What a country

Wishbone

I can say it based on his antics over the years. He wasn't enforcing laws. He was enforcing a law the Supreme Court struck down. He was targeting people, unconstitutionally, based on race and/or nationality. He ignored a judge's order and continued to do so after being told to stop. I personally do not believe a county Sheriff should be allowed to disregard a judge's ruling, but maybe it's just me.

The judge who ruled on this was a woman and it happened during his trial, which are both facts found in the article in the OP.

Focusing on the Latinos isn't profiling, it's police work.

There aren't a lot of islandians and Japanese sneaking over the Mexican border.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just because a judge said it doesn't mean he's right.

Ask dred scot.

There legal.... and there's right.

But most on the far left believe their governments are infallible. That's why they want them invested with unlimited power and control and never question.

Wishbone

What about the Japanese interment?

What about "separate but equal" or the Bowers decisions?

You think they were right?

C'mon Commie boy.... according to you they were all right.

Chris0nllyn

And 7 ruled against Dred Scott... were they right?

What about the Japanese interment?

What about "separate but equal" or the Bowers decisions?

You think they were right?

C'mon Commie boy.... according to you they were all right.

At the time, yes. They were right. SCOTUS interprets laws and rules based on that. In retrospect, there are bad decisions made by SCOTUS, but in this case, I'm not willing to put it on the same level as the cases you mentioned.

I don't mind discussing this with you, but we could do without the "commie" reference.

I don't want any sheriff profiling anyone. Be it latino, black, or white

Wishbone

At the time, yes. They were right. SCOTUS interprets laws and rules based on that. In retrospect, there are bad decisions made by SCOTUS, but in this case, I'm not willing to put it on the same level as the cases you mentioned.

I don't mind discussing this with you, but we could do without the "commie" reference.

I don't want any sheriff profiling anyone. Be it latino, black, or white

Profiling isn't a bad thing.

You don't catch Costa Nostra at the Synagogue and looking for IRA members is pointless at a Japanese Bath House.

You find Illegal mexican and latino border jumpers by..... wait for it.... checking latinos!

Whoohoo!

Chris0nllyn

You don't catch Costa Nostra at the Synagogue and looking for IRA members is pointless at a Japanese Bath House.

You find Illegal mexican and latino border jumpers by..... wait for it.... checking latinos!

Whoohoo!

Possibly, except federal law prohibits that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Whoohoo!

Exactly. Only complete idiots (and commies ;-)) fail to grasp such an incredibly simple concept.

Hijinx

Exactly. Only complete idiots (and commies ;-)) fail to grasp such an incredibly simple concept.

Drive up Md. 210 between Accokeek and the Beltway and see what happens when the police have to fill out profile reports.
Speed limits don't mean anything there nor does reckless driving.

If profiling is against Federal law then the federal law is wrong.

I know I know, the poor picked on people who are profiled are perfectly lawful, and shining citizens.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It certainly is the point. He's time and time again shown that he believes he is above the law. That he is the law.

He ignored a judge's direction and what happened to him would have happened to anyone else who ignored judge's orders.

I see... so a judges orders are above the law. I guess two wrongs do make it right... or something like that. Did occur to you that the judge got it wrong? Did it occur to you that judges also must enforce the law, and not create law from the bench? We get your hate for cops, but my God, how do you condemn one while ignoring the other for doing essentially the same thing?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Possibly, except federal law prohibits that.

Federal law also prohibits people coming into this country without a legal reason; which liberal judges, mayors, governors, and our last president (all people who took an oath to support and defend) decided to ignore.

Hijinx

Federal law also prohibits people coming into this country without a legal reason; which liberal judges, mayors, governors, and our last president (all people who took an oath to support and defend) decided to ignore.

That's going to be a tough one for her to answer.