Trump appears to have committedTax Fraud

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Maybe Trump applied that "gift" to his lifetime exclusion. From the IRS - Or maybe the sale was through his corporation - And one more thing, as no one other than the IRS has seen the tax filings of Trump, is it known, versus suggested, that he didn't pay the tax?

And THAT ^, ladies and gentlemen - and Sappy - is why the "story" will die the natural death that it deserves. A common feature in left-wing hit pieces is that left-wingers tend to understand less than squat about business operations, complex tax law, etc because they've never had to deal with it directly.

This_person

Poor Sappy assumes everything Trump does he is personally responsible for - his businesses never do anything

Well, "the buck stops here" and all that.

However, it appears it is possible that maybe there's a chance that Trump kinda mighta shoulda (but maybe not) done this differently.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's why reading articles prior to commenting is so important. If you gift it for less than the true value you must still pay taxes on the true value.

I did read the article, tard.

Who determines "true value"? In a normal world, the seller determines that and can sell their property for whatever price they choose. You bots are salivating so hard over the thought that Trump will be impeached that you'll buy any asinine excuse.

I predict this latest accusation will go precisely nowhere, along with the rest of them. It's not illegal to sell your property at a lower price. Not-Donald-Trumps do it every day, and if they go down this road (which they won't) a lot of Democrat officials will be in the headlights as well.

And let's think about a "gift tax", while we're on the subject. You own something of value; you give it to someone else; and you're supposed to pay a freaking tax on it??? *You* pay a tax on something you give to someone else? What kind of ####ed up crap is that? If the recipient paid, that would be one thing, but how did we allow a law that requires us to pay to give something away?

PsyOps

Pixelated
A gift tax is a separate tax which requires a additional form. The taxes on the value of that real estate would be much more than $13,000 ( $350,000) hence the likehood that he didn't report it as a gift.

Can always count on you for an education. How does this prove that Trump didn't pay this tax? You're not really interested in FACTS/EVIDENCE are you? As long as there is speculation, you'll run with it.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The story is gone from all my news feeds......the shortest Trump non- scandal on record.

Can't wait until they find a new one later today.

SamSpade

If the recipient paid, that would be one thing, but how did we allow a law that requires us to pay to give something away?

Apparently the original intent of the law was to keep people from avoiding paying taxes should someone bequeath a large estate to them BEFORE they died.
I guess it must have been a long time ago because as I understand it, the recipient would pay taxes anyway, right?
I don't know what the laws were like a hundred years ago or so, but I am supposing this somehow made it harder to just give your money to your heirs ahead of time.

Sapidus

So, he sold property, paid tax on what was paid for the property, and someone comes along and suggests that maybe possible it could be that he may have gifted some of it (the part that wasn't sold?) because it could possibly have been worth more than what was paid, and that could mean that maybe he owed more taxes. This was discovered during a check of whether or not people in his campaign colluded with the Russians and committed a crime, though not a single person yet anywhere at any time has suggested what that crime would be.

Whew, that's some solid #### right there.

You clearly didn't understand the article

Wishbone

Apparently the original intent of the law was to keep people from avoiding paying taxes should someone bequeath a large estate to them BEFORE they died.
I guess it must have been a long time ago because as I understand it, the recipient would pay taxes anyway, right?
I don't know what the laws were like a hundred years ago or so, but I am supposing this somehow made it harder to just give your money to your heirs ahead of time.

Like anything else... Its just another way for the government to take more.

Taxing the deceased on material that was already taxed in life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And THAT ^, ladies and gentlemen - and Sappy - is why the "story" will die the natural death that it deserves. A common feature in left-wing hit pieces is that left-wingers tend to understand less than squat about business operations, complex tax law, etc because they've never had to deal with it directly.

Right, but the media brainwashers who feed them this garbage certainly know these things. I can only guess that they're giving the ignorant what they want in order to keep butts in the seats. At some point you'd think that even the dumbest bot would stop and go, "....wait a minute...."

This_person

Who determines "true value"? In a normal world, the seller determines that and can sell their property for whatever price they choose.

I always wonder about that. I see Antiques Roadshow or American Pickers and they say, "this rusted hulk of crap may look like a rusted hulk of crap you'd have to pay someone to haul away, but I'm going to do nothing to it and mark it at $12 bazillion dollars." Really?

I think the value is determined combined by the buyer and seller. Someone has to PAY 12 bazillion dollars, not just be charged it.

And let's think about a "gift tax", while we're on the subject. You own something of value; you give it to someone else; and you're supposed to pay a freaking tax on it??? *You* pay a tax on something you give to someone else? What kind of ####ed up crap is that? If the recipient paid, that would be one thing, but how did we allow a law that requires us to pay to give something away?

You're just too stupid and selfish to know how to live your life and figure these things out for yourself.
Because, after all:
I would say many people need the government to tell them many things as they are too stupid or selfish to think of anyone other then themselves

This_person

Avoid inheritance tax by having a gift tax. :yay:

Taxes and death, and I'm not so sure about death anymore :)whitewalkers:)

black dog

Free America
I keep learning more and more about you. Now I know you don't even have a job since you can't be more than 14 with that comment.

Potty humor is the preferred style of humor in my shop. It usually involves someone's mom,sister, cousins or farm animals...

Midnightrider

I do have to admit though - I do now kind of get why people were pissed at Ken Starr in the 90's, when he began investigating Whitewater and ended up with a blue dress.
Even though at the time, it kind of pissed me off that the Clintons sure seemed to be steeped in scandal left and right and were getting away with it, that pretty much anything was good to see.
I mean, the Rose Law firm records just "appearing" on a coffee table long after they'd been lost or unable to be found seems to be along with "you mean, with a cloth?" kind of stunt or "we were just talking about our grandkids " kind of innocent story.

I think ultimately I am going to be pissed if people end up being jailed or prosecuted because of their testimony without an actual crime having to do with anything.
I don't get how that happens.

Which is why I don't understand all the bitching about the mueller investigation. I know that most of you somders were in favor of Star investigating the hell out of clinton, and if slick willie hadn't lied Star would have had nothing. All trump and his people have to do is not purger themselves and they should be fine, as long as they didn't commit any other crimes. If they did commit crimes we the people should know about it.

I did read the article, tard.

Who determines "true value"? In a normal world, the seller determines that and can sell their property for whatever price they choose. You bots are salivating so hard over the thought that Trump will be impeached that you'll buy any asinine excuse.?
:derp:

I don't if any of the tax evasion claims are valid, but one thing I certain, the state determines the value of real property for tax purposes. You can sell it for whatever you want, but the tax value is determined by the tax assessor.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It seems we now know why Trump didn't want to publish his tax returns.

He sold two Condos to his son at a discounted rate without paying the gift tax.

This is probably keeping Mueller very busy

From Mediate instead of Wapos's pay wall.

"Based on New York City property records, Trump paid $13,000 in taxes related to the two sales, which indicates that he didn’t treat the transactions as a gift and likely didn’t pay those taxes. And, as the attorneys further explained, this could lead to fines or even possible jail time.

Willful failure to file a tax return, including a gift tax return, is a misdemeanor, punishable by a $25,000 fine, imprisonment of up to one year or both. Fraudulent failure to file — meaning an overt act of evasion — may elevate willful failure to a felony. That carries a fine of up to $100,000, imprisonment of up to five years or both, along with the costs of prosecution."

https://www.mediaite.com/online/did-trump-commit-tax-fraud-these-two-lawyers-think-so/

OMG, the LIVES he's put at risk.. the COLLUSION with the enemy!!

ISIS will THRIVE on this, and many lives will be lost because there MAY have ben an error made on his selling a condo to his SON!!

JFC.. You democrats are trying your hardest to ensure the Republicans keep the House the Senate and the White House..

And who could blame you, NOBODY wants to see Maxine as Speaker.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Which is why I don't understand all the bitching about the mueller investigation.

The circumstance in which it was put into place - a political vendetta by a disgruntled FBI Director. Comey and Lynch had months to assign a special counsel. Comey admitted that he leaked his memos to spur on a SC. Not because he really felt it was needed - because if he did, it would have been done long before he left - but because he was pissed about how he was raked through the mud by Trump.

This is where we are... our government isn't doing things with an honest desire to get to the truth, they are doing thing out of spite and self-preservation.

Last edited:

SamSpade

All trump and his people have to do is not purger themselves and they should be fine, as long as they didn't commit any other crimes. If they did commit crimes we the people should know about it.

This is still the thing that kind of pisses me off. There's no fire - there isn't even smoke. There isn't even suspicion of smoke. There's nothing.

I mean, try to imagine - let's say - someone was trying to accuse you of being a pedophile. No evidence mind you. No "smoke".
Just a lot of people saying that's who you are. After months of saying dammit, there's NOTHING to go on, they start calling in people.
They start checking everything you and your associates have EVER done, including just about anything imaginable and having nothing to do with the original idea.
Somewhere along the line - someone's story doesn't quite jibe with the others. PERJURY.
Because sooner or later, someone's story ISN'T going to be 100% copacetic.
You or they go to jail.
The original investigation - there was never a crime.

And that sucks. It sucks that you can go on a search FOR a crime, and end up nailing someone because they failed the *process*.
Without there ever actually BEING a crime.

The news - well, the conservative news - is all atwitter with the name Scooter Libby.
The ORIGINAL intent was to find out who outed Valerie Plame - which turned out to be Richard Armitage and they knew that before they began -
but they got some poor scapegoat on a technicality. I even heard conservative radio ridicule him (i.e. Jerry Doyle).
But dammit, I'm tired of endless scrutiny JUST TO SEE if someone messes up.
Investigate crimes - stuff where there's evidence.
I'm tired of the truth of the phrase "in this town, you can indict a ham sandwich".