Trump at Boy Scouts Rally: 'We could use some more loyalty'

Toxick

Splat
You really are brainwashed you know that?

1t254x.jpg

steppinthrax

Hello Obamacare - NO Republican Voted for it .....

Fast and Furious - allowed running guns to Mexico to point out there was a problem with guns going to Mexico

Did you know the much of Obamacare was modeled after a similar conservative idea from the Brookings Institute (conservative think tank)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And you are missing the point of the Presidency. He should see solutions that are the best for both sides and/or spreads even to both. I don't think Obama excluded a group as strong as Trump has.

In terms of the election, if this keeps up, you will see someone else come 2020.

Repealing Obamacare is the best for the country.. both democrats AND Republicans..

Returning the US to it's place as a World Leader and not a laughing stock is good for EVERYONE..

Stock Market.. how does a great stock market impact democrats?

Low Unemployment.. oh wait, Trump passed a law only Republicans can benefit from the low unemployment numbers didn't he?

Deporting Criminals and Gang Members.. who mostly live in Liberal majority inner cities.. yep I'm starting to see your point..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And you are missing the point of the Presidency. He should see solutions that are the best for both sides and/or spreads even to both. I don't think Obama excluded a group as strong as Trump has.

In terms of the election, if this keeps up, you will see someone else come 2020.

Repealing Obamacare is the best for the country.. both democrats AND Republicans..

Returning the US to it's place as a World Leader and not a laughing stock is good for EVERYONE..

Stock Market.. how does a great stock market impact democrats?

Low Unemployment.. oh wait, Trump passed a law only Republicans can benefit from the low unemployment numbers didn't he?

Deporting Criminals and Gang Members.. who mostly live in Liberal majority inner cities.. yep I'm starting to see your point..

SamSpade

Did you know the much of Obamacare was modeled after a similar conservative idea from the Brookings Institute (conservative think tank)

Did you just show up today? Yes, we all know this.

Still changes nothing - it's swirling down the drain.
For all the bluster of how killing Obamacare would harm so many people, IT is harming people NOW.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Did you just show up today? Yes, we all know this.

Still changes nothing - it's swirling down the drain.
For all the bluster of how killing Obamacare would harm so many people, IT is harming people NOW.

But nobody cares about the people it's harming now.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

So how would you like to approach an explanation of the utter and total failure of Obamacare? I can't wait to hear.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

really doesn't matter .... No Republican voted for it

it was rammed through by democrats

awpitt

Main Streeter
Trump made a deal about how he's going to unite people. So where is that "unite". I get it, some dems are losing their ####. I didn't vote for him, but I'm not a crazy pink pussy hat wearing lib. I've been trying to "give the guy a chance", but to be frank the whole administration looks like a clusterphuck....

Yes it does. The McDonalds on Great Mills Road has better management then the current White House.

awpitt

Main Streeter
As a former Boy Scout, I feel that Trump's speech, at the Jamboree was totally out of place. It sounded like a keynote speech meant for the Republican National convention not to mention that it was filled with fake "facts". I especially liked the part when he thanked all of those teens for voting for him. With the exception of the few 18 year olds, THEY DIDN'T VOTE! And his praise for William Levitt? He was a pioneer in suburban home developments but he was also a racist who refused to sell homes to blacks and Jews. Even post WW II Vets who fell into those categories were shut out. Of course, Trump left that little detail out of his speech.

The American presidency is a peculiar institution. Its occupant is supposed to be simultaneously head of government and head of state, performing the functions that in most other countries are separated between a prime minister and a monarch or ceremonial president. As head of government, the president can, and sometimes must, be nakedly partisan. But as head of state he is supposed to rise above the muck of politics, serving as a symbol of unity to bring Americans of all political persuasions together.

That is something Ronald Reagan did after the Challenger disaster, Bill Clinton did after the Oklahoma City bombing, George W. Bush did after 9/11, and Barack Obama did after the Charleston church shooting. Perhaps Donald Trump will rise to the occasion after, God forbid, some future tragedy. But so far it’s safe to say that while he doesn’t know how to be an effective president in general, he is especially bad at the ceremonial, non-partisan part of the job. He is always in campaign mode — even when it is highly inappropriate.

Exhibit A was his speech on Monday to the Boy Scouts of America. Instead of using the National Scout Jamboree to offer the assembled adolescents some inspirational rhetoric about the passage to manhood, he instead went after his favorite targets — Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, the “fake media” — while extolling the size of his crowds and his impressive achievements in winning the election.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-scout-speech-just-max-boot-column/508014001/

On Monday night, President Donald Trump jetted to West Virginia to address the annual Boy Scout Jamboree. And oh what a speech it was!
Trump ranged from the current health care bill to stories of a bygone time in New York history to his Electoral College victory in 2016. It was a Trumpian tour de force -- one sure to cheer his supporters but leave the rest of the country wondering what, exactly, he is doing and thinking.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/donald-trump-boy-scouts-speech/index.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As a former Boy Scout, I feel that Trump's speech, at the Jamboree was totally out of place.

Of course you do. Yet when teachers and politicians and ministers use their bully pulpit to indoctrinate kids as part of the progbot army, that's okay, right? I don't see you speaking out against schools pushing the leftwing agenda onto students all across America every single day, and that is WAY more inappropriate than Trump's one speech.

Why is it okay when you guys do it?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Of course you do. Yet when teachers and politicians and ministers use their bully pulpit to indoctrinate kids as part of the progbot army, that's okay, right? I don't see you speaking out against schools pushing the leftwing agenda onto students all across America every single day, and that is WAY more inappropriate than Trump's one speech.

Why is it okay when you guys do it?

Yes, of course I do and most reasonable people would agree. As for your assertion about "teachers and politicians and ministers use their bully pulpit to indoctrinate kids" and "Why is it okay when you guys do it?" I can't speak to that as I am not one of the "you guys" that you're referring to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, of course I do and most reasonable people would agree. As for your assertion about "teachers and politicians and ministers use their bully pulpit to indoctrinate kids" and "Why is it okay when you guys do it?" I can't speak to that as I am not one of the "you guys" that you're referring to.

"You guys" meaning progressive liberals, and yes you are one of them whether or not you want to admit it.

So again, why is it okay when you guys do it on such a large and intrusive scale, but not okay when Trump makes one speech?