Tiki:Caught On The Net?

Katelin

one day the dark will end
In my opinion, it doesn't matter if she is drunk and passed out or not. The tiki bar opening is no place for a baby. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children...... :smack:

Great advertising for the Solomon's Tourist Commission!!!

Not to mention the terrific press for yet another Tiki Bar drunk and passed out patron!!:sarcasm:

NewsJunky

Do you have any idea how many folks are on the island regardless of the stupid tiki bar ..as in, they are transient cruisers, for example, with their boat at one of the marinas? What?..they are a supposed to hide if they have an infant and are not free to walk the island regardless?

So many wild assumptions..so many possiblities.....

The picture speaks for itself. The person is laying on the ground with the baby on top of her. With several standing around with chit-eating grins on their faces. On any other day - other than the tiki bar opening - will you see such a thing? I think not. I've been going to the tiki bar for years and I could care less what adults do in their spare time, but leave the babies home on the tiki opening and closing weekend.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The picture speaks for itself. The person is laying on the ground with the baby on top of her. With several standing around with chit-eating grins on their faces. On any other day - other than the tiki bar opening - will you see such a thing? I think not. I've been going to the tiki bar for years and I could care less what adults do in their spare time, but leave the babies home on the tiki opening and closing weekend.

Soo..you are completely convinced that the woman 'passed out' neatly and cleanly on her back and her friends found that amusing rather than distressing?

I'm not.

Whatever.

NewsJunky

Soo..you are completely convinced that the woman 'passed out' neatly and cleanly on her back and her friends found that amusing rather than distressing?

I'm not.

Whatever.

I never said that I believed the person was "passed out". I said it didn't matter if she was drunk, passed out, or NOT. In My Opinion, the baby should have been left home.

Whatever is right. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I never said that I believed the person was "passed out". I said it didn't matter if she was drunk, passed out, or NOT. In My Opinion, the baby should have been left home.

Whatever is right. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Of course. But I'm speaking as someone who has been in some' odd' places at 'odd' times and through no ill intent, I asure you. I would love to see all the "gasp, Omg, who is that hoodlum?"' threads if a picture of me trying to evade water cannons and trees burning in the streets in Hamburg during the unification riots...for just one example.

People are where people are..only fools judge them based on nothing but one picture. The tiki bar opening does not magically define everyone who happens to be on Solomon's Island that day. Thank goodness...

NewsJunky

Of course. But I'm speaking as someone who has been in some' odd' places at 'odd' times and through no ill intent, I asure you. I would love to see all the "gasp, Omg, who is that hoodlum?"' threads if a picture of me trying to evade water cannons and trees burning in the streets in Hamburg during the unification riots...for just one example.

People are where people are..only fools judge them based on nothing but one picture. The tiki bar opening does not magically define everyone who happens to be on Solomon's Island that day. Thank goodness...

And I will assume that you are not calling me or anyone else here a fool just because we have the opinion that the tiki bar opening is NO place for a baby or child.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And I will assume that you are not calling me or anyone else here a fool just because we have the opinion that the tiki bar opening is NO place for a baby or child.

Nope..I'm saying that there is nothing wrong with someone who happens to be on the island strolling by with a child and having some tongue-in-cheek fun with the event. Do you know for a fact that it was anything else?

NewsJunky

Nope..I'm saying that there is nothing wrong with someone who happens to be on the island strolling by with a child and having some tongue-in-cheek fun with the event. Do you know for a fact that it was anything else?

No, and I never said I did know for a fact that this person was drunk or whatever. Maybe the whole situation was staged. However, it is my opinion that the person should have left the child at home if for no other reason, for the child's own safety. Its my opinion. Get over it already. :buddies:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
When you look at the "passed out" woman's face closer, she appears to be smiling. OTOH, the person I have not yet seen mentioned is the photographer. They were actually there. Why would they say she had passed out if the women were obviously joking around?

Next, check out the :moon: in #70. :lmao:

BernieP

Resident PIA
In my opinion, it doesn't matter if she is drunk and passed out or not. The tiki bar opening is no place for a baby. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children...... :smack:

:killingme and how else was she suppose to go, leave the kid at home unattended?

We had to cancel practices and even forfeited games because mommy and daddy were either at the Tiki bar or getting ready to go so the kiddems had to stay home that weekend.

Some things in life are just to important to miss.

NewsJunky

:killingme and how else was she suppose to go, leave the kid at home unattended?

We had to cancel practices and even forfeited games because mommy and daddy were either at the Tiki bar or getting ready to go so the kiddems had to stay home that weekend.

Some things in life are just to important to miss.

Ever hear of babysitters? :whistle: