Tonight on my ride home I met the greatest driver in SOMD.

AndyMarquisLIVE

aps45819 said:
Far left lane?

Doesn't matter - speed limit's still 55 and there is still a legal following distance. It's never legal to speed even if you're keeping up with traffic.

Besides, it was only 2 lanes.

I had another few arrogant pricks this morning too. Some dude passed me on a double solid on Rosewick doing at least 70. Then he has the nerve to flip me off and I'll tell you what I would've liked to have done with that finger. I just don't know why people have to be so arrogant on the roads around here.

Vince

somdfnt said:
lol...yes don't you love it when someone has the nerve to flip you off and honk their horn, after they have just cut you off. Just a thought... :howdy:
Yeah, love that one. Some kid pulled out in front of me and I'm on two wheels. She's got 4. I have to go around her on the right because there's not enough room to stop and she gives me the dirty look. Took one hand off the handle bar and gave her the salute. To top it all, she's on the dayum cell phone not even paying attention to her driving. Must have learned the technique from her parents.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PrchJrkr said:
That reminds me. Anyone here have a gabby 2007 senior by the name of Kali?

She had a cell phone, lead foot, and Vote Kali most talkative Senior, or something like that on her rear window. I clocked her at 70 on N235 near the Bean Building, and she completely lost me on St. John's and I was slightly above the limit.:whistle:
I LOVE this!

Wouldn't it be great if we could start a vehicle narc squad? When you see a young person driving unsafely, post it on here in hopes the parents will see it and take action. :yay:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
vraiblonde said:
I LOVE this!

Wouldn't it be great if we could start a vehicle narc squad? When you see a young person driving unsafely, post it on here in hopes the parents will see it and take action. :yay:

That is exactly my reason for posting.

I'm tired of reading about young lives ended on our roads.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Pete said:
I know this because I was was riding along on my bike, minding my own business, going about 40 and decelerating. I am kind of anal so I had about 25 feet or so between myself and the car in front of me.

That is when the greatest driver in SOMD came into the picture. How do you know he was the greatest driver in SOMD, you ask? Well let me tell you, from out of nowhere, 2 lanes to my right the greatest driver in SOMD accelerated past me then came all the way across in one motion and placed his piece of crap 1990 something black rusted Pontiac within a foot of my front wheel.

Not one lane, two full lanes, one fluid, non-signaled motion. Whoosh. Now figure the skill it took to calculate the closing distance between myself and the car in front of me since we were slowing to stop, and to be able to put his car in that shrinking gap from 2 lanes away is incredible.

I was in so much awe I could not help but to switch right one lane and pass him while saluting his skill piloting a passenger car. :yay:

I think this is the same guy that was behind me and one of my mutts a couple of Fridays ago....

We pull out of that road behind BJ's after he honks 4 times(and of course after the first time he honked, I had to wait till it was absolutely safe for me to pull out :biggrin:)....so, we pull out and the guy pulls out with us, goes around us on the shoulder of the road(oooppppsss, did I not see him over there and run him partially off the road, darn)....he gets around us and floors it....I am on the phone by this time with the police and follow him down St. Andrews doing 70!....he gets to Fairground Rd and doesn't see the guy turning in front of him and swerves over into the "passing lane" in front of me(cutting me off)....The police were at the end of St. Andrews waiting for him to pull onto Rt 5....me and the mutt just had to turn around and go back just so we could wave at him......twice :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Doesn't matter - speed limit's still 55 and there is still a legal following distance. It's never legal to speed even if you're keeping up with traffic.
Besides, it was only 2 lanes.
I had another few arrogant pricks this morning too. Some dude passed me on a double solid on Rosewick doing at least 70. Then he has the nerve to flip me off and I'll tell you what I would've liked to have done with that finger. I just don't know why people have to be so arrogant on the roads around here.
It's not your job to enforce the speed limit. I have to wonder who's the arrogant prick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
This story proves my theory that a majority of drivers just DO NOT SEE motorcycles.
I have to make a special effort to see motorcycles, especially at night. What irritates me are the Hell's Angel wannabes going 90 mph who appear out of nowhere. I almost took one out the other day - he wasn't anywhere in sight when I put on my blinker to change lanes, and as I started moving over, there he was. He swerved around me and - byaaaaaaaannnnng - kept on going. I was doing 70 and he FLEW past me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
aps45819 said:
It's not your job to enforce the speed limit.
Wrong. Andy has a right to do the speed limit. Anyone who wants to go faster is going to have to accommodate *him*, not the other way around.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
vraiblonde said:
Wrong. Andy has a right to do the speed limit. Anyone who wants to go faster is going to have to accommodate *him*, not the other way around.
While we are all legally obligated to do the speed limit, but it's not our job to ensure other people do.
Tell me it doesn't pizz you off when somebody decides to pace a car in the right lane.

vraiblonde said:
I have to make a special effort to see motorcycles, especially at night. What irritates me are the Hell's Angel wannabes going 90 mph who appear out of nowhere. I almost took one out the other day - he wasn't anywhere in sight when I put on my blinker to change lanes, and as I started moving over, there he was. He swerved around me and - byaaaaaaaannnnng - kept on going. I was doing 70 and he FLEW past me.
I almost never see the Harley/Cruiser riders riding irresponsibly. It's usually the sport bikes.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
PrchJrkr said:
That reminds me. Anyone here have a gabby 2007 senior by the name of Kali?

She had a cell phone, lead foot, and Vote Kali most talkative Senior, or something like that on her rear window. I clocked her at 70 on N235 near the Bean Building, and she completely lost me on St. John's and I was slightly above the limit.:whistle:

Sawry... :blush:

Vince

vraiblonde said:
Crotch Rocket? :shrug:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Vince said:
Yeah, love that one. Some kid pulled out in front of me and I'm on two wheels. She's got 4. I have to go around her on the right because there's not enough room to stop and she gives me the dirty look. Took one hand off the handle bar and gave her the salute. To top it all, she's on the dayum cell phone not even paying attention to her driving. Must have learned the technique from her parents.

They (cell phones) really shouldn't be allowed in a car, ESPICALLY not without a headpiece. I have never talked on the cell phone in the car and if the phone rings repeatedly and it's an emergency, I'll pull over and call them back.

Some people are just downright ignorant though. More concerned about their stupid pointless cnversation than the their safety and the safety of others.

AndyMarquisLIVE

aps45819 said:
While we are all legally obligated to do the speed limit, but it's not our job to ensure other people do.
Tell me it doesn't pizz you off when somebody decides to pace a car in the right lane.

If you want to pass me, go ahead. There were plenty of other lanes and I don't give two craps if you get pulled over. Don't try to "bump draft" me or force me to go faster than what is safe to do. The speed limits are there for a reason.

mdgirlie

vraiblonde said:
I LOVE this!

Why just young people? I say we post every unsafe driver so that we all can take caution around them. One thing that really ticks me off is when people drive "the" speed limit in the passing lane. The passing lane is just that...to pass with, not to cruise to your own soundtrack on. :bigwhoop:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
If you want to pass me, go ahead. There were plenty of other lanes and I don't give two craps if you get pulled over. Don't try to "bump draft" me or force me to go faster than what is safe to do. The speed limits are there for a reason.

So what you are saying is that you don't believe in leaving the left lane open for passing traffic by staying in the right lane?