Trump & Putin Summit

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump did himself no favors by saying he trusts his intel community

But can you imagine the outrage if he'd said, "Well, given recent events I'm pretty sure our intel community is a pack of lying grifters who should be executed for treason"? Trump's not going to say that, but I'll bet you that's what he was thinking. He tends to polish the turds until it becomes agonizingly clear that the turd is noting more than a POS.

Russia was just as much our enemy then as they are now.

What does that even mean, "our enemy"? The TV people say that all the time - "our enemy" to someone who is just trying to run a country, and "our friend" to people who are stabbing us in the back fairly regularly. I don't think about other countries in terms of "friends" and "enemies". It think of them as allies or not, and even then it's just on paper and not necessarily in practice. There's no reason why Russia can't become an ally. No reason why China can't be our ally. Not sure why we consider Mexico and Great Britain to be "friends" when they're constantly trying to undermine and belittle us.

stgislander

PREMO Member
With regard to enemies, friends, allies, etc., I seems to remember Trump calling Russia "competitors". Makes more sense in this day and age actually.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What does that even mean, "our enemy"? The TV people say that all the time - "our enemy" to someone who is just trying to run a country, and "our friend" to people who are stabbing us in the back fairly regularly. I don't think about other countries in terms of "friends" and "enemies". It think of them as allies or not, and even then it's just on paper and not necessarily in practice. There's no reason why Russia can't become an ally. No reason why China can't be our ally. Not sure why we consider Mexico and Great Britain to be "friends" when they're constantly trying to undermine and belittle us.

Insert your own word: "Russia was just as much our _________ then as they are now.

In other words, where we stand with Russia is no different now that it was then - when Obama was president. We certainly aren't friends. I have long asserted that the Cold War never really ended; it just took a different form.

Putin is of the old school KGB mindset. I don't see much changing in our relationship as long as he's in power.

Sapidus

Insert your own word: "Russia was just as much our _________ then as they are now.

In other words, where we stand with Russia is no different now that it was then - when Obama was president. We certainly aren't friends. I have long asserted that the Cold War never really ended; it just took a different form.

Putin is of the old school KGB mindset. I don't see much changing in our relationship as long as he's in power.

Wrong. We have clear evidence that Putin meddled in our election to ensure one candidate would win over the other.

Not to mention we know Russia has been poisoning people on the grounds of our allies countries.

Not to mention that Russia lent Trump a shi* ton of money when his business were all failing and no other countries banks would.

Not to mention Trump has a stupid nickname for every other world leader and has alienated all of our allies other than Putin.

Not to mention the likelihood of the PEE PEE tapes

Not to mention that everything that has happened is exactly what Russia wants to isolate us from our historical partners so Russia and China can step in.

We are now the laughing stock of the world with the lowest world confidence views since Bush.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

How about "fellow sovereign nation that we'd like to do business with if possible"?

I'm about strategic partnerships, not "friends" and "enemies". If Trump can make a deal with him that benefits the American people, hooray. I'm pretty sure, however, that he won't get that deal by insulting Putin and picking nits. The only reason the Left wants him to do that is so they can then whine and cry about his lack of diplomacy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wrong. We have clear evidence that Putin meddled in our election to ensure one candidate would win over the other.

No, we don't.

Not to mention we know Russia has been poisoning people on the grounds of our allies countries.

That's their problem.

Not to mention that Russia lent Trump a shi* ton of money when his business were all failing and no other countries banks would.

Cite your source, please. Or don't, because it's immaterial.

Not to mention Trump has a stupid nickname for every other world leader and has alienated all of our allies other than Putin.

That's definitely not true.

:lmao: Try and be more immature.

Not to mention that everything that has happened is exactly what Russia wants to isolate us from our historical partners so Russia and China can step in.

Yeah, some partners. Some pals.

We are now the laughing stock of the world with the lowest world confidence views since Bush.

If we're a laughingstock, it's because of dumbasses like you spewing idiocy on the internet. Because of our former CIA head tweeting like some senile crank and undermining our President.

All that CNN and MSNBC watching has rotted your brain.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If we're a laughingstock, it's because of dumbasses like you spewing idiocy on the internet.

:yeahthat:

And after over a year and a half of crying, bitching, moaning, lying, screaming, breaking things, more accusations, attacking people and using the resource of the Federal Govt. to attack Trump (The duly elected President) they've still got nothing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I thought Chris Wallace was a pompous ass. I was trying to hear what Putin ('s interpreter) was saying and Wallace kept "yabbuting" over him, interrupting him to complain that he wasn't answering the question. :crazy: He clearly didn't want us to hear what Putin had to say because it didn't fit his preconceived notions. Putin told him numerous times, hang on, I'm getting there, and Wallace just kept trying to steamroll over him.

I came away with an impression of Putin as a leader trying to make things work and Wallace as a self-important Muppet. But I don't care for Chris Wallace anyway, so I'm predisposed to thinking he's a jerk.
Holy moly! I was irritated thru that whole thing, too! GAWD, CW was an acting like an insipid little jerk.

Bann

PREMO Member
With regard to enemies, friends, allies, etc., I seems to remember Trump calling Russia "competitors". Makes more sense in this day and age actually.

:yay: Exactly!

Also, did anyone HEAR (really hear!?) Trump say our militaries get along well. Russian and US. He says they get along /work together.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Holy moly! I was irritated thru that whole thing, too! GAWD, CW was an acting like an insipid little jerk.

I guess accusing and interrupting is what passes for "hard hitting" these days among the "journalist" set.

I thought Wallace asked good questions. Too bad he wouldn't shut his blow hole long enough so I could hear the answers.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Not one bit of this has one thing to do with my post.

PsyOps

Pixelated
How about "fellow sovereign nation that we'd like to do business with if possible"?

I'm about strategic partnerships, not "friends" and "enemies". If Trump can make a deal with him that benefits the American people, hooray. I'm pretty sure, however, that he won't get that deal by insulting Putin and picking nits. The only reason the Left wants him to do that is so they can then whine and cry about his lack of diplomacy.

That's all well and good, as long as the other side views things the same way. It's like how Obama viewed our war with terrorism. He did everything to avoid the truth that we were at war with radical Islam. All-the-while radical Islam knew full-well they were at war with us.

We cannot overlook what Russia's intentions might be. They can't be trusted as long as Putin is in charge.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We cannot overlook what Russia's intentions might be. They can't be trusted as long as Putin is in charge.

That goes without saying but are you suggesting it would be better NOT to have discourse or to be openly hostile and antagonistic?

PsyOps

Pixelated
That goes without saying but are you suggesting it would be better NOT to have discourse or to be openly hostile and antagonistic?

Like I posted earlier... I'm willing to sit back and watch things unfold and see what happens. The one thing Trump does deserve much credit for is his desire for diplomacy. All of the Trump-haters were predicting war with NORK and Russia. Now that he is making efforts to broker peace, the haters are all :jameo: about that. I just hope Trump doesn't under estimate Putin. He's been doing this for a long time.

Bann

PREMO Member
I guess accusing and interrupting is what passes for "hard hitting" these days among the "journalist" set.

I thought Wallace asked good questions. Too bad he wouldn't shut his blow hole long enough so I could hear the answers.
:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's all well and good, as long as the other side views things the same way. It's like how Obama viewed our war with terrorism. He did everything to avoid the truth that we were at war with radical Islam. All-the-while radical Islam knew full-well they were at war with us.

What exactly has Putin done to make you think he wants a war with us? Be specific.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
After chewing on this for a day, some thoughts come to me.

I do think Trump discredited himself for not pointedly telling Putin "We know your people tried to influence our elections. I want to have a meaningful relationship with you, but that can't happen as long as you keep doing this." While none of us have actually seen the evidence that the Russians engaged in trying to manipulate our elections, I have very little reason to doubt the intel. Trump doing what he did really slapped the intel community in the face.

Given that, I do understand what Trump is trying to do; and it's not too different than what Obama tried to do with his Russian reset. I don't think Trump will go to the extent that Obama did with his "I'll have more leverage after my reelection". If ever there was an instance of leaning on the edge of treason, that was it. What was the result? Annexation of Crimea and the Uranium deal. Remember folks... Obama won the Nobel for Peace while Russia was waging war on the Ukraine; and that 'reset' was nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

No one is asking... Why are we still here with Russia, when Obama supposedly fixed everything between us and them? Answer - because Obama failed. BIGLY! Now, Trump is trying to use diplomacy - AGAIN - to try to make a deal with Russia in order to get them back to a G8. The media and all the Trump haters are having a fit. Nearly all of them calling for his impeachment. The insanity has just climbed several notches. What do these people want? Another Cold War? War? Or do they want Trump to do what Obama tried, try to negotiate some sort of peace between us?

I think Trump made a mistake giving credence to Putin's denial that they tried to hack our elections. I'm really disappointed with that. But, like with North Korea, I'm going to wait and see how things play out.

I've got to disagree with your synopsis. It looked to me, because of the timing, that the Intel community was trying to force a confrontation between Trump and Putin. He had the choice of being herded into that confrontation or maintaining his predetermined course. Of course every member of the Intel community is going to take offense, but that's the chance you take when you don't leave a binary choice.