"We didn't misuse the smell of cannabis

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I feel sorry for employers. Just ran my errands and stopped at FL in Leonardtown. Every aisle that had young dudes stocking the shelves smelled of Cheech and Chong.
Everyone's had the medical card for years. :yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_4288.jpeg

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Our criminal justice system is set up to make it really hard to catch and punish law breakers.
I think they are making it difficult to catch the career law breakers. Let some soccer mom show up at the school board meeting, then out comes the pepper spray. Or the preacher that is praying on some sidewalk, he's getting put in dual silver bracelets for disturbing the peace.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think they are making it difficult to catch the career law breakers. Let some soccer mom show up at the school board meeting, then out comes the pepper spray. Or the preacher that is praying on some sidewalk, he's getting put in dual silver bracelets for disturbing the peace.
Easy Pickins. Low risk.

Clem72

some of you know what I did for three decades....

But ask yourselves this. If a LEO stops a vehicle for driving 15 in a 40 mph zone, the left turn signal had been on for twelve blocks as the driver meanders to and fro, he confronts the driver that smells like a Jack Daniels distillery, is he allowed to suspect anything???? No ? Yes? why???

Judging from the context of this thread you were either associated with law enforcement for 3 decades, or a heavy pot smoker for 3 decades.

Judging from the context and coherency of most of your other posts I know which one I am betting on.

black dog

Free America
So now I go to a concert or other crowded venue where the whacky is in the air and then get pulled over on the way home for a taillight and then detained for an hour while they wait for the dog and I am the law abiding citizen that was just hampered in my travel. Yeah - I too hate fishing LEOs
I asked one of our local officers a few years ago why he was carrying a firearm in the Post Office?
He told me he was a sworn Indiana law enforcement officer, I laughed at him and pointed to the sign on the door that Stated NO FIREARMS unless you are on Official Business. He again told me He was a Sworn yadda yadda yadda.
He didn't understand he couldn't carry on Federal Property unless they had an agreement with the Regional Post Master, and they do not.
A few weeks later I was talking to our Police Chief, He asked was that you at the Post Office?
I said yes and laughed, he said that none of his officers knew that they were included in that Federal Law. He said he knew it was ****ing me.
And he laughed.
A few months later the same officer passed me in the grocery store parking lot, he asked me for my permit for the gun I was carrying.
I turned my head and told him, irrelevant officer, and continued on my way. A few min later at my home two officers pulled into my driveway and back yard. They asked again for my permit, I said its irrelevant officers. Go and read Pinner verse Indiana and get back to me.

In a nutshell, just with seeing ones firearm, is not a reason to ask for ones permit. Its not an articulable reason to ask for ones papers.
One shouldn't have to educate LEO's.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
I asked one of our local officers a few years ago why he was carrying a firearm in the Post Office?
He told me he was a sworn Indiana law enforcement officer, I laughed at him and pointed to the sign on the door that Stated NO FIREARMS unless you are on Official Business. He again told me He was a Sworn yadda yadda yadda.
He didn't understand he couldn't carry on Federal Property unless they had an agreement with the Regional Post Master, and they do not.
A few weeks later I was talking to our Police Chief, He asked was that you at the Post Office?
I said yes and laughed, he said that none of his officers knew that they were included in that Federal Law. He said he knew it was ****ing me.
And he laughed.
A few months later the same officer passed me in the grocery store parking lot, he asked me for my permit for the gun I was carrying.
I turned my head and told him, irrelevant officer, and continued on my way. A few min later at my home two officers pulled into my driveway and back yard. They asked again for my permit, I said its irrelevant officers. Go and read Pinner verse Indiana and get back to me.

In a nutshell, just with seeing ones firearm, is not a reason to ask for ones permit. Its not an articulable reason to ask for ones papers.
One shouldn't have to educate LEO's.
Yup I watched a video where a deputy went to the local IRS office to conduct PERSONAL business with his firearm on his side. IRS security officer tries to stop him. Deputy pulls his ego out of his back pocket and refuses to stop. Security officer pulls out his gun and aims at deputy demanding he stop. Big brew-ha-ha ensues with local police coming to defend their local boy. Security officer calls his superiors. Big pissing match but in the end the deputies walk out with tails between their legs.

Keep your egos in check and admit when you are wrong and things would go a lot smoother for America's police force. Oh yeah - and don't investigate yourselves and find no wrong-doing!

Clem72

Keep your egos in check and admit when you are wrong and things would go a lot smoother for America's police force. Oh yeah - and don't investigate yourselves and find no wrong-doing!
It's not wrong-doing! If the dang system hadn't erased the recording they could prove it to you. As a business owner you must be familiar with how hard it is to keep cameras from malfunctioning and the need to overwrite all of your data every 5 days to save from having to buy expensive hard drives or backup media.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
It's not wrong-doing! If the dang system hadn't erased the recording they could prove it to you. As a business owner you must be familiar with how hard it is to keep cameras from malfunctioning and the need to overwrite all of your data every 5 days to save from having to buy expensive hard drives or backup media.
Hard drives? I still use vhs tapes - inexpensive and foolproof. As long as I remember to put a new one in the recorder each morning…

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Judging from the context of this thread you were either associated with law enforcement for 3 decades, or a heavy pot smoker for 3 decades.

Judging from the context and coherency of most of your other posts I know which one I am betting on.
hesright.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
What is the test for pot intoxication?
Aye, there's the rub........

Lacking a real test, they have made one up that sounds plausible enough to get you popped.

In situations where impairment is suspected but not identifiable, a drug recognition expert might be brought in. Drug recognition experts are officers specially trained to recognize signs of impairment from various types of drugs, including marijuana. They typically utilize a standardized 12-step evaluation process that includes a breath alcohol test, eye examinations, divided attention tests, and more to determine drug impairment.

What's the issue here? There's already been cases in other states where this training has been shown to be a bad idea.

BOP

Our criminal justice system is set up to make it really hard to catch and punish law breakers. You have to give criminals plenty of time to hide any evidence before you can attempt a bust, so only the really freaking stupid ones get caught. So you manage to bust some punk, then their shitbag lawyer digs up any angle to have the charges dropped or punishment reduced.

It seems like you only go to jail if you're a law abiding citizen who happens to be somewhere the Democrats don't want you to be. Gut some little kid on his way home from school smack in front of witnesses and you'll be back on the streets that same day.
I'm old enough to remember when only The Won could get away with that. On the White House lawn, no less.

Hijinx

I do not believe there is an expert in this world who can tell the difference between the crazed actions of a pot smoker and a Joe Biden voter.