Trump signals support for legislation lifting federal ban on marijuana

MiddleGround

Easy. Performance based evals. If the person is doing a good job you don’t need to worry about them. If they act drunk or high at work you fire them. Same goes if they have an attendance issue.

Not such a bad idea.

As long as this is not happening in the reception area...

So ALL of you are admitting that you are willing to accept the risk of a known pot smoker? Deal with the consequences later?

black dog

Free America
but you send someone down the road of they are a drug user ... [talking pot here]

If someone comes to apply for a job or comes to work ####ed up, high, stoned, whatever you want to call it, you better believe it.
Again I dont give two sh!ts about what someone does at home, but dont come to my place of employment glassy eyed and smelling like weed and expect to run my machinery and vehicles while stoned.
At least be smart enough to shower and use Visine and put on the cleanest dirty clothes in the pile that dont smell like weed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If someone comes to apply for a job or comes to work ####ed up, high, stoned, whatever you want to call it, you better believe it.

Again I dont give two sh!ts about what someone does at home, but dont come to my place of employment glassy eyed and smelling like weed and expect to run my machinery and vehicles while stoned.

At least be smart enough to shower and use Visine and put on the cleanest dirty clothes in the pile that dont smell like weed.

:yay:

just wanted to clarify ..... no I don't believe employees should be stoned at work especially in a machine shop

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They also need to ensure employers can still require drug free employees.

Since alcohol is a legal intoxicant, I'd expect that pot smokers would have a window they would have to not have indulged prior to working. Workers can still consume alcohol as long as their BAC is as close to 0 as possible.

Monello

PREMO Member
No one is proposing otherwise.

If pot smoking is legalized then I think some sort of compromise would have to be worked out. You can be a pot smoker just not have lit up just prior to showing up for your shift.

black dog

Free America
Since alcohol is a legal intoxicant, I'd expect that pot smokers would have a window they would have to not have indulged prior to working. Workers can still consume alcohol as long as their BAC is as close to 0 as possible.

I remember Beer machines in the cafeteria at NSA.

Monello

PREMO Member
EVERYONE says this but... what will it do?

Let's review shall we?

Alcohol is Taxed: Where is that money?
Ciggarettes are taxed: Where is that money?
Gasoline is taxed: Where is that money?
Gambling is taxed: Where is that money?

Weed being taxed....

Don't fall into the same old trap that legalizing pot and taxing it will be some kind of miracle financial windfall. My guess, based on history, is that it would be swallowed up by the machine just like any other bright idea that government was able to tax.

There will be a cumulative savings from law enforcement, judicial and prison. Removing an entire class of violators will free up the system for more pressing issues.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And here I hoped we could finally have a decent back and forth conversation about a topic without you going full class clown.

Truely sad.

Who was the one that jumped to the wrong conclusion based on a silly meme? Hint: Wasn't me. ;-)

I'm not sad. In fact, I'm grinning right now.

MiddleGround

Who was the one that jumped to the wrong conclusion based on a silly meme? Hint: Wasn't me. ;-)

I'm not sad. In fact, I'm grinning right now.

Like I said, tried to have a serious connversation with ya'

You went with the "silly meme."

Oh well... fool me twice... ya' know

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Like I said, tried to have a serious connversation with ya'

You went with the "silly meme."

Oh well... fool me twice... ya' know

Pssst..slow guy..you made your stupid assertion/assumption about my company drug policies BASED on that silly meme.

So who is looking silly now?

MiddleGround

Pssst..slow guy..you made your stupid assertion/assumption about my company drug policies BASED on that silly meme.

So who is looking silly now?

I'm not going to drag yet another thread down into the crapper with you.

I made my point. You made yours.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm not going to drag yet another thread down into the crapper with you.

I made my point. You made yours.

What was my point?

Say..speaking of tubas...

butt tuba.png

Chris0nllyn

If pot smoking is legalized then I think some sort of compromise would have to be worked out. You can be a pot smoker just not have lit up just prior to showing up for your shift.

Of course. We have this ability, as a society, to accept the ramifications of alcohol being a legal substance. We assume (correctly) that a majority of adults who consume it, do so responsibly. The majority of adults don't drink before work, or on lunch so why the assumption (not from you, just as a general question) for anything different relating to another legal substance?

Monello

PREMO Member
Of course. We have this ability, as a society, to accept the ramifications of alcohol being a legal substance. We assume (correctly) that a majority of adults who consume it, do so responsibly. The majority of adults don't drink before work, or on lunch so why the assumption (not from you, just as a general question) for anything different relating to another legal substance?

My concern is for people that are drug tested as a condition of employment. If they get high, how long does that stay in their system? Probably well beyond after they lose their high. So while they aren't high on the job, they are at risk for testing positive. The baseline for THC will have to be modifies to only catch those that are currently under the influence rather than an occasional user.

As far as I know you only show an elevated BAC immediately after consuming alcohol. As opposed to showing any several days after drinking.

awpitt

Main Streeter
My concern is for people that are drug tested as a condition of employment. If they get high, how long does that stay in their system? Probably well beyond after they lose their high. So while they aren't high on the job, they are at risk for testing positive. The baseline for THC will have to be modifies to only catch those that are currently under the influence rather than an occasional user.

As far as I know you only show an elevated BAC immediately after consuming alcohol. As opposed to showing any several days after drinking.

Depending on how much someone drinks, the BAC could be elevated for several hours. I mean if someone is at a party watching football on a Sunday night and drinks several beers. Goes to bed around 11pm, they'll still have an elevated BAC on Monday morning when it's time to go to work.