Well that is Enlightened of Him

Midnightrider

Well, thanks for reposting this verbatim. I was looking for what YOU thought it meant.

I know it's asking a lot for you to take it from someone that has been working in this realm for about 30 years that coming is blowing smoke up our asses with that comment. He's purposely watering down the severity of what Clinton did and what would REALLY happen to any ordinary schmoe working with classified information. I have stated it before that someone could end up in prison even if that mistakenly mishandled classified at this level. When you add in intent, that takes up so many notches that someone like me would be facing life in prison. Clinton intentionally mishandled classified at level far higher that I've ever had access to.

All Comey did was try to play down the enormity of what Clinton did. It all happened under Comey's watch. It happened under Obama's and Lynch's watch. A lot of people were aimed to go down if an indictment was recommended. Comey lied to the American people, he lied under oath and he committed one of the greatest cases of dereliction of duty I've ever seen. Hillary Clinton put lives at risk doing what she did. I can only describe her being free... Comey keeping her free, as partnering with evil. What they all did was evil.

In his statement Comey says they searched the records and did not find anyone who had been prosecuted for a similar level of mishandling classified materials. You seem to think differently. What cases back up your opinion?

Let's remember, I only posted the Comey quote to clarify what he said. He certainly did not say what bob paraphrased him as saying. He pretty much said the opposite.

PsyOps

Pixelated
In his statement Comey says they searched the records and did not find anyone who had been prosecuted for a similar level of mishandling classified materials. You seem to think differently. What cases back up your opinion?

• David Petraeus: This was nowhere near the level of Clinton. He was spare prison because he made a plea deal. Nice to be an insider
  • John Deutch: He was pardoned by Clinton before they could prosecute him. Most certainly facing jail time. Again, nice to be an insider.
  • Naval reservist Bryan H. Nishimura: Found guilty of unauthorized removal and retention of classified materials and sentenced to two years of probation, a $7,500 fine
  • Stephen Kim: pleaded guilty in 2014 to disclosing a classified report on North Korea to Fox News reporter James Rosen. 13 months in prison.
  • Jeffrey Sterling: revealing classified information about the CIA’s effort to disrupt Iran’s nuclear program to a journalist. 3 and a half year prison sentence.
  • Shamai Leibowitz: leaked classified to an anti-Israel blogger. 20 months in prison.
  • Former CIA official John Kiriakou: leaked the name a former colleague who interrogated detainees using harsh practices. 2 years in prison.

These come nowhere near what Clinton did.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Let's remember, I only posted the Comey quote to clarify what he said. He certainly did not say what bob paraphrased him as saying. He pretty much said the opposite.

It doesn't clarify anything since it was nothing more than a pack of lies. It was meant to deceive you believing what Clinton did was really no big deal. And that was rooted in his belief she had no intent to harm the nation. Well, there is no such standard for being guilty of mishandling classified. I gave you cases that support that.

Midnightrider

• David Petraeus: This was nowhere near the level of Clinton. He was spare prison because he made a plea deal. Nice to be an insider
  • John Deutch: He was pardoned by Clinton before they could prosecute him. Most certainly facing jail time. Again, nice to be an insider.
  • Naval reservist Bryan H. Nishimura: Found guilty of unauthorized removal and retention of classified materials and sentenced to two years of probation, a $7,500 fine
  • Stephen Kim: pleaded guilty in 2014 to disclosing a classified report on North Korea to Fox News reporter James Rosen. 13 months in prison.
  • Jeffrey Sterling: revealing classified information about the CIA’s effort to disrupt Iran’s nuclear program to a journalist. 3 and a half year prison sentence.
  • Shamai Leibowitz: leaked classified to an anti-Israel blogger. 20 months in prison.
  • Former CIA official John Kiriakou: leaked the name a former colleague who interrogated detainees using harsh practices. 2 years in prison.

These come nowhere near what Clinton did.
There is a common theme in those cases where a person got or faced jail time: they disclosed classified information to other parties, mainly the press. Comey addressed that in his statement and indicated that clinton didn't disclose anything to anyone, and certainly not intentionally. :shrug:

I'm not defending clinton, and thought the probably should have prosecuted her, but that stuff was addressed in Comey's statement.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There is a common theme in those cases where a person got or faced jail time: they disclosed classified information to other parties, mainly the press. Comey addressed that in his statement and indicated that clinton didn't disclose anything to anyone, and certainly not intentionally. :shrug:

I'm not defending clinton, and thought the probably should have prosecuted her, but that stuff was addressed in Comey's statement.
:killingme. ..not defending Clinton...:killingme

hotbikermama40

The commonality of the theme is still there, with one variation - Clinton most certainly did disclose, but to who? She couldn't possibly EVER know just who has received the information she sent in her emails, from her privately owned server. It would be like trying to trace raindrops back to their original clouds. IMHO, that it wasn't "intentional" makes it inexorably more frightening - and makes me SO much more grateful she did not win the election.

black dog

Free America

:lmao:

Hijinx

The commonality of the theme is still there, with one variation - Clinton most certainly did disclose, but to who? She couldn't possibly EVER know just who has received the information she sent in her emails, from her privately owned server. It would be like trying to trace raindrops back to their original clouds. IMHO, that it wasn't "intentional" makes it inexorably more frightening - and makes me SO much more grateful she did not win the election.

You are trying to say the smartest woman in the world was stupid???????

This_person

There is a common theme in those cases where a person got or faced jail time: they disclosed classified information to other parties, mainly the press.

Yeah, I remember the guy that had pictures of the submarine power plant on the phone he threw away disclosed his classified information to someone - the phone. In the dump.

Comey addressed that in his statement and indicated that clinton didn't disclose anything to anyone

So, she was e-mailing herself? Or, was the e-mail back and forth with others, on a non-secure server, of the top cabinet-level official and thus VERY likely to have hacking attempts and therefore the very reason WHY she can't do that?

Do you even read what you write?

Midnightrider

So it's exactly the same except for the fact that it's completely different :bigwhoop:

PsyOps

Pixelated

You refuse to understand that I give not one iota of credence to Comey's statement. The entire thing was rooted in a lie - that there was no intent by Clinton to disclose classified. Given the enormous amount of emails that were wiped from the server, it's impossible to make that determination. Given the likelihood that her server was hacked, much of that classified was disclosed. Given Clinton intentionally mishandled classified led to these things.

This neither here nor there... you are trying to make a distinction here, where there is only a distinction with no difference in the result - that there is likely a huge amount of classified information floating around out there because of Clinton's intentional mishandling of that classified.

If you believe Clinton was guilty and should have been prosecuted, then what are we debating here?

Midnightrider

You refuse to understand that I give not one iota of credence to Comey's statement. The entire thing was rooted in a lie - that there was no intent by Clinton to disclose classified. Given the enormous amount of emails that were wiped from the server, it's impossible to make that determination. Given the likelihood that her server was hacked, much of that classified was disclosed. Given Clinton intentionally mishandled classified led to these things.

This neither here nor there... you are trying to make a distinction here, where there is only a distinction with no difference in the result - that there is likely a huge amount of classified information floating around out there because of Clinton's intentional mishandling of that classified.

If you believe Clinton was guilty and should have been prosecuted, then what are we debating here?

The reality of Comey's statement, which was pretty far from what Bob had paraphrased it as. And the fact that Comey was probably right in his assessment that someone else accused of a similar breech would have faced administrative, not criminal punishment.