Tiki Bar Opening 2013 thread

Bay_Kat

Tropical
It's been my tradition for the last several years to listen to the scanner on Tiki night, even when I lived in Calvert, never had a desire to go, but fun listening to all the drunk calls. Tonight may literally be a wash out.:killingme

frequentflier

happy to be living
It's been my tradition for the last several years to listen to the scanner on Tiki night, even when I lived in Calvert, never had a desire to go, but fun listening to all the drunk calls. Tonight may literally be a wash out.:killingme

I left out of Solomons about 4:20 and the cars were on both sides of the road up to the Calvert Marine Museum. I came over the bridge I am guessing about 8 and the were cars parked on the road further north and the parking lots to the strip malls were a lot fuller. It may not have deterred people...

I had driven from Charlotte Hall in torrential downpours, sideways rain, thunder, lightening and wind. It cleared up once I got to Wildewood Plaza, wasn't bad over the TJ Bridge and didn't start getting crappy again until Lusby. Maybe the worst of it bypassed Solomons? Maybe the tiki gods blessed Solomons tonight?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
This one goes down as one of the most boring Tiki openings in at least the last 5 years. Must have been the tornado warning.:killingme I guess it's still early.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Seriously thought about going today to the Tiki opening (we've lived here almost 7 years and we've not made it to an opening before) but saw the weather forecast and decided against it. Kinda glad we did because we drove home from dinner tonight in what was quite a nice little storm.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Seriously thought about going today to the Tiki opening (we've lived here almost 7 years and we've not made it to an opening before) but saw the weather forecast and decided against it. Kinda glad we did because we drove home from dinner tonight in what was quite a nice little storm.

Would have probably been the best one to go to, sounds really quiet.