What does POACRE and The SOPRANO's have in common?

Should the POACRE Covenants be vacated?

• yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdsulhoff

The BOD had no right to do what they did! What you wrote in the paper is completely your freedom of speech and for them to try to bully you this way in my opinion is unlawful! I hope the letter from the BOD don't cost you your job.

exnodak

Is your work somehow privy to confidential information about CRE or did you use your job in some way to get information from them? I don't get it, this is so CORRUPT! I think we should protest to have the entire board revamped!

I guess I would be able to understand better if I knew what they were talking about....what did you write?

I have become a recognized critic of POACRE and Calvert County Government. I am very accessible to the entire community. Those two things make me a dumping point for all of the documents that people believe will help correct the problems of CRE. I am also an obsessive complusive researcher.

I am applying those documents now to show that POACRE is only an amenities management board. They are not a quasi-town council. They try to exert influence and powers that they simply don't have and keep getting in trouble for it. The County is just as guilty for propping them up as a puppet quasi-government to use as a political insulator.

If I had a family here I wouldn't dream of doing any of this. I knew they would come after me with everything they have. This business is not for the weak of nerve or heart.

sinwagon

I have become a recognized critic of POACRE and Calvert County Government. I am very accessible to the entire community. Those two things make me a dumping point for all of the documents that people believe will help correct the problems of CRE. I am also an obsessive complusive researcher.

I am applying those documents now to show that POACRE is only an amenities management board. They are not a quasi-town council. They try to exert influence and powers that they simply don't have and keep getting in trouble for it. The County is just as guilty for propping them up as a puppet quasi-government to use as a political insulator.

If I had a family here I wouldn't dream of doing any of this. I knew they would come after me with everything they have. This business is not for the weak of nerve or heart.

Yeah well I have an issue. I got a bill for $1200 in dues which is this year, last year and the year before. I know I still owe last year and I do owe this year, but the year prior to that I PAID! They say they have no proof of paying and want me to submit proof by cancelled check, however I no longer have that check book.

I do NOT want to pay the remaining dues until this is rectified but we all know....If I had not paid 2 years ago, they would have filed against me in court by now!

deemerma

Boring Boring Boring......who cares!!!! CRE is a huge dump and sespool....You people are quite annoying on the boards. Can't you please keep it on Becky's Loser Corkboard???

I don't even know where this place is, I live in my own private H-E-double hockey sticks in Waldorf, but for goodness sake, if you're going to try to insult people at least do it intelligently--it's cesspool you donkey's behind!

To the person who is being harassed, and you are being harassed, what did your employer have to say? Are they supporting you? Private life and work life have a right to be separate, though it often isn't so, but no one has the right to infringe upon your right to employment by sabotaging you, especially with information regarding an act you committed that is NOT illegal, immoral or otherwise unsavory. (No, informing others of the truth is not unsavory even if done in poor taste--we are in AMERICA people!) From what I have understood in my 4+ years as a homeowner, active with the Neighborhood Association, the Board works for the homeowners and has no power or authority to admonish the residents for their thoughts, opinions or expressions thereof, nor does any other citizen--again, AMERICA people! It is just a pity that your place of employment seems to be tied to the BOD somehow and they are privy to your personal information more so than in other Associations/situations. SHAME ON YOU CRE Board et al!

Black-Francis

I don't even know where this place is, I live in my own private H-E-double hockey sticks in Waldorf, but for goodness sake, if you're going to try to insult people at least do it intelligently--it's cesspool you donkey's behind!

To the person who is being harassed, and you are being harassed, what did your employer have to say? Are they supporting you? Private life and work life have a right to be separate, though it often isn't so, but no one has the right to infringe upon your right to employment by sabotaging you, especially with information regarding an act you committed that is NOT illegal, immoral or otherwise unsavory. (No, informing others of the truth is not unsavory even if done in poor taste--we are in AMERICA people!) From what I have understood in my 4+ years as a homeowner, active with the Neighborhood Association, the Board works for the homeowners and has no power or authority to admonish the residents for their thoughts, opinions or expressions thereof, nor does any other citizen--again, AMERICA people! It is just a pity that your place of employment seems to be tied to the BOD somehow and they are privy to your personal information more so than in other Associations/situations. SHAME ON YOU CRE Board et al!

Oh look it's the spelling police!

deemerma

I see you are a big fan of the run-on sentence Ms. MPD. Is that "Little Ms. Dic" for short?

HA :jet: I set myself up for that one!

I almost said, "forgive me for the run-ons, but that's how I think..." But, I realized no one cares, just like no one cares that you said sespool, I was just messing with you since you were so crabby to the other people! :neener:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady

I just read your article. It is quite excellent. :yay:

daisy

I am sure that it doesn't even need to be said, as you are probably already taking action, but I would ABSOLUTELY be going after POACRE with at LEAST a defamation of character type suit! I'm not a lawyer, and not very schooled in these matters, but as I see it at the very least they have attempted to take away credibility from you at your workplace. Its sick the "power" that some people think they have. (please excuse all of the run-ons in here...I'm pre-coffee, and waaaaaaaay too lazy to re-read and fix them).

R

residentofcre

OK... I usually don't write as a Board Member ..... and as usual I have to say that I have not discussed what I am writing here with the rest of the Board.... I was not at the meeting during which they decided to write the letter... [I was tied up in Greenbelt and didn't get back to Lusby until after 8PM]... but I was informed before the letter was delivered... in this case tho... I need to write this as a sole Board Member... this does not mean that the Board does or does not see things exactly as I do... the usually don't as a matter of fact.... that said....

I agree that George had every right to write the letter.
I agree that George has every right to post to these forums.
George is a member of POACRE and he has every right to express his views.

The morning the letter came out in the paper, there was a Roads Committee meeting at CRE. I am the liaison to the Roads Committee. I had the rare opportunity to attend the daytime meeting and decided to do so.

When I walked in the door I was invited to leave because a member on the Roads Committee [who also happens to be a member on the Water Company Board] doesn't like what I write.... ironic huh....

Of course the letter became a topic of discussion. George is well known in the community. The topic was controversial. Two past POACRE presidents were in the room and they had several issues with it.

I said in that meeting [once the topic was opened] that George has every right to write a letter to the editor. I then asked Kermit Dyke about the issues George sited. Kermit said that George was "80-90%" factually correct. The details where he was mistaken, however, are key.

My suggestion at this point, as a Board Member, is that we should go into the archives, pull out the ballots and clarify the issues.

Now to the letter from the POACRE Board.... I read it before it was sent to the Water Company Board. Even if I didn't approve of it, my vote would have been in a minority. I read the intent very clearly. The letter says that George should not be writing it as the Manager of the Water Company. [He wrote it as a member, not as Manager]

The letter says that he should have brought his opinion and questions to the Board. I agree.

The letter calls for us to work as a community instead of two seperate entities. I agree.

As a member of the Water Company [which I am because I pay for water just as George pays Association dues] I would have a problem if George is writing to the forums or composing a letter to the editor while on the clock. I would have a problem with improper use of the computer. I don't have a problem if he's doing it on his time.

But, bottom line....In my opinion, George has every right to write a letter or post to the forums.

The membership of POACRE and the Water Company have every right to hear both sides of the story.

I approved of the letter because the intent as I read it is "let's all be professional".

OH and George... Frank Simpson wrote me a similar letter years ago when I started working on looking for better ways to pay for the upkeep of roads.... I know how you feel.... The Corkboard is open to you... and all are welcome to join....

Last edited by a moderator:

tommyjones

OK... I usually don't write as a Board Member ..... and as usual I have to say that I have not discussed what I am writing here with the rest of the Board.... I was not at the meeting during which they decided to write the letter... [I was tied up in Greenbelt and didn't get back to Lusby until after 8PM]... but I was informed before the letter was delivered... in this case tho... I need to write this as a sole Board Member... this does not mean that the Board does or does not see things exactly as I do... the usually don't as a matter of fact.... that said....

The morning the letter came out in the paper, there was a Roads Committee meeting at CRE. I am the liaison to the Roads Committee. I had the rare opportunity to attend the daytime meeting and decided to do so.

When I walked in the door I was invited to leave because a member on the Roads Committee [who also happens to be a member on the Water Company Board] doesn't like what I write.... ironic huh....

Of course the letter became a topic of discussion. George is well known in the community. The topic was controversial. Two past POACRE presidents were in the room and they had several issues with it.

I said in that meeting [once the topic was opened] that George has every right to write a letter to the editor. I then asked Kermit Dyke about the issues George sited. Kermit said that George was "80-90%" factually correct. The details where he was mistaken, however, are key.

My suggestion at this point, as a Board Member, is that we should go into the archives, pull out the ballots and clarify the issues.

Now to the letter from the POACRE Board.... I read it before it was sent to the Water Company Board. Even if I didn't approve of it, my vote would have been in a minority. I read the intent very clearly. The letter says that George should not be writing it as the Manager of the Water Company. [He wrote it as a member, not as Manager]

The letter says that he should have brought his opinion and questions to the Board. I agree.

The letter calls for us to work as a community instead of two seperate entities. I agree.

As a member of the Water Company [which I am because I pay for water just as George pays Association dues] I would have a problem if George is writing to the forums or composing a letter to the editor while on the clock. I would have a problem with improper use of the computer. I don't have a problem if he's doing it on his time.

But, bottom line....In my opinion, George has every right to write a letter or post to the forums.

The membership of POACRE and the Water Company have every right to hear both sides of the story.

I approved of the letter because the intent as I read it is "let's all be professional".

OH and George... Frank Simpson wrote me a similar letter years ago when I started working on looking for better ways to pay for the upkeep of roads.... I know how you feel.... The Corkboard is open to you... and all are welcome to join....

when was the meeting where the letter was drafted/ decided on?

Who was in attendance?

what was the vote?

when was the meeting called?

was noticed posted of this meeting and its agenda?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
May I just be frank here?

One of the things I dislike about HOA and am thrilled we don't have one in our neighborhood is that they typically consist of a pack of control freaks who think they rule the world just because they're on a piddling HOA board that doesn't mean a hill of ####.

I think it took raging balls to even think of a letter like that, not to mention actually vote to draft and send it. If they'd sent the letter directly to Ex, that would be one thing. But to send it to his employer and suggest that they punish him is just beyond belief.

If it were me, I would be talking to a lawyer.

baydoll

For what it's worth, what they (the bod) did to George, (as disgusting and dirty as it was) is an EXCELLENT opportunity/window into which everyone can now see just who, exactly, makes up this ohhowcanIputthisnicely THUGS R US INCORP. characters that make up and run our CRE BOD REALLY are. :burning:

Unflippin'believable!

And now Becky's trying to ohso slyly suggest that George is the one in the wrong?

Becky, have you no shame? (apparently not.)

nomoney

Was a letter sent to his home address? Why send the letter to his employer? What good could that do?