What do you think about Police checking for unlocked vehicles at your home?

Restitution

Here take a look at what the good citizens of Harford County say on the sheriff's Facebook page. And the Dept posted a picture of a deputy standing on private property checking a auto.

And I'm sure all of the good posting people made the same LEAP that you did. Letting their imaginations run away with them and think that deputy just opened it up, sat down, smoked a cigar, searched the whole thing for WMDs, ate a donut, then left. Amiright?

Restitution

Like I said, if you think this ok and within the law, head over to your local LE Dept and do a car check yourself.. don't be a pu$$y.. go show that your right..
I bet you get your pic in the paper,,,, under Police Beat..

I can see the headline now....

"MAN ARRESTED FOR LOOKING INTO POLICE CAR........ NEWS AT 11!!!" :killingme

black dog

Free America
And I'm sure all of the good posting people made the same LEAP that you did. Letting their imaginations run away with them and think that deputy just opened it up, sat down, smoked a cigar, searched the whole thing for WMDs, ate a donut, then left. Amiright?

If your good with LE coming of private property for absolutely no reason at all but to check you autos door locks, good on you..
Next time your in a 7/11 parking lot and a LEO pulls in, wait untill he's at the register and casually walk over and start trying to open all his car doors... I bet you don't make it to the second door...
But you don't have the stones to do a cruiser check...
Because you know what will happen...

Restitution

Next time your in a 7/11 parking lot and a LEO pulls in, wait untill he's at the register and casually walk over and start trying to open all his car doors... I bet you don't make it to the second door...

Still waiting for that link about how the officer in the referenced story actually opened the door(s) or got into the vehicle.... :tap:

officeguy

I can see the headline now....

"MAN ARRESTED FOR LOOKING INTO POLICE CAR........ NEWS AT 11!!!" :killingme

Actually, I can see that headline. Except that the door-checker had to get his nose broken first 'four your protection and mine' and would be arrested for 'disturbing the peace' or some other bull#### charge.

black dog

Free America
Still waiting for that link about how the officer in the referenced story actually opened the door(s) or got into the vehicle.... :tap:

It doesn't matter, and I don't believe that I have said that Harford Sheriff's Dept entered any autos. clearly on the Facebook page is a picture of a Deputy trespassing on private property for starters. And with that If a Deputy grabs a door handle and the door pops open on private property it's now criminal trespass. It's as simple as that..
We all know that on every car the door handles were pulled, it's faster, easier and instantly positive if the unlocked or locked.
Try it out on a police car parking lot and see if it works, you don't have to grab the door handles, wait until dark and use a flashlight.
Bring bail...