True Blood

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
No no no no no... Bill's sunlight burning IS an instantenous thing. Remember Godrick in season 2? Up like a match. The thing is that Bill DRAINED Sookie... Then we find out she has no blood type?! And Queen Sophie Ann had an interest in her... Something tells me that Sookie's blood, in large amounts, allows the vamps to burn very, very slowly. Hence the reason the Queen wanted her.

I think Franklin will come back... he didnt turn to mush.

I am SO GLAD Lorena is D-E-A-D. She was sooo messed up in the head... she wasnt happy no matter what. I honestly felt bad for her because of that and a lot of her peers seemed to mock her. But I disliked her at the same time.

Last edited:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Old Bay?

Ok so in last night's episode (8/1/2010) when Jason goes to Lafayette for meth (lol) and finds out that Sookie is in the hospital, there is a tin of Old Bay on the shelf in Merlotte's kitchen.

Ive been to LA. Not Bon Temps, but to New Orleans. I ordered dinner once and asked for Old Bay. People looked at me like I was crazy. I tried to explain what it was and what the tin looked like. EVERYONE local was like "We dont carry any of that... never heard of it. We got Seafood Seasoning, but not that other stuff." Apparently LA has no clue what Old Bay is.

So therefore... Im guessing True Blood is filmed in like VA or something. Maybe FL for the Spanish Moss and gator effects :wink:

Just a lil somethin if anyone watches a rerun

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
No no no no no... Bill's sunlight burning IS an instantenous thing. Remember Godrick in season 2? Up like a match.
In the books, Godric's age was the reason he burned so quickly. I lent mine to my SIL so I can't quote it exactly. Otherwise Bill would've been toast the second he stepped out of his house in Season 1. But I'm also beginning to realize that I shouldn't rely on the books to explain away the show's deviations from the plot. :lol: Now that I think about it, Claudine made a point of warning Sookie that Bill would try to steal her light so it must be her blood. Interesting, I suppose.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
So therefore... Im guessing True Blood is filmed in like VA or something. Maybe FL for the Spanish Moss and gator effects :wink:

Just a lil somethin if anyone watches a rerun

"True Blood" (2008) - Filming locations

Looks like Louisiana and California. There's a lot that isn't authentic - my husband is from Louisiana and his first comment was that their accents are way off. You can't win 'em all I guess. :lol: And Bon Temps is a fictional town. :yay:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
"True Blood" (2008) - Filming locations

Looks like Louisiana and California. There's a lot that isn't authentic - my husband is from Louisiana and his first comment was that their accents are way off. You can't win 'em all I guess. :lol: And Bon Temps is a fictional town. :yay:

OH! Hahahaha! Thats hilarious. The accents are definitely off. I think Lafayette's actor does the best, IMO.

I had no clue Bon Temps is fake. Oh well! :lmao:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
In the books, Godric's age was the reason he burned so quickly. I lent mine to my SIL so I can't quote it exactly. Otherwise Bill would've been toast the second he stepped out of his house in Season 1. But I'm also beginning to realize that I shouldn't rely on the books to explain away the show's deviations from the plot. :lol: Now that I think about it, Claudine made a point of warning Sookie that Bill would try to steal her light so it must be her blood. Interesting, I suppose.

Trying to compare the books to the series is going to drive you mad... Its like me trying to compare the Twilight saga to the movies (Im a dork, I know).

There are so many differences that you'll keep going "But in the book they did this..." But really, the series and movies are their own deal.

Interesting about Godrick's age affecting his burning up, tho

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
OH! Hahahaha! Thats hilarious. The accents are definitely off. I think Lafayette's actor does the best, IMO.

I had no clue Bon Temps is fake. Oh well! :lmao:
I love Lafayette! In the books he was a very minor character and he was actually the dead person in Andy Bellefleur's car at the end of the first book/season. I was so glad that they kept him alive! :lol:
Trying to compare the books to the series is going to drive you mad... Its like me trying to compare the Twilight saga to the movies (Im a dork, I know).

There are so many differences that you'll keep going "But in the book they did this..." But really, the series and movies are their own deal.

Interesting about Godrick's age affecting his burning up, tho
Up until yesterday's episode I was okay with it. I liked that they expanded on things that happened while Sookie was out of town, or things that were just glossed over in the books (or even just adding things, like Jessica or all the nonsense that Jason gets into). I love the books, but the series is really great too. I like not knowing everything that's going to happen. The whole thing with Mary Ann last season was so so good, and I love the addition of Jessica. I'm just annoyed with this season's storyline. It's still my favorite show, though. :lol:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I love Lafayette! In the books he was a very minor character and he was actually the dead person in Andy Bellefleur's car at the end of the first book/season. I was so glad that they kept him alive! :lol:

Lafayette is definitely one of my favorite characters. He cracks me up LOL

And I love Jason... he is such an IDIOT (honestly reminds me of my little brother lol), but he has a good, good heart.

I laughed SO hard at last episode... Paraphrasing:
Jason - ::runs up to Lafayette at Merlotte's::
Lafayette - The last time you you looked at me like that you were looking for V."
Jason - "Oh no Im done with that. I just need some meth."
Lafayette - :twitch::shocking:

:killingme

Up until yesterday's episode I was okay with it. I liked that they expanded on things that happened while Sookie was out of town, or things that were just glossed over in the books (or even just adding things, like Jessica or all the nonsense that Jason gets into). I love the books, but the series is really great too. I like not knowing everything that's going to happen. The whole thing with Mary Ann last season was so so good, and I love the addition of Jessica. I'm just annoyed with this season's storyline. It's still my favorite show, though. :lol:

I've never read the books... I was wondering why I couldnt find a book called "True Blood." It wasnt until I actually paid attention to the credits that I relized it says "Based off of the Sookie Stackhouse novels" lol. Mary Ann's who mess creeped me out! Ugg I did NOT like her. Was she in the books? And Jessica isnt in the books? Really? Hmmm... Interesting. Well I am DEFINITELY glad they kept Lafayette alive :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
Ok so in last night's episode (8/1/2010) when Jason goes to Lafayette for meth (lol) and finds out that Sookie is in the hospital, there is a tin of Old Bay on the shelf in Merlotte's kitchen.

Being from New Engalnd, and my wife being from here, we have a good natured crustacean rivalry, I of course think lobster is the second best hardshelled sea creature, second only to fresh, never frozen Alaskan King Crab, while she holds up that silly little blue thing as paramount. and since evidently, you cant eat those things without Old Bay, I mock it too:)

She pointed out that tin in the show with a "Look, see.." I said "Fine, its the spice of choice of gay drug dealers"

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Being from New Engalnd, and my wife being from here, we have a good natured crustacean rivalry, I of course think lobster is the second best hardshelled sea creature, second only to fresh, never frozen Alaskan King Crab, while she holds up that silly little blue thing as paramount. and since evidently, you cant eat those things without Old Bay, I mock it too:)

She pointed out that tin in the show with a "Look, see.." I said "Fine, its the spice of choice of gay drug dealers"

Hold up. You can most definitely eat blue crab without any seasoning, Old Bay included. The addition of Old Bay, however, makes them extra delicious :wink:

And you betta watch yoself. Lafayette dont take too kindly to people makin fun of his sexual orientation and/or cooking skillz. He beat some hillbilly a$$ over an Aidsburger :lmao:
YouTube - True Blood- AIDS Burger

Couldnt get the video to embed properly...

glhs837

Power with Control
I will eat the occasional crab cake, I have not eaten them straight. I must say, a bit too far over the work to food ratio for my taste. Like say chipmunks, the effort put into getting the critter ready is more than the food you get back:) Its not size alone though, steamed clams, however, are okay, becuase the work to food ratio is okay. Pry once, you get a full bite. Crabs, takes a lot of effort to get a bites worth of meat:)

And I didnt make fun of him, just described his orientation and occupation. :drummer:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I will eat the occasional crab cake, I have not eaten them straight. I must say, a bit too far over the work to food ratio for my taste. Like say chipmunks, the effort put into getting the critter ready is more than the food you get back:) Its not size alone though, steamed clams, however, are okay, becuase the work to food ratio is okay. Pry once, you get a full bite. Crabs, takes a lot of effort to get a bites worth of meat:)

And I didnt make fun of him, just described his orientation and occupation. :drummer:

To each their own! I guess its a SoMD thing to get a bunch of people together to pick crabs, drink beer and have a good time. Half the fun is just pickin!

And I know you werent makin fun. I really just wanted to post the video link lol. That scene made me laugh hysterically.

butterfly08

No no no no no... Bill's sunlight burning IS an instantenous thing. Remember Godrick in season 2? Up like a match. The thing is that Bill DRAINED Sookie... Then we find out she has no blood type?! And Queen Sophie Ann had an interest in her... Something tells me that Sookie's blood, in large amounts, allows the vamps to burn very, very slowly. Hence the reason the Queen wanted her.

I think Franklin will come back... he didnt turn to mush.

I am SO GLAD Lorena is D-E-A-D. She was sooo messed up in the head... she wasnt happy no matter what. I honestly felt bad for her because of that and a lot of her peers seemed to mock her. But I disliked her at the same time.

In the show, the only reason Godrick burned instantaneously was because he was so old. Pretty sure he was the one who actually mentioned it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've never read the books... I was wondering why I couldnt find a book called "True Blood." It wasnt until I actually paid attention to the credits that I relized it says "Based off of the Sookie Stackhouse novels" lol. Mary Ann's who mess creeped me out! Ugg I did NOT like her. Was she in the books? And Jessica isnt in the books? Really? Hmmm... Interesting. Well I am DEFINITELY glad they kept Lafayette alive :yay:
Mary Ann was in the second book briefly (no name, just that she was a Maenad), but not nearly as much as in the TV show. Also, when Bill killed that vampire in the first season/book, he wasn't punished (presumably because the vampire had betrayed Eric, so it was justified) so he was never forced to create Jessica. I like her, though. :lol:

butterfly08

Mary Ann was in the second book briefly (no name, just that she was a Maenad), but not nearly as much as in the TV show. Also, when Bill killed that vampire in the first season/book, he wasn't punished (presumably because the vampire had betrayed Eric, so it was justified) so he was never forced to create Jessica. I like her, though. :lol:

Yea, the books definately have a lot of differences compared to the show, but they're both really good :1bdz:

LC_Sulla

I have not read the books, but watch the show. I like it for the most part. I like the direction they are going, and the mystery surrounding Sookie (i.e. what is she).

Also, Jason is a riot. He had a quote on Sunday. Something like, "I always thought I was too stupid to get depressed." LOL!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I missed last night's episode and want to watch it online. Does anyone have a link? I'm Googling, but not having any luck.