Vet Recommendations

V

Vixen

ericw said:
who is finally getting snipped on Monday.

I regret getting my dog snipped. He now looks like a pickle barrel with legs. He still humps everything, including the cat. :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
starr said:
But he is a bad person to work for.
Jazz did your animals ever board? If so what are their names?

Dr. Veitch has always been a great vet to my pets, especially when he came in late on a Saturday night to tend to my cat that had been bitten by a copperhead. I wouldn't have a clue as to how he is to work for. And no, I never boarded my dogs or cats there.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
starr said:
I fixed it right after I posted it. Damn your quick.

Why do you say he is a bad person to work for, and what does that have to do with his ability to care for animals?

S

starr

I worked there for several years. They have a huge turn around because the management in horrible. He used to have a way with people that would make them cry. I didn't say that had any effect on his ability to care for your animals. But he likes to do everything possible to suck the money out of people. JMO.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
starr said:
I worked there for several years. They have a huge turn around because the management in horrible. He used to have a way with people that would make them cry. I didn't say that had any effect on his ability to care for your animals. But he likes to do everything possible to suck the money out of people. JMO.

Ya' know, it's a shame. I see that a lot...poor management. They can't keep good help because they don't know how to treat or manage people. tsk tsk.

The sucking money out of people doesn't sound too good, though. Vet care is expensive enough without having your pet given care they don't need.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
starr said:
I worked there for several years. They have a huge turn around because the management in horrible. He used to have a way with people that would make them cry. I didn't say that had any effect on his ability to care for your animals.

Again, all I see is the excellent care given to my pets. Dr. Veitch has always been very compassionate and caring towards them. In fact, when I had a cat who lost a leg, several toes on another leg, and a third leg was broken, he said he would adopt the cat if I couldn't care for it. That has always spoken volumes to me.

But he likes to do everything possible to suck the money out of people. JMO.

I've had just the opposite experience with them versus other vets. When I had my dog spayed, the cost was minimal compared to Breton Bay and what it cost a friend to have her dogs (my dog's sisters) spayed. I've never had extra services forced on me nor was I pressured to run unnecessary tests.

Last edited:
S

starr

Maybe they have improved. It seemed to me they were helpful like that to people who had been coming for years and years but different to new people. I take my dog there because they give me a break since I worked there. My sister takes her dog for the same exact thing and it's twice or three times what I paid.

Midnightrider

jazz lady said:
I've had just the opposite experience with them versus other vets. When I had my dog spayed, the cost was minimal compared to Breton Bay and what it cost a friend to have her dogs (my dog's sisters) spayed. I've never had extra services forced on me nor was I pressured to run unnecessary tests.
Thats funny, cause i always found Brenton to be the most expensive, and the one that insists on the most testing, even if you aren't interested, or it wont help.

Cletus_Vandam

I have taken my pets to Dr. Nancy Ball in Solomons for years. She took great care of my Dalmatian who had epilepsy.

She's been seeing our pets for nearly tens years.

As for other vets in the area, I have tried another when we moved over to St. Mary's and was not happy with their services or diagnosis for the immediate problem they were looking at.

Dr. Ball is the best I have seen in several years of dealing with others...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
Thats funny, cause i always found Brenton to be the most expensive, and the one that insists on the most testing, even if you aren't interested, or it wont help.

That's what I was saying. :confused: Breton charged MUCH more than 3 Notch did and did a boatload of very unnecessary tests IMO. My friend's total cost per dog was 3 times what mine was.

J

jldccp

All Kinds Vet Hospital- in Calloway MD-301-994-9919

Dr. Autumn and Dr. Terry are wonderful- Not to mention their wonderful staff! They care for dogs, cats, bird, reptiles. (hence the "ALL Kinds" intheir name)- Their phone number is 301-994-9919. Good Luck and welcome to the neighborhood!

Ponytail

Cletus_Vandam said:
I have taken my pets to Dr. Nancy Ball in Solomons for years. She took great care of my Dalmatian who had epilepsy.

As for other vets in the area, I have tried another when we moved over to St. Mary's and was not happy with their services or diagnosis for the immediate problem they were looking at.

I 2nd that. Caring folks at Solomons, prices are fair, and follow-up calls after every visit. :yay:

S

Schizo

Cletus_Vandam said:

Yup, Dr Ball is great and her staff really cares!

lkt

curly-locks
starr said:
But he likes to do everything possible to suck the money out of people. JMO.

I have to disagree with this post.. My cat had a chemical burn in her mouth and Dr. veitch took super care of her! AND when i told him that i had a limited income .. he did everything he could to keep the bill down and even helped me to apply for "care credit"

sinwagon

Three Notch is TOP NOTCH! They are great! Have wellness plans etc.

They also have weekend and evening hours which is great for me. I love them!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Cletus_Vandam said:

We have always used her. My wife says the new vet working with her is great also.

They have done great with our pets. She euthanized my Mom's dog, and Dr. Ball cried as much as my Mom.

Katt

I recommend Tidewater Vet Hosp.

I recommend going to Tidewater Vet hosp. in Mechanicsville. They are very caring and have 6 or so vets, so there is always someone to see your animal. Not over priced like Breton Vet in Leonardtown. They bring new meaning to overcharging. I've used all of the vets over at Tidewater one time or another with differnet pets, and have always had much confidence in their treatments. Very kind when putting down my pets too. Very understanding and compassionet. Sent a "sympathy" card later that week too. Plus, didn't even charge for euthanasa since we'reon file as current patients. Not all vets do that. I personally, would drive the distance for a good vet. Just my humble opinion.