Trump at Boy Scouts Rally: 'We could use some more loyalty'

steppinthrax

Of course you do. Yet when teachers and politicians and ministers use their bully pulpit to indoctrinate kids as part of the progbot army, that's okay, right? I don't see you speaking out against schools pushing the leftwing agenda onto students all across America every single day, and that is WAY more inappropriate than Trump's one speech.

Why is it okay when you guys do it?

When has the President of the United States came into a public school to go off like that. I know there have been visitations by various presidents etc...

awpitt

Main Streeter
"You guys" meaning progressive liberals, and yes you are one of them whether or not you want to admit it.

Whether or not you want to admit it, you are incorrect. I hold view points from various political ideologies. Some liberal, some conservative, some centrist so I don't fit any one label. If I had a label, it would be "non-extremist".

So again, why is it okay when you guys do it on such a large and intrusive scale, but not okay when Trump makes one speech?

Again, I can't answer this as I don't do what you're asking about.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When has the President of the United States came into a public school to go off like that. I know there have been visitations by various presidents etc...

POTUS has not, that I'm aware of. However teachers, who influence children every single weekday, do in fact go off even more vehemently "like that".

Or have you forgotten?

steppinthrax

POTUS has not, that I'm aware of. However teachers, who influence children every single weekday, do in fact go off even more vehemently "like that".

Or have you forgotten?

I watched the video and it is wrong for the teachers to have done this. But again, these are public school teachers. You hear about public school teachers doing stupid #### every day. They are unionized, over-protected, but that's another whole different subject.

Again....

When has the POTUS ever gone into a public school and started politicking to children?

This is what happened to the boy scouts. Only difference being the Boy Scouts is a private org.

Just to give you a little background. My son is in the Cub Scouts. I'm involved in the Cub Scouts. I know many of the parents and they know me. Many of the parents are of course religious/conservative and/or they lean to the right. They treat me very well knowing that I'm most likely a lib/dem/moderate. I treat them very well too. I've talked to one of them about this they were disgusted. But then we are talking level minded calvert county people. Not SoMD forums people.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Did you know the much of Obamacare was modeled after a similar conservative idea from the Brookings Institute (conservative think tank)

This is the bill that was hammered out in closed sessions in which Republicans were LOCKED OUT OF THE MEETING ROOMS and the Democrats were caught sneaking out a rear entrance during other planning sessions. The Bill that was written by the Permanent Democrat staff after the bill was approved? That bill?

SamSpade

(shrug)

My high school commencement speaker was Steny Hoyer - who made it all about him and his political future - with sparse references to us and our lives.
I'd hazard a guess and say he must have gone on to a long career in politics.

Pretty sure this sort of thing happens a lot more than all these people losing it realize. I've certainly been a captive member of an audience where a guest speaker decided to make it all about someone in office they didn't like.

FWIW I got a note from BSA (my son is a Scout) that was non-partisan and encouraged Scouts to respect differing views and as citizens to respect the office of the President.

When I hear some TV talking head talk about being an Eagle Scout and being disgusted by it all, I'd like to go through their Facebook page and see all the crap they've already dumped on Trump. And if he voted for Hillary, is a life-long Democrat, never voted Republican and trashes the President, I'd shrug and say, yeah, your testimony is credible.

awpitt

Main Streeter
(shrug)

My high school commencement speaker was Steny Hoyer - who made it all about him and his political future - with sparse references to us and our lives.

...and that was wrong. As was Trump's speech.

FWIW I got a note from BSA (my son is a Scout) that was non-partisan and encouraged Scouts to respect differing views and as citizens to respect the office of the President.

It's pretty bad when Trump's behavior puts the BSA in the position of having to send that sort of note.