Tiki:Caught On The Net?

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
What pic?

Hey, I was outta town all weekend. Saw all the commotion about some pic but can't seem to find the pic everyone is talkin about. Anyone know where it is? Also, any other Tiki pics up somewhere other than on baynet? Thought I could get a glimpse of the "fun" I missed. :lol:

FED_UP

Hey, I was outta town all weekend. Saw all the commotion about some pic but can't seem to find the pic everyone is talkin about. Anyone know where it is? Also, any other Tiki pics up somewhere other than on baynet? Thought I could get a glimpse of the "fun" I missed. :lol:

That picture is gone now.

Last edited:

direxpgw

Tiki Pic

People should really start to believe none of what they hear and half of what they see. This is typical media bias to sway public opinion over someones personal vendetta. People are always too quick to form an opinion with even the slightest smidgion of fact whatsoever. What would believe if you knew that the owner of that said publication has a personal animosity toward the owner of the Tiki Bar and has been/will do anything possible to shed a bad light on the reputation and morality of that institution. The Tiki Bar has its problems like any bar or organization and has some persistent and anal enemies who will do short of nothing to make them look bad at every opportunity. Such as posting an unrelated pic of a drunk woman with a baby at a different location with the underlying assumption being made that she was served excessive Mai tais at Tiki by an uncaring and immoral bar crowd. Im glad everyone can muster that much info simply from looking at a pic. Believe very little unless you see with your own eyes.

People should really start to believe none of what they hear and half of what they see. This is typical media bias to sway public opinion over someones personal vendetta. People are always too quick to form an opinion with even the slightest smidgion of fact whatsoever. What would believe if you knew that the owner of that said publication has a personal animosity toward the owner of the Tiki Bar and has been/will do anything possible to shed a bad light on the reputation and morality of that institution. The Tiki Bar has its problems like any bar or organization and has some persistent and anal enemies who will do short of nothing to make them look bad at every opportunity. Such as posting an unrelated pic of a drunk woman with a baby at a different location with the underlying assumption being made that she was served excessive Mai tais at Tiki by an uncaring and immoral bar crowd. Im glad everyone can muster that much info simply from looking at a pic. Believe very little unless you see with your own eyes.

So why did you bring your baby to the Tiki Bar? :killingme

sockgirl77

I've seen all 12 pics in the series. It was not staged. A woman and her baby were laying on the pier. People rushed over worried about her. Not one thing was posted about the woman drinking. There were pics taken all over the Island, just as there are every year. :shrug: Also, as soon as one of her friends/family members requested that the pic be taken down, it was done. Just as some of the others that were in the original slideshow.

I've seen all 12 pics in the series. It was not staged. You and your baby were laying on the pier. People rushed over worried about you. Not one thing was posted about you drinking. There were pics taken all over the Island, just as there are every year. :shrug: Also, as soon as one of your friends/family members requested that the pic be taken down, it was done. Just as some of the others that were in the original slideshow. Next time, find a sitter and no one will talk about you.

:fixed:

direxpgw

tiki

I've seen all 12 pics in the series. It was not staged. A woman and her baby were laying on the pier. People rushed over worried about her. Not one thing was posted about the woman drinking. There were pics taken all over the Island, just as there are every year. :shrug: Also, as soon as one of her friends/family members requested that the pic be taken down, it was done. Just as some of the others that were in the original slideshow.

No kidding it wasnt staged. Nobody thinks the pic was doctored. It was just put in the paper out of context with the story that was being portrayed. Story..."tiki opening".....First pic "drunk woman w/ baby". Real quality journalism. May have well as taken a pic of some drunk in PG county and put it in there as well. Point is simply that its easy to sway people without a brain with a few pics and a piss poor quality writeup into believing anything.

sockgirl77

No kidding it wasnt staged. Nobody thinks the pic was doctored. It was just put in the paper out of context with the story that was being portrayed. Story..."tiki opening".....First pic "drunk woman w/ baby". Real quality journalism. May have well as taken a pic of some drunk in PG county and put it in there as well. Point is simply that its easy to sway people without a brain with a few pics and a piss poor quality writeup into believing anything.

Tiki Opening is an event that the entire Island participates in. :shrug: