To the person in Pstuxent View who called the county

littlelady

God bless the USA
One fact has been ignored in the replies; and that is catlin said she has become disabled. If we still lived in Calvert, my hub would mow her yard...no charge. I, also, see admin deleted her op, as she requested. So, now, only the members that read it know what she posted. I wish her the best.

black dog

Free America
I guess I am in the minority, but I feel like if I own my property, I can do or not do whatever I want with it. Yes I dislike things my neighbors do in their yards sometimes, but it is theirs, and I just deal with it. This is exactly why I chose not to live anywhere that has an HOA.

In this case, the person stated they don't have a lawn mower and are making due the best they can. Black dog, $150 can be an astronomical amount to a lot of people. If I had to choose to pay my mortgage/buy food, or buy a lawn mower, guess what I'm picking. And just because they could afford that house at one time, doesn't mean that circumstances haven't changed and now money is tighter. I don't know this person....just trying to have some compassion without knowing the whole story, instead of immediately assuming the worse and being mean and self righteous about it.

My answer would be, if life has you where 150 bucks keeps you from buying a cheap mower to cut your grass I would say it's about time to rethink your fiances.
Sounds like it's time to sell and move to where it's more economic for them to live and afford such luxurious things like a push mower. JMO.....

catlingirl

I guess I am in the minority, but I feel like if I own my property, I can do or not do whatever I want with it. Yes I dislike things my neighbors do in their yards sometimes, but it is theirs, and I just deal with it. This is exactly why I chose not to live anywhere that has an HOA.

In this case, the person stated they don't have a lawn mower and are making due the best they can. Black dog, $150 can be an astronomical amount to a lot of people. If I had to choose to pay my mortgage/buy food, or buy a lawn mower, guess what I'm picking. And just because they could afford that house at one time, doesn't mean that circumstances haven't changed and now money is tighter. I don't know this person....just trying to have some compassion without knowing the whole story, instead of immediately assuming the worse and being mean and self righteous about it.

Thank you

catlingirl

One fact has been ignored in the replies; and that is catlin said she has become disabled. If we still lived in Calvert, my hub would mow her yard...no charge. I, also, see admin deleted her op, as she requested. So, now, only the members that read it know what she posted. I wish her the best.

Thank you

littlelady

God bless the USA
I offered up a good lawn dude.

What part don’t you get? If she can’t afford a lawnmower, what makes you think she can afford someone else to do it. The bonk smilie is one the best on the forum :bonk:, but the one I introduced was better. :strangle:

littlelady

God bless the USA
My answer would be, if life has you where 150 bucks keeps you from buying a cheap mower to cut your grass I would say it's about time to rethink your fiances.
Sounds like it's time to sell and move to where it's more economic for them to live and afford such luxurious things like a push mower. JMO.....

Hello? Call me. :killingme:

Last edited:

nutz

Being an ####### is living in a community and letting your property go to sh*t. Don’t want to mow your grass? Go live somewhere that doesn’t have an HOA or neighbors in general. We just had a sale in our neighborhood and the guy lived next to an untidy neighbor and it cost him money on the sale.

Jackass, why didn't you do something about your neighbor? Keyboard bully, you go.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

What part don’t you get? If she can’t afford a lawnmower, what makes you think she can afford someone else to do it. The bonk smilie is one the best on the forum :bonk:, but the one I introduced was better. :strangle:

I pay $60.00 for two acres to be mowed. That's much less expensive than buying a lawnmower.

MR47930

Have you let your neighbors know your situation? If I were a betting man I'd say they'd be happy to help you out with your predicament at no charge, maybe throw in some homemade cookies. Do you have a grandson, brother, son, nephew, uncle, friend? I mowed a buddies yard for months after he had surgery, people are willing to help.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Have you let your neighbors know your situation? If I were a betting man I'd say they'd be happy to help you out with your predicament at no charge, maybe throw in some homemade cookies. Do you have a grandson, brother, son, nephew, uncle, friend? I mowed a buddies yard for months after he had surgery, people are willing to help.

I assume a person with that attitude has already pissed off her neighbors enough that they wouldn’t piss on her house if it was on fire........just sayin’

MR47930

Jackass, why didn't you do something about your neighbor? Keyboard bully, you go.

Like what? Mow it for them? Not a chance in hell, know why? Because I see the father sitting out on the porch and the kids playing catch in the street. They're not disabled, they're just lazy.

Hannibal

I don't understand why the need to post on a forum where this person will never see it. Just the same, you are aggravated that this person doesn't know your situation. And you're 100% correct. But with that, how can you expect them to be sympathetic to your situation if they don't know about it? Most people are reasonable; however, on the surface, all this person sees is a homeowner neglecting their property. Sounds like a little more communication would go a long way.

I won't fault the people for making a complaint assuming this wasn't an issue of your grass being tall for a week or two. Sounds like it's gone on much longer than that. And I assume you are liable to the complaint being that you're part of an HOA. If so, sorry, but that is what you signed up for.

To the points made above, there are likely very many options available to you that are economically viable. Last I checked, they don't have or enforce HOA's in trailer parks and with median home prices being in the low $300k's there, working up enough scratch for a trim every couple of weeks should be manageable. If life/situation has dictated otherwise, I am sure there are those around you would gladly help out during this rough time.

Generally, I think the response to your post would have been far different if presented differently. Hell, I live down the street from you and I would've probably offered a hand if you expressed there was a need. Now, you sound like the crazy old cat lady.

catlingirl

I don't understand why the need to post on a forum where this person will never see it. Just the same, you are aggravated that this person doesn't know your situation. And you're 100% correct. But with that, how can you expect them to be sympathetic to your situation if they don't know about it? Most people are reasonable; however, on the surface, all this person sees is a homeowner neglecting their property. Sounds like a little more communication would go a long way.

I won't fault the people for making a complaint assuming this wasn't an issue of your grass being tall for a week or two. Sounds like it's gone on much longer than that. And I assume you are liable to the complaint being that you're part of an HOA. If so, sorry, but that is what you signed up for.

To the points made above, there are likely very many options available to you that are economically viable. Last I checked, they don't have or enforce HOA's in trailer parks and with median home prices being in the low $300k's there, working up enough scratch for a trim every couple of weeks should be manageable. If life/situation has dictated otherwise, I am sure there are those around you would gladly help out during this rough time.

Generally, I think the response to your post would have been far different if presented differently. Hell, I live down the street from you and I would've probably offered a hand if you expressed there was a need. Now, you sound like the crazy old cat lady.

Oh ok I was venting because I was shocked because someone would do that is all. And we have kept the yard up for the past 17 years we've lived here. Its just this year it was hard to keep up because of finances and him being disabled.Im not making excuses, just saying people need to ask before assuming. I was frustrated and I guess I should've asked for help from the neighbors instead of venting on here. If I knew who it was who called I'd be talking to them instead.