Tonight on my ride home I met the greatest driver in SOMD.

AndyMarquisLIVE

mdgirlie said:
Why just young people? I say we post every unsafe driver so that we all can take caution around them. One thing that really ticks me off is when people drive "the" speed limit in the passing lane. The passing lane is just that...to pass with, not to cruise to your own soundtrack on. :bigwhoop:

Drivers all have an obligation to do the speed limit. If you have to exceed the speed limit to pass me, than you are driving too fast, plain and simple. There are no ifs and buts to it.

AndyMarquisLIVE

RoseRed said:
So what you are saying is that you don't believe in leaving the left lane open for passing traffic by staying in the right lane?

I had to be in the left lane to make my turn. it would be dangerous for me to pull into the left lane at the last minute because a bunch of jackasses wanted to do 30 above the speed limit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mdgirlie said:
Why just young people?
Because parents have a right to know if their kid is driving like a maniac so they can take corrective action. Some 40 year old, what's his Mom going to do about it?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
If you want to pass me, go ahead. There were plenty of other lanes and I don't give two craps if you get pulled over. Don't try to "bump draft" me or force me to go faster than what is safe to do. The speed limits are there for a reason.
I will, however I won't be up your butt before I do :lol:
I frequently cruise up and down St. Andrews and always wonder why folks feel the need to maintain a 1/2 car length from the car in front of them. They're constantly hitting their brakes and it's got to be difficult to hold that distance.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
I had to be in the left lane to make my turn. it would be dangerous for me to pull into the left lane at the last minute because a bunch of jackasses wanted to do 30 above the speed limit.
How many miles ahead of your turn were you?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Drivers all have an obligation to do the speed limit. If you have to exceed the speed limit to pass me, than you are driving too fast, plain and simple. There are no ifs and buts to it.

I consider the speed limit like a recipe.

It's only a guideline to follow.

It's nobody elses business if I want to do 10 over the limit, unless they have the authority to fine me for it.

AndyMarquisLIVE

vraiblonde said:
Because parents have a right to know if their kid is driving like a maniac so they can take corrective action. Some 40 year old, what's his Mom going to do about it?

You're right though. I know my older sister just drove like she had no sense and I wish my mom would've done something about it but "She HAD to drive to school" and this and that, which she didn't have to we were only a mile and a half away.

Anyways, here's an example of my sister's "talent":
She was doing 110 mph on Middletown Rd. 85 on a busy 228. Got pulled over for doing 85 on Billingsley. Has wrecked her car three times, one on a "drunk driver" who could never be located "forcing her" into a guardrail.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
My Personal Favorite...

The GREATEST drivers, I think, can be found in parking lots...

Want to REALLY see skills in action? Or find out the limit of your patience?

I know a lot of folks will "cut across" empty rows of parking spaces.. No biggie. I know folks will go against the flow of arrows that are in some designated lots to get to a "prize" spot...

Now, add to this a bebes momma, minivan full of kids, on a Friday night, hauling ass across a parking lot... This was my fun-filled event as she nearly front end collided with me as she goes the wrong way to get to some desired spot...

And she had the nerve to shout at ME through her closed window (glad her kids could learn the valuable lesson, though :yay:)

some people's kids... :rolleyes:

M

Mousebaby

My husband and I insist that they must have installed a cloaking device on my car! I want to know HOW anyone can miss a two ton red car coming at them! People pull out in front of me on a daily basis! I had one old man force me completely into another lane on GM rd up near the gate one day because he decided he didn't want to turn left in one spot, so he came out in the driving lane again and made a lft. turn two feet from where he was! I laid on the horn and old man gives ME the dirty look! :banghead:

AndyMarquisLIVE

PrchJrkr said:

It's nobody elses business if I want to do 10 over the limit, unless they have the authority to fine me for it.

That's not how the law sees it. The speed limit is there because it is your obligation to do such. It is considered unsafe to go above the speed limit. It is also unsafe to be tailgating right on the backassend of my car because I'm not going fast enough for you. If I'm driving under the speed limit, that's one thing.

If I was going above the speed limit and got into a wreck, it's automatically my fault - Plain and simple.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
PrchJrkr said:
While it IS the legal limit, it's based on what's safe for the typical untrained, oblivious idiot driver.
Try driving in Europe. Folks will get out of your way if you're running faster than they are because it's none of their business how fast you drive. On some roads, if you're in the left lane and somebody slams into the back of your car, it's your fault for not getting out of the way.
I have never lived anywhere that has as many folks parking in the left lane than here

AndyMarquisLIVE

aps45819 said:
While it IS the legal limit, it's based on what's safe for the typical untrained, oblivious idiot driver.
Try driving in Europe. Folks will get out of your way if you're running faster than they are because it's none of their business how fast you drive. On some roads, if you're in the left lane and somebody slams into the back of your car, it's your fault for not getting out of the way.
I have never lived anywhere that has as many folks parking in the left lane than here

The posted legal speed limit is the MAXIMUM. When in rainy conditions, you are legally expected to drive below the posted speed limit.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
If I was going above the speed limit and got into a wreck, it's automatically my fault - Plain and simple.
Not true. Fault in an accident is determined by who violiated the right of way unless your speed was way over the limit. Since anti-lock brakes became commonplace, it's become very difficult to determing braking/skid distances and why accident reconstruction teams are called in for fatal accidents.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
It is also unsafe to be tailgating right on the backassend of my car because I'm not going fast enough for you. If I'm driving under the speed limit, that's one thing.
The speed of the car in front of you doesn't matter. Tailgating at ANY speed is unsafe. I try and maintain at least a 2 second gap with the car in front, more if they're tailgating somebody in front of them :lol:

AndyMarquisLIVE

aps45819 said:
The speed of the car in front of you doesn't matter. Tailgating at ANY speed is unsafe. I try and maintain at least a 2 second gap with the car in front, more if they're tailgating somebody in front of them :lol:

But you do that around here and 8 cars want to fill that gap. :mad:

vraiblonde said:
Wrong. Andy has a right to do the speed limit. Anyone who wants to go faster is going to have to accommodate *him*, not the other way around.
:yeahthat: If I move over to the left lane for whatever reason... no one has the right to try to "push me" into breaking the law by driving up my backside... and no one has the right to assume I don't "belong" in the left lane.

aps45819 said:
Get off your high horse... that is because this area has so many accesses only available from the left lane.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is why...

Pete said:
I know this because I was was riding along on my bike, minding my own business, going about 40 and decelerating. I am kind of anal so I had about 25 feet or so between myself and the car in front of me.

That is when the greatest driver in SOMD came into the picture. How do you know he was the greatest driver in SOMD, you ask? Well let me tell you, from out of nowhere, 2 lanes to my right the greatest driver in SOMD accelerated past me then came all the way across in one motion and placed his piece of crap 1990 something black rusted Pontiac within a foot of my front wheel.

Not one lane, two full lanes, one fluid, non-signaled motion. Whoosh. Now figure the skill it took to calculate the closing distance between myself and the car in front of me since we were slowing to stop, and to be able to put his car in that shrinking gap from 2 lanes away is incredible.

I was in so much awe I could not help but to switch right one lane and pass him while saluting his skill piloting a passenger car. :yay:

...I don't ride anymore; a great drive can simply have more impact on my life than the joy of riding provides.

Jeez , Pete. Yer azz unpucker yet?

Otter

Nothing to see here
kwillia said:
:yeahthat: If I move over to the left lane for whatever reason... no one has the right to try to "push me" into breaking the law by driving up my backside... and no one has the right to assume I don't "belong" in the left lane.

Nothing says I have to hold a door open for a person or say thank you when I receive something..Its called courtesy, if you're not making a left and you have a line of cars behind you, move your azz to the right lane.