Trump appears to have committedTax Fraud

Midnightrider

The circumstance in which it was put into place - a political vendetta by a disgruntled FBI Director. Comey and Lynch had months to assign a special counsel. Comey admitted that he leaked his memos to spur on a SC. Not because he really felt it was needed - because if he did, it would have been done long before he left - but because he was pissed about how he was raked through the mud by Trump.

This is where we are... our government isn't doing things with an honest desire to get to the truth, they are doing thing out of spite and self-preservation.

Trump put this investigation into place, Not Comey. Trump.
Trump could have directed his people to ignore the chatter. Instead he had them appoint mueller. who, if you remember, everyone loved at the time.

Clem72

I did read the article, tard.

Who determines "true value"? In a normal world, the seller determines that and can sell their property for whatever price they choose.

You would think. And yet when I bought my home on the open market, and with a matching appraisal of value from a licensed appraisal company in hand, when I tried to use that value to protest the counties $100k higher "assessment" for taxes on that property, I was told to piss up a rope.

Midnightrider

This is still the thing that kind of pisses me off. There's no fire - there isn't even smoke. There isn't even suspicion of smoke. There's nothing.

I mean, try to imagine - let's say - someone was trying to accuse you of being a pedophile. No evidence mind you. No "smoke".
Just a lot of people saying that's who you are. After months of saying dammit, there's NOTHING to go on, they start calling in people.
They start checking everything you and your associates have EVER done, including just about anything imaginable and having nothing to do with the original idea.
Somewhere along the line - someone's story doesn't quite jibe with the others. PERJURY.
Because sooner or later, someone's story ISN'T going to be 100% copacetic.
You or they go to jail.
The original investigation - there was never a crime.

And that sucks. It sucks that you can go on a search FOR a crime, and end up nailing someone because they failed the *process*.
Without there ever actually BEING a crime.

The news - well, the conservative news - is all atwitter with the name Scooter Libby.
The ORIGINAL intent was to find out who outed Valerie Plame - which turned out to be Richard Armitage and they knew that before they began -
but they got some poor scapegoat on a technicality. I even heard conservative radio ridicule him (i.e. Jerry Doyle).
But dammit, I'm tired of endless scrutiny JUST TO SEE if someone messes up.
Investigate crimes - stuff where there's evidence.
I'm tired of the truth of the phrase "in this town, you can indict a ham sandwich".
So you are going to completely ignore the various members of the campaign and admin lying about there several meetings with Russians? That's the smoke.

And purgery is not when stories don't jibe. It is when a person tells an intentional and probable lie under oath. So don't lie and you are fine. Just like bill would have been.

This_person

This is still the thing that kind of pisses me off. There's no fire - there isn't even smoke. There isn't even suspicion of smoke. There's nothing.

I mean, try to imagine - let's say - someone was trying to accuse you of being a pedophile.

I liked everything you said except "pedophile". People understand that being (i.e., ACTING on being) a pedophile is a crime, with a victim.

It's more like, "let's say, someone was trying to accuse you of being a bad person." No one, not a single person, has accused Trump or his campaign or his administration of a crime. Not a single crime. They're being accused of talking with a foreign country. That's it.

Restitution

The next prog scandal...

In my best Rachel Maddow man-voice:

"Did President Donald Trump scratch his balls with his left hand instead of his right? We have the proof..... tonight!"

This_person

So you are going to completely ignore the various members of the campaign and admin lying about there several meetings with Russians? That's the smoke.

Except, that's not smoke. For their to be smoke, there is generally a fire. There is no fire with them talking with Russians.

DJT Jr. said:
“Did I meet with people that were Russian? I’m sure, I’m sure I did,” he said.

Maybe you know of a crime that was committed - or is likely to have been committed?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Trump put this investigation into place, Not Comey. Trump.
Trump could have directed his people to ignore the chatter. Instead he had them appoint mueller. who, if you remember, everyone loved at the time.

Your spin is getting worse by the day. Rosenstein assigned Mueller; and this was NOT at the behest of Trump. Trump disparaged the move. Initially, Trump wasn't even the target of any investigation. Now, predictably, the whole thing has morphed to unrelated investigations to the original 'collusion' nonsense.

So, Trump did NOT put the SC into place. Trying to stop it, or firing Mueller at this point, would be political suicide. Trump wants this to play out, because he knows there is nothing there.

But you're predictably ignoring that Comey admitted that he leaked the memos with the intent of starting a Special Counsel.

[video=youtube;auxOMR1LrKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auxOMR1LrKM[/video]

SamSpade

THAT is smoke? How is it even his detractors don't use that tack?
And purgery is not when stories don't jibe. It is when a person tells an intentional and probable lie under oath. So don't lie and you are fine. Just like bill would have been.

Well, I've had to testify in court. I'm fairly certain I could be tripped up and say something incorrect.
Because while PERJURY may be an intentional lie under oath, I've certainly seen my share of charges of perjury based on nuanced interpretations of the question and answer.
You can easily say something inaccurate and be accused of perjury.
And the press has no concept of the word "lie" - to my understanding, it's only a lie if you intended to deceive - it is not a lie if you repeat something you thought was true.
It's not for nothing that too many lawyers I know tell me they can put me in jail if they want - without having done anything anyone calls a crime.

Let me ask you, then - have YOU met with Russians this past year? Did you realize that guy who ran the business meeting you went to last fall was Russian?
I worked for a woman here at my job for YEARS - only learned she was born in Russia last year (she's an American citizen).
Do you count that meeting run by Americans, discussing American issues - and Russians attended?
How about that time you greeted the Russian ambassador - in public - with other people at a dinner?

What is RELEVANT is if you met with Russians in an attempt to influence the outcome of an election.
Not that you talked with a real estate agent who just happened to be Russian.

Midnightrider

Your spin is getting worse by the day. Rosenstein assigned Mueller; and this was NOT at the behest of Trump. Trump disparaged the move. Initially, Trump wasn't even the target of any investigation. Now, predictably, the whole thing has morphed to unrelated investigations to the original 'collusion' nonsense.

So, Trump did NOT put the SC into place. Trying to stop it, or firing Mueller at this point, would be political suicide. Trump wants this to play out, because he knows there is nothing there.

But you're predictably ignoring that Comey admitted that he leaked the memos with the intent of starting a Special Counsel.

[video=youtube;auxOMR1LrKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auxOMR1LrKM[/video]

First, I'm not ignoring that Comey admitted leaking the memos with that intent. If he did something illegal let's prosecute him. He testified to it under oath and apparently without immunity.

As for who put up the SC. You are naive if you think trump allowed a guy acting in the place of a department head who stepped aside to have the autonomy to make that choice on his own. Muellers appointment was no different than the numerous resignations we have seen under trump. You don't have to be a genius to know the Admin had its hand in the decision. Trump was described as 'uncharacteristicly noncombative' when he was 'told' of the appointment.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I liked everything you said except "pedophile". People understand that being (i.e., ACTING on being) a pedophile is a crime, with a victim.

Well, no. You can be *accused* of pedophilia with absolutely no evidence - not even a shred. And it will be reported just as if you did it, and you will be ruined all the same even after you are found not guilty or the case is thrown out. Also, there is such a thing as "perceived" pedophilia, where someone is nutso and thinks they have been abused when they haven't. There are some who call an adult man who has sex with a 16 year old a "pedophile", and that is just simply not the case. We liked to play with words in this country until they lose their meaning, then we can make them mean whatever we want them to mean. "Rape", for example.

That is what Sam said - "someone accuses you of being a pedophile."

This_person

Well, no. You can be *accused* of pedophilia with absolutely no evidence - not even a shred.

But, that's my exact point - someone can be accused of a crime, and it will resonate as a crime.

Trump and/or his campaign have not been accused of a crime. They've been accused of talking with a foreign government, which is not a crime. If someone said, "Trump's campaign is accused of rigging electoral college votes", or, "Trump's campaign is accused of spreading false or misleading information about the Clinton campaign and using Russian money and influence to do so", or, "Trump hired Russia to give false information to Wikileaks about Podesta/Shultz/Clinton e-mails in an effort to smear Mrs. Clinton", or, "The Trump campaign hired Russian hackers to infiltrate the voting machines and change Clinton votes to Trump votes", or SOMETHING illegal, it would be like accusing someone of being a pedophile.

Trump and/or his campaign have been vilified for...for what? What is the crime?

PsyOps

Pixelated
First, I'm not ignoring that Comey admitted leaking the memos with that intent. If he did something illegal let's prosecute him. He testified to it under oath and apparently without immunity.

As for who put up the SC. You are naive if you think trump allowed a guy acting in the place of a department head who stepped aside to have the autonomy to make that choice on his own. Muellers appointment was no different than the numerous resignations we have seen under trump. You don't have to be a genius to know the Admin had its hand in the decision. Trump was described as 'uncharacteristicly noncombative' when he was 'told' of the appointment.....

Leaking that officially written memo was a crime. That was NOT his property to just do with what he wanted. It was an official FBI document that required approval for release. So, Comey's intent to get a SC assigned was rooted in illegality.

As for Trump having his hand in the decision to appoint a SC, you're the naive one... he was against it, as he is the whole investigation. His own words:

"I respect the move, but the entire thing has been a witch hunt". He denounced it saying "I think it divides the country". He was never for this. But he also wasn't going to stop it. I would imagine on advice from his own legal team. Trumps wants this to play out. An innocent man would want that to clear his name.

Midnightrider

Leaking that officially written memo was a crime. That was NOT his property to just do with what he wanted. It was an official FBI document that required approval for release. So, Comey's intent to get a SC assigned was rooted in illegality.

As for Trump having his hand in the decision to appoint a SC, you're the naive one... he was against it, as he is the whole investigation. His own words:

"I respect the move, but the entire thing has been a witch hunt". He denounced it saying "I think it divides the country". He was never for this. But he also wasn't going to stop it. I would imagine on advice from his own legal team. Trumps wants this to play out. An innocent man would want that to clear his name.

Also in his own words, immediately after Mueller was appointed and BEFORE trump soured on him.

As I have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know — there was no collusion between my campaign and any foreign entity. I look forward to this matter concluding quickly. In the meantime, I will never stop fighting for the people and the issues that matter most to the future of our country.”

Like I said, then trump should have Comey prosecuted. That doesn't change anything that they may have found in the investigation. Jr, Kush, and if you believe trump wrote the first 'press release' for DJ, The President all lied about the trump tower meeting.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Also in his own words, immediately after Mueller was appointed and BEFORE trump soured on him.

Like I said, then trump should have Comey prosecuted. That doesn't change anything that they may have found in the investigation. Jr, Kush, and if you believe trump wrote the first 'press release' for DJ, The President all lied about the trump tower meeting.

How many years do you think they'll spend in jail for that?

hotbikermama40

"As I have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know — there was no collusion between my campaign and any foreign entity. I look forward to this matter concluding quickly. In the meantime, I will never stop fighting for the people and the issues that matter most to the future of our country.”

This quote from President Trump you are citing supports in every way imaginable what PsyOps said in his post...you realize that, don't you? :eyebrow:

You don't even know basics as to how the DOJ works and you want to come at anyone here with your self-righteousness and condescending snark about what the POTUS should or shouldn't do?

Midnightrider

This quote from President Trump you are citing supports in every way imaginable what PsyOps said in his post...you realize that, don't you? :eyebrow:

You don't even know basics as to how the DOJ works and you want to come at anyone here with your self-righteousness and condescending snark about what the POTUS should or shouldn't do?
you don't think Trump should have Comey prosecuted?
In fact, what the #### is taking trump so long to prosecute Comey for leaking FBI info?

Hijinx

But, that's my exact point - someone can be accused of a crime, and it will resonate as a crime.

Trump and/or his campaign have not been accused of a crime. They've been accused of talking with a foreign government, which is not a crime. If someone said, "Trump's campaign is accused of rigging electoral college votes", or, "Trump's campaign is accused of spreading false or misleading information about the Clinton campaign and using Russian money and influence to do so", or, "Trump hired Russia to give false information to Wikileaks about Podesta/Shultz/Clinton e-mails in an effort to smear Mrs. Clinton", or, "The Trump campaign hired Russian hackers to infiltrate the voting machines and change Clinton votes to Trump votes", or SOMETHING illegal, it would be like accusing someone of being a pedophile.

Trump and/or his campaign have been vilified for...for what? What is the crime?

The crime is kicking Hillary's fat ass.