preview.

I told you all - liberal rollover buttlicker. :rolleyes: "Compassionate" conservative, my ass.
:yeahthat:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Railroad said:

I didn't watch the speech, but I'd like to think the President is calling it as he sees it. Not good politics, but honest.
I won't give you red, but I think you have political blinders on.

Time to really join the Constitution Party.

PJumper

Bruzilla said:
I just can't see spending a gazillion schamolias to keep a hole in the ground dry.

It will be cheaper in the long run considering what the survivors, refugees, displaced or whatever we want to call them going to ask the government in form of "aid". Better give them a new fishing boat than give them fish forever.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Railroad said:

:yeahthat:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Bruzilla said:
You could certainly use this as a metaphor for Iraq. Oh, and I'll be sure to send you the bill for what we're losing without this major port city.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
However, if you digress...<o:p></o:p>

Let's just cut off the Gulf coast entirely, since they 'might' get a major hurricane one day that knocks everything flat, which we'll have to pay for.<o:p></o:p>

While we're at it why don't we let Florida float on away, since they 'might' one day get a major hurricane that does the same.<o:p></o:p>

Hell, lets keep going...<o:p></o:p>

Why don't we disband North and South Carolina from the Union since they were more prone to hurricanes last year than any other part of the United States?<o:p></o:p>

Oh, and California, lets not forget the rainbow state. They are certainly prone to another 89' style earthquake. Lets be safe with our money and push that country off the mainland as well. <o:p></o:p>

Wait a minute...what about Tornado alley? That takes out Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska to name a few. What if we had another dust bowl...hmmm can't be too careful with our money so lets just take out the mid-west as a whole.<o:p></o:p>

Alaska has over 80 volcanoes, gone. Hawaii, need I say more?<o:p></o:p>

Washington State has four active sites, namely Mount St. Helens, gone.<o:p></o:p>

Now then, while we were being so cheap lets figure out if we really saved any money by getting rid of these places.<o:p></o:p>

New Orleans will be rebuilt, that's what Americans do best, they build things and rebuild them better and quicker than anyone else in the world. New Orleans is a big part of American history that will not just be flushed down the toilet just because we're too cheap. Since when has 'America' been cheap?