Veg*n Restaurants

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vegweb I've seen, but I wasn't even thinking about it for dinner tomorrow. If there's nothing in the cookbook I just got I may just look over there. I need to go to the grocery store anyways, so we'll see. That Boston Market-esque Creamed Spinach looks delish.

If you make it, let me know how it turns out. I LOVE Creamed Spinach.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Vegetarians still use dairy products. Vegans use no animal products. No milk, no eggs, no cheese, and nothing with a face.

Is that just for the human? Curious if it goes over to what they feed their pets, etc. What about what they wear? I know lots of vegetarians but no vegans. I sort of thought a vegan USED not animal products at all...for anything.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Actually, there are levels to being a vegetarian. Ovolacto veg... they use dairy products and eggs.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Is that just for the human? Curious if it goes over to what they feed their pets, etc. What about what they wear? I know lots of vegetarians but no vegans. I sort of thought a vegan USED not animal products at all...for anything.

I can only speak for one vegan, and she feeds her cats animal products.

J

jp2854

right now i have to follow a vegetarian diet due to gallbladder problems. But once a week i have a little tuna other than that i am eating lots of veggies and some fruits and rice. nothing really exciting as of yet but it is helping me lose some weight thought which is nice.

sunny123

people getting sick

Be careful w/Bollywood. I know two people who were violently ill after having dinner there one night.

Hey mAlice,
my name is Sunny.. i am the owner of Bollywood Masala.. I am shocked to hear that some people that you know have gotten sick after eating there.. i would be very thankful if you could throw some light on this.. was it some allergies that kicked in .. because i am aware of A customer who got sick because of his allergies with nuts, and i personally make it a point when i am taking orders to make sure i enquire about food allergies. i personally make sure that there is nothing in the restaurant that is pre cooked, as a matter of fact every single thing that is served is cooked per order. i really would be thankful if you could shed some light on this matter.

Thanks again..