Update on staph infections in Calvert County Public Schools

B

Bronwyn

AND if I remember correctly my brother told me that OSHA had changed the rules regarding the wearing of scrus outside of health facilities.. Nursing Homes (where MRSA is prevelant) Hospitals and labs.. You wear street clothes into the facility, change at work, and change back to street clothes before leaving.. If you can imagine what kind of 'stuff' scrubs being worn by a nurse, nurse's aide, or a doctor, come in contact with daily you can understand why..

Just imagine what's on their SHOES!!

But you still see scrubs EVERYWHERE in the neighborhoods around all the above facilities.

Well, when they come to work and go home I see them in their same clothes that they wore in the hospital, no one changes clothes before/after shift that I know up here.
Remember that blood pressure cuffs touch everyone and are not cleaned.
Hospital cafeteria is used by patients, visitors and staff.
Hospital waiting room chairs and couches are not cleaned on a regular basis...

The point is that hospitals are ripe with germs. Wash your hands a lot and carry hand sanitizer in your purse, one with Alcohol in it. Be careful of what you touch.

Lilypad

I really didn't want to comment on this BUT

MRSA is everywhere-been everywhere for probably 50 years. Some innocent sweet child probably hugged his grandma or grandpa and took the virus to school-it's that prevalent folks.

My mama always told me "Lilygirl if it's wet, warm and it ain't yours don't touch it!" :yay:

Kids have forgotten how to wash their hands w/soap and water-I'm not discouraging the use of those alcohol gel thingys but what ever happened to scubbin up w/soap? :shrug:

Use some common sense folks and stop worrying so much.:howdy:

awpitt

Main Streeter
MRSA is everywhere-been everywhere for probably 50 years. Some innocent sweet child probably hugged his grandma or grandpa and took the virus to school-it's that prevalent folks.

My mama always told me "Lilygirl if it's wet, warm and it ain't yours don't touch it!" :yay:

Kids have forgotten how to wash their hands w/soap and water-I'm not discouraging the use of those alcohol gel thingys but what ever happened to scubbin up w/soap? :shrug:

Use some common sense folks and stop worrying so much.:howdy:
Another problem is with all these “anti-bacterial” soaps out on the market. The bacteria fighting agent within the soaps is at such a low level, various bacteria have developed immunities and are now immune at even higher levels.