Trump's not going to be impeached

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If wasting time on investgations means less time creating and passing burdensome regulations, that's a plus.

But we really don't know if this is fabricated yet, do we?.

We pretty much do, yes. There has not been one shred of meat found on those bones and senior intelligence people have already said as much. There have been zero leaks with any meat either. Even the "Russians hacked the DNC story" looks bogus on it's face. Somebody might have..but the Russians would never have left a trail.

Hillary and her minions got that "The Russians!!" ball rolling immediately after their unexpected loss, and rightly counted on the aggressive assistance from their mainstream media arm.

Hijinx

No I think it's more likely a reporter is so convinced of his source's veracity, he WILL put himself on the line, however naive such an idea is.

It's not as though whole NATIONS have done things based on extremely flimsy evidence.

The reporter----Like Chris---believes what he wants to hear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you think that some of them KNOW there's nothing to find, but that they can gain politically by pushing it anyway?
You know, we've SEEN House of Cards - we know they do this.

Yes, I do think that's a great possibility.

You know what would be hilarious? If the "Russian classified information" thing was totally made up by some punk wanting to appear important. He's thinking, "Eh, I'll get a headline or two, another nail in the coffin," then it blows up to this enormous thing. :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd like to believe the NYT, and that a specific reporter wouldn't put himself through possible legal hearings to completely make up a story. Not saying it couldn't happen though.

Maybe he didn't think it would come to all this. Reporters fabricate crap all the time, we know this because they get busted for it.

Chris0nllyn

No I think it's more likely a reporter is so convinced of his source's veracity, he WILL put himself on the line, however naive such an idea is.

It's not as though whole NATIONS have done things based on extremely flimsy evidence.

I wouldn't agree anything is more or less likely given the #### that's come from both government and media. While it's quite possible the reporter is going after Trump, who continually villifies his employer, I disagree that it's the "more likely" scenario.

The author of the story may be wanting to get his name out there, as he's fairly young, but he's also broken a few stories such as the 100 baseball players tested positive for PEDs in 2003. He also broke the story about the 2005 Haditha Massacre . He also broke the story on Clinton's personal e-mail account.

This is the same reporter who was lambasted by the left for covering Clinton's email story, claiming he was "unfair".

Another, more relevant piece he did was on the vetting process of San Bernadino shooter Malik. Schmidt's (the author) article cited anonymous government sources and claimed that the shooter "talked openly on social media about her views on violent jihad", but in reality Malik said those things in private, not on her Facebook.

In fact, that same story was cited by GURPS in the San Bernadino thread.
http://forums.somd.com/threads/305441-Mass-Shooting-in-California?p=5599562&viewfull=1#post5599562

We pretty much do, yes. There has not been one shred of meat found on those bones and senior intelligence people have already said as much. There have been zero leaks with any meat either. Even the "Russians hacked the DNC story" looks bogus on it's face. Somebody might have..but the Russians would never have left a trail.

Hillary and her minions got that "The Russians!!" ball rolling immediately after their unexpected loss, and rightly counted on the aggressive assistance from their mainstream media arm.

No, we "pretty much" don't. We have about as much info for the allegations as we don't. No one can claim that it's a fake story since those in charge of oversight haven't even seen anything yet.

Is it fake? Maybe. But it's a bit premature to say it is at this point. Just as much as it is to say the story is true and Trump should be impeached.

Yes, the media plays a roll in it, but this is the same media that villified Trump throughout the primaries and he still became President.

The reporter----Like Chris---believes what he wants to hear.

Do you have some sort of mental issue? That's a real question. You spout off these random things that have no bearing on the conversation, completely misrepresent anything anyone who you disagree with says, and seem to have little to no basic knowledge on world events, workings of govt., nor respect in general.

I've never, ever, had anything bad to say about you, nor anyone else on here outside of friendly banter. I'm curious why you faithfully ignore things placed in front you in order to act like a dick. Do you really take this internet forum thing that seriously?

Maybe he didn't think it would come to all this. Reporters fabricate crap all the time, we know this because they get busted for it.

Oh sure he did. He runs a bombshell story about the President of the United States obstructing the head of the FBI from investigating Flynn and his ties to Russia and he expects it to fall to the Metro section of the newspaper?

philibusters

I agree no evidence as come out yet linking the Trump campaign to Russia's hacking the DNC. However that is what the special counsel will be looking into.

In terms your quote that "Even the "Russians hacked the DNC story" looks bogus on it's face", I think there is ample secondary evidence of that Russia was behind the hacking. Three separate intelligence agencies have stated that they are confident the Russians hacked the DNC and that the Wikileaks release came from Russia. Even the Republicans in Congress don't really dispute that. Every time I have seen a Republican congressman on the news shows they are saying there is "no evidence to link Trump to the Russian hacking".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I agree no evidence as come out yet linking the Trump campaign to Russia's hacking the DNC. However that is what the special counsel will be looking into.

In terms your quote that "Even the "Russians hacked the DNC story" looks bogus on it's face", I think there is ample secondary evidence of that Russia was behind the hacking. Three separate intelligence agencies have stated that they are confident the Russians hacked the DNC and that the Wikileaks release came from Russia. Even the Republicans in Congress don't really dispute that. Every time I have seen a Republican congressman on the news shows they are saying there is "no evidence to link Trump to the Russian hacking".

I've seen plenty of credible statements that bring the crediblity of "it was the Russians" in to question when it comes to how the damaging emails were obtained from the DNC. I wonder what the special counsel will find that so many others investigating it have not. LOL.

Funny thing is...I could care less about that. I don't care if the Russans hacked the DNC or the Amish did. If they (the DNC) had not been such gutter slime and documented that in those emails, it never would have even been a story.. As it was, whoever hacked them did us all a great service.

Last edited:

This_person

Funny thing is...I could care less about that. I don't care if the Russans hacked the DNC or the Amish did. If they (the DNC) had not been such gutter slime and documented that in those emails, it never would have even been a story.. As it was, whoever hacked them did us all a great service.

I don't understand how revealing the truth is "interfering in our elections." If they spread lies, that would be interference. If they gave gobs of money (like they did to Clinton and Podesta), THAT would be interference.

Chris0nllyn

I don't understand how revealing the truth is "interfering in our elections." If they spread lies, that would be interference. If they gave gobs of money (like they did to Clinton and Podesta), THAT would be interference.

Maybe the US media is upset someone else was trying to influence the American people?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't understand how revealing the truth is "interfering in our elections."

That's a peculiarly left-wing phenomenon: Get caught red handed and get steaming mad only because you got caught...while completely ignoring or trying to obfuscate what you got caught doing. With Hillary, it's practically an art form.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh sure he did. He runs a bombshell story about the President of the United States obstructing the head of the FBI from investigating Flynn and his ties to Russia and he expects it to fall to the Metro section of the newspaper?

You only think these people are fair, impartial geniuses - they're not really. I'm sure that Rolling Stone dumbass didn't think her story would get the attention it got. Google "journalists caught fabricating stories" and read the results.

Again, you can believe proven compulsive liars if you want. I choose not to do that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Google "journalists caught fabricating stories" and read the results.

Again, you can believe proven compulsive liars if you want. I choose not to do that.

Didn't NYT have several of those very embarrassing episodes in the past?...their "reporters" caught fabricating sensational stories out of whole cloth? Chris is too young to remember all that stuff. ;-p

PsyOps

Pixelated
Regardless of how anyone feels about him, no one had to believe Snowden. No one had to believe the stuff he leaked.

But it led to a congressional investigation (I mean, they have to do something, right?) and led to agencuies lying to Americans (shocker) but also led to the revelations that we're all being spied on (regardless if you believe it's a good thing or not).

The NYT also published article based on the Pentagon Papers. They didn't need to publish the actual papers for it to become what it did.

Watergate stories were rife with anonymous sources in articles published by the WaPo and NYT. We know how that turned out.

I'd like to believe the NYT, and that a specific reporter wouldn't put himself through possible legal hearings to completely make up a story. Not saying it couldn't happen though.

If I accuse my neighbor of shooting someone because I heard a popping noise from his house's direction, I call the police. The police are going to check it out. When they don't find any evidence - no gun, no gun powder, no dead body or injured person, no holes in any walls, nothing - they are going drop it. They aren't going to send it up to some prosecutor's office, start an investigation, haul the guy off to jail until the matter is settled... There was no evidence of anything; no investigation.

That's what we're dealing with here. You had someone SAY something to the WaPo or NYT. They don't bother to verify it, and report it as absolute truth. Democrats demand an investigation; based on what? Several people have testified there is no evidence of collusion. Comey testified on (I think it was) May 3rd that no one got in the way of the FBI's investigation. There is NOTHING. Yet, a special counsel has been appointed, a full-on investigation, based on nothing but some anonymous person said so.

Sapidus

I've seen plenty of credible statements that bring the crediblity of "it was the Russians" in to question when it comes to how the damaging emails were obtained from the DNC. I wonder what the special counsel will find that so many others investigating it have not. LOL.

So you can excuse the hackers because the ends justify the means in your opinion. So how can say you criticize the White House leakers and Comeys memo for doing the exact same thing if proven true ?

philibusters

You only think these people are fair, impartial geniuses - they're not really. I'm sure that Rolling Stone dumbass didn't think her story would get the attention it got. Google "journalists caught fabricating stories" and read the results.

Going off on aside, I think the Rolling Stone writer knew her story was going to make at least a few waves. I think she realized her story was flimsy, but I don't think she realized exactly how flimsy it would be. It fell apart almost instanteously. I think if she had realized it was going to be that bad, she would not have had it printed.