This Sunday at Pepper's Pet Pantry in Solomons

dgates80

Land of the lost
Two puppys from tri-county got adopted today! YAAA! I did a transport today for Prince, a Husky... we flew him to State College, PA to a Husky rescue up there. He was fine in the plane, slept the whole way. It was a 4 hour turn-around trip, sure beat 10 plus driving up there and back!

Last edited:

SoftballCrazy

Two puppys from tri-county got adopted today! YAAA! I did a transport today for Prince, a Husky... we flew him to State College, PA to a Husky rescue up there. He was fine in the plane, slept the whole way. It was a 4 hour turn-around trip, sure beat 10 plus driving up there and back!

:yahoo: Thank you! Prince was a beautiful boy, saw the pics at Pepper's a few Sunday's ago....I'm glad he was good for you on the plane.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Don't forget everyone

SECOND HOPE RESCUE AT CHICK-FIL-A
Date: 7/15/2008
Time: 5 PM
Duration: 02:00

Come and help support local animal rescue while enjoying a great Chick-Fil-A meal. For more information, please call 240-925-0628 or email lora@secondhoperescue.net. Thanks for helping us help the animals!

J

jp2854

Did you fly him in your plane since I hear your a pilot?

dgates80

Land of the lost
Did you fly him in your plane since I hear your a pilot?

Yes, it was the only way I could see to get the job done -- it was either a 90 minute (each way) flight or a five to six hour drive (each way). Let's see, a 10 hour driving day or four hours total, and back in time to open the store for the Tri-County ladies (who adopted out two collie mix puppies this weekend! YAA)

The only direct cost was for the fuel for the plane, about $200. Fuel for driving would have been at *least* two and probably three $60 fill-ups, so that was comparable overall.

Plus, it was a fun flight!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
It was hot

We did have more dogs then volunteers and was a lot of work, but thanks to all the volunteers that showed. :howdy: We missed the rest of you guys and gals. :huggy:

Looks like a few adoptions may happen :huggy: and that's always a good thing.

See you all next time and come volunteer at the kennel. KK is killing me :lol: Like I said, she's lucky I :love: her.

frequentflier

happy to be living
We did have more dogs then volunteers and was a lot of work, but thanks to all the volunteers that showed. :howdy: We missed the rest of you guys and gals. :huggy:

Looks like a few adoptions may happen :huggy: and that's always a good thing.

See you all next time and come volunteer at the kennel. KK is killing me :lol: Like I said, she's lucky I :love: her.

That swimming pool looked pretty good! It was hot- that's why I stayed in the air conditioning :lmao:
To date, we have had 13 doggies and 7 kitties adopted out... Hopefully you all got a few good applications and we will have more to add to the stats!
I don't have anyone lined up for the 27th yet- the people from Greenbelt cannot make it. Anybody up to it??

unixpirate

Pitty Party
That swimming pool looked pretty good! It was hot- that's why I stayed in the air conditioning :lmao:
To date, we have had 13 doggies and 7 kitties adopted out... Hopefully you all got a few good applications and we will have more to add to the stats!
I don't have anyone lined up for the 27th yet- the people from Greenbelt cannot make it. Anybody up to it??

You think if I wear my speedo at the next event and get in the pool we'll have more adoptions :shrug:

:lol: