well, its here, the first step...

nutz

Y'all wanted these chain stores and restaurants, big box marts and shopping "experiences" in the County. You elected County Commissioners who promised they'd get them here and empowered County government agencies to recruit them while promising tax breaks and concessions. So it's too late to start bitching now.

:yay:

nutz

well, I want to thank you guys for setting me straight. Wow, I had an opinion and expressed it. Guess I'm not too politically correct and have the ability to express my opinions...Wow, later on tonite, I'll go by and buy some irregular socks, some plastic shoes and some European popcorn at twice the price and maybe get a "I shopped at Marshalls" t shirt...

When you can get one t-shirt with Tractor Supply and Marshalls on it, you'll be happier.

Hannibal

Hit TJ Maxx this past Sunday for a pet mat for the mini-van. They have the most random stuff there but always seem to have what you need. Checked out the clientele and didn't see anything out of place. Isles were clear, workers were working, etc. Not trashy in the slightest.

PeoplesElbow

Hit TJ Maxx this past Sunday for a pet mat for the mini-van. They have the most random stuff there but always seem to have what you need. Checked out the clientele and didn't see anything out of place. Isles were clear, workers were working, etc. Not trashy in the slightest.

Usually this sort of complaint means "it will bring black people".

FED_UP

A neat store or a messy store starts with management not the area its located. If employees are not responsible enough to keep a store looking decent managment just needs to boot them out the door.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not Marshalls or TJ Maxx in Calvert, but I did see a FB post about the new Dollar General in Hollywood. Pretty scathing. I, personally, haven't had any issues there.

PeoplesElbow

ahhh the race card right on schedule...

Well tell me what are you referring to Marshall's bringing?

Not sure anyone has ever accused me of throwing a race card, I usually get warned for being non-PC. If that is what you mean don't be a coward and admit it.

black dog

Free America
Explain...

Bringing black people?

I was making a joke to a point, but

As a kid growing up in Bethesda, there was two big public swimming pools, within driving distance of my father's home. That would have been Glen Echo and Chevy Chase public pools. They both closed ( 68-69? ) when blacks started showing up in numbers along with racial tenison. Both attractions shortly closed. I was around 10 or 11 when they closed. Shortly after the community of Wildwood opened up membership to there pool and we were close enough to walk there, and father joined Wildwood.

GregV814

Marshall’s, much like Zayres, Jamesway and a host of other outlets that sell cheap crap are not quality stores that many like. You probably have not heard ofZayres or Jamesway because they were known for junk and folks walked away. Maybe I am wrong but I see future empty strip centers coming to Calvert.

PeoplesElbow

The first step to expand the marvelous Waldorphian way of life!! 10's of people, bussed in from Oxon Hill and the 'Dorf participated in the grand opening

How do you know these people were from Oxen Hill and Waldorf, did you ask them?

Marshall’s, much like Zayres, Jamesway and a host of other outlets that sell cheap crap are not quality stores that many like. You probably have not heard ofZayres or Jamesway because they were known for junk and folks walked away. Maybe I am wrong but I see future empty strip centers coming to Calvert.

I can't think of an empty strip center in Waldorf unless I am missing one somewhere. I have only been in Marshalls, Ross and TJ Maxx a few times but I didn't see crap in them, I saw stuff that didn't sell at full price in them.

black dog

Free America
How do you know these people were from Oxen Hill and Waldorf, did you ask them?

I can't think of an empty strip center in Waldorf unless I am missing one somewhere. I have only been in Marshalls, Ross and TJ Maxx a few times but I didn't see crap in them, I saw stuff that didn't sell at full price in them.

They were wearing black Tee shirts that said, " Strait Outta Oxon Hill " or
" Straight Outta The Dorf "

download.jpg

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

My le creuset Dutch oven and caphalon sauté pan say you're uninformed.

PeoplesElbow

My le creuset Dutch oven and caphalon sauté pan say you're uninformed.

He is reaching...

I also have some very nice stainless cookware from Marshalls that my mother got me for a Christmas present a couple years back.

They are an "off price" retailer, meaning that they sell old stuff, stuff that too much of was made, or out of season stuff such as football jerseys in the spring.

frequentflier

happy to be living
He is reaching...

I also have some very nice stainless cookware from Marshalls that my mother got me for a Christmas present a couple years back.

They are an "off price" retailer, meaning that they sell old stuff, stuff that too much of was made, or out of season stuff such as football jerseys in the spring.

They buy a lot of overstocks. As a business owner, I hate that I have found (pet stuff) cheaper there than I can buy it wholesale. And I do admit to buying all of certain toys I already stock and reselling them! Almost every time I am in PF, I stop at TJ Maxx to see what pet stuff they have on the shelf and it is rare to not find multiple items my small store carries. For half the price.
Recently, a customer brought in a box of dog biscuits from Marshall's and asked if I could get them. She paid $3.98 for them. My W/S cost is $3.96!
:SIGH: