Trump & Putin Summit

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think that Trump has a good reason for making that statement the way he did. I am not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater, just yet. I think Trump's record of being a shrewd businessman (The Art of the Deal - i.e., makin' deals) far exceeds any politician's opinion of what you can and cannot say in pursuit of international diplomacy. I don't think he's done, yet. This is his style - it always has been. And it's been working - so why expect anything different?

Look at all the rats' statements coming out - they're crawling all over each other to be the first to flog him, and they're revealing information while they're doing it. Sure, he's got some Republicans steamed, too, but I think that Trump is okay with taking that heat in order to get a little further in his quest to make progress in US/Russia diplomacy.

**I'm not going to argue for the sake of argument with the fools on this forum, nor do I have time to spend all day nit picking the nuances in/of Trump's words.

I just think it was ill-advised for Trump to give the appearance of believing Putin's denial.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Chris Wallace had an interview with him. I thought it was pretty damned good. He didn't pull punches, but didn't go full brimstone on Putin's butt.

Still, the remark about Putin's enemies ending up dead is probably not going to win him a follow up.

He seemed to have made Putin squirm on a few of those questions. All-in-all it was a fruitless Q and A. We will never get an admission from Putin that Russia hacked our election.

SamSpade

I think that Trump has a good reason for making that statement the way he did.
Two things come to mind --

One, the left and the press are always all over Trump's tactless, less than diplomatic approach to things.
For good reason - when he IS diplomatic - like cancelling a yearly exercise for the North Korean meeting - the left
and the press went and STILL have gone nuts suggesting he's gutted our defense there.

And two - historically, the left has ZERO faith in our intelligence agencies, most notably during the Iraq War, but
prior to that. Always. They only have greatly magnified it in the wake of the Trump investigation regarding Russia -
even though it apparently sat on its hands when all this "collusion" was going on.

Hijinx

Two things come to mind --

One, the left and the press are always all over Trump's tactless, less than diplomatic approach to things.
For good reason - when he IS diplomatic - like cancelling a yearly exercise for the North Korean meeting - the left
and the press went and STILL have gone nuts suggesting he's gutted our defense there.

And two - historically, the left has ZERO faith in our intelligence agencies, most notably during the Iraq War, but
prior to that. Always. They only have greatly magnified it in the wake of the Trump investigation regarding Russia -
even though it apparently sat on its hands when all this "collusion" was going on.

If it wasn't for Hillary paying to start the Russian BS we wouldn't be hearing any of this.
We wouldn't have mueller and we wouldn't have unsubstantiated accusations of collusion.

This_person

It has been reported that was based on a "stand-down" order.
Former President Barack Obama’s cybersecurity czar confirmed Wednesday that former national security adviser Susan Rice told him to “stand down” in response to Russian cyber attacks during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Michael Daniel, whose official title was “cybersecurity coordinator,” confirmed the stand-down order during a Senate Select Committee on Intelligence hearing held to review the Obama and President Donald Trump’s administrations’ policy response to Russian election interference.

Rice’s order to Daniel was first reported in “Russian Roulette,” a book published in March that details Russia’s meddling in the election.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yeah, yeah! Tomaato, tomahto.

A little more than that... If you keep letting the Dems say it was "Hacked" it supports the idea that Hillary was cheated out of the election.

A lie I'm not inclined to allow them to push.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have very little reason to doubt the intel.

Really? Because after the last year or so, I automatically presume those ####bags are lying and they have to prove to me that they're not.

We've gotten so entangled in a global economy that our "representatives" only care about lining their pockets. They don't give a crap about America or Americans except for how they can manipulate themselves into power and acquire wealth for themselves. Now the braindead mantra is "Trump let Putin win!!!" Win what? Is this a football game or something? What exactly does Trump "lose" by engaging in diplomacy and not getting us into another cold war with Russia? How does he "lose" by building a working relationship with other world leaders?

If Putin is laughing at us, it's because we've allowed our news media to run amok and act like foaming idiots. Our politicians are like rabid animals, so desperate for publicity to the point that they'll hate on their own country and own President. Our citizens are ignorant dope smoking college punks who are allowed to riot and bust #### up like freaking third world savages. Our celebrities are vicious degenerates who take time out from raping women to opine that our President's 12 year old son should be thrown into a den of pedophiles.

WTF is going on in this country??? Why have we allowed this??

PsyOps

Pixelated
A little more than that... If you keep letting the Dems say it was "Hacked" it supports the idea that Hillary was cheated out of the election.

A lie I'm not inclined to allow them to push.

Well, interfered isn't really accurate either; because they never really were successful at interfering in the election. Giving credibility to that definition results in the same conclusion - they were able to interfere to the extend that caused Hillary to lose. The fact the matter is, the Russians (according to intel we've never seen BTW) attempted to use social media and hacking methods to infiltrate our elections. There is no evidence presented that they were successful; there is only evidence that they tried. It's been presented by the FBI and DOJ that not one vote was affected and the outcome was not changed because of it.

The Russians did allegedly hack Podesta's computer, because he was dumb enough to use 'p@ssw0rd' for his password. So, there was some successful hacking. But, none of it resulted in any change in the outcome of the election.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chris Wallace had an interview with him. I thought it was pretty damned good. He didn't pull punches, but didn't go full brimstone on Putin's butt.

Still, the remark about Putin's enemies ending up dead is probably not going to win him a follow up.

I thought Chris Wallace was a pompous ass. I was trying to hear what Putin ('s interpreter) was saying and Wallace kept "yabbuting" over him, interrupting him to complain that he wasn't answering the question. :crazy: He clearly didn't want us to hear what Putin had to say because it didn't fit his preconceived notions. Putin told him numerous times, hang on, I'm getting there, and Wallace just kept trying to steamroll over him.

I came away with an impression of Putin as a leader trying to make things work and Wallace as a self-important Muppet. But I don't care for Chris Wallace anyway, so I'm predisposed to thinking he's a jerk.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
WTF is going on in this country??? Why have we allowed this??

Because somewhere in the process, generation after generation, slowly submitted to the idea that we elect "Leaders" rather than "Representatives!"

Citizens became comfortable with being Subjects.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Really? Because after the last year or so, I automatically presume those ####bags are lying and they have to prove to me that they're not.

I completely understand your sentiments. And I do feel the same in terms of my trust for anything that comes out of our FBI and DOJ at this point. But, Russia has been doing this for a long time in a whole variety of ways. And let's not pretend it's just them. We do it too; and not just with Russia.

The U.S. is no stranger to interfering in the elections of other countries

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We will never get an admission from Putin that Russia hacked our election.

Exactly, so what's the point of needling him about it?

This is the problem with the masses: they have no follow up. They have reactionary here and now. Hooray, you press Putin and he admits that his government "meddled in our election". Now what? Nuke his country? Punch him in the nose? Tell him to "knock it off"? Impose sanctions and starve his citizens out?

Trump thinks about the "then what?" and proceeds with a goal in mind. If the goal is having a solid working relationship with Russia, picking a fight over something so dumb isn't the path to success.

All this "Putin won the summit" is just more ignorance. Yeah, lucky winner Putin - man, people all over the world are just flocking to go live in his country, it's so awesome.

:rolleyes:

This_person

Because somewhere in the process, generation after generation, slowly submitted to the idea that we elect "Leaders" rather than "Representatives!"

Citizens became comfortable with being Subjects.

^^This^^

That's why I hate calling government employees "officials".

PsyOps

Pixelated
Exactly, so what's the point of needling him about it?

This is the problem with the masses: they have no follow up. They have reactionary here and now. Hooray, you press Putin and he admits that his government "meddled in our election". Now what? Nuke his country? Punch him in the nose? Tell him to "knock it off"? Impose sanctions and starve his citizens out?

Trump thinks about the "then what?" and proceeds with a goal in mind. If the goal is having a solid working relationship with Russia, picking a fight over something so dumb isn't the path to success.

All this "Putin won the summit" is just more ignorance. Yeah, lucky winner Putin - man, people all over the world are just flocking to go live in his country, it's so awesome.

:rolleyes:

I certainly don't look at this from a win/lose standpoint. Trump did himself no favors by saying he trusts his intel community while at the same time telegraphing that Putin might be telling the truth that they did not meddle. Putin gained no credibility with me since he has always operated on the premise of no transparency. He must lie about everything.

What the detractors are doing is predictable; reject everything Trump does. There was none of this outrage when Obama and Hillary went over there and nuzzled up to Putin playing nice-nice. Russia was just as much our enemy then as they are now.