What happens when you elect progressives

Hijinx

Psy is a dude? You sure about that?

:popcorn:

People like Liberty Beacon and Midnight Rider are the reason that the manufacturers of lawnmowers have to put a sign on them saying to keep your hands and feet out from under the machine. Or a sign on a muffler saying "hot".

Midnightrider

WTF do you insist on thinking every comment made is a specific and all inclusive rather than a median? Do you really think that anyone believes there are NEVER any protest about violence in general? So to clear this up for you... he was speaking specifically and directly about New York and the FACT that the current NY administartion allowed the 1000s of protesters ranting about the injustices of the 1% were ALLOWED to take over entire streets and the bridge which fueled the inaccurate focus on where the outrage should be.
You might want to check into the number 'stop the violence' marches have been done in NYC. His comments are nothing but talking point BS equivalence that attempts to distract from the issues. You might not agree, but black people in NYC believe there is a problem. They have every right to demonstrate against that problem whether or not you agree.
He sounds stupid spewing facts and statistics?

Um, hate to break it to you but *he* isn't the stupid one, dear.

Yep he sounds stupid, just like he did on meet the press. His comments ignore he reality that blacks routinely protest and march over violence in general. How the police treat blacks is a different issue. You can argue the degree or even existence of either of those things, but the are they are disparate issues.

limblips

PREMO Member
And he sounds just as stupid spewing that ignorant crap as he did a couple weeks ago on meet the press. The reality is that 'they' protest black on black violence all the time. It takes a little digging because of all the 'black lives matter' protests going on now, but every city seems to have had marches against violence. This isn't a new thing. The issues are different but they are not mutually exclusive.
Here is a recent march against violence:

http://wtkr.com/2014/12/13/norfolk-natives-march-against-violence/comment-page-1/

Yep, that protest had less than 50 participants. There were 34 murders in Norfolk in 2013. It is all available on line if you possibly would like to check your information.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The reality is that 'they' protest black on black violence all the time. It takes a little digging because of all the 'black lives matter' protests going on now

Do you even read what you write before you hit the post button?

"They do this all the time. You just have to dig to find it because they do that so much more frequently and in greater numbers."

Duh.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
People like Liberty Beacon and Midnight Rider are the reason that the manufacturers of lawnmowers have to put a sign on them saying to keep your hands and feet out from under the machine. Or a sign on a muffler saying "hot".

And you are the reason post-natal abortions ought to be legal and in fact mandatory.

SG_Player1974

The answer is simple....

Blacks rail against the 1% of white-on-black and/or police-on-black crime because, to admit the alternative would be admitting that they are ignorant to their own values. Admitting that black-on-black crime is in fact that vastly larger problem with black America would totally void their own arguments and put people like Sharpton, Jackson, and even Obama's high morale views of the black community into perspective.

200 year old actions and political correctness to a fault has given this problem it's full head of steam.

Those that do speak up about the true problem with black america are often criticized and ostracized by their own. It is easier to point the finger at someone other than yourself.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Do you even read what you write before you hit the post button?

"They do this all the time. You just have to dig to find it because they do that so much more frequently and in greater numbers."

Duh.

Have you ever used a search engine before? The 'black lives matter' protests have been recent and there are a lot of stories at the top of the list. If you dig even a little you will find plenty of protests to 'stop the violence' going on for years. Give it a try.

Maybe you should try reading what I actually write instead of making up quotes and then responding to what you want me to have said :bigwhoop:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe you should try reading what I actually write instead of making up quotes and then responding to what you want me to have said :bigwhoop:

Doll, I quoted you exactly - with the quote feature and everything. Don't blame me because you write stupid things.

PsyOps

Pixelated
OK dude. They are your words. You should at least try to own them.

Carry on then.

I'm not playing your stupid little games of "prove who you are". The thread is about progressivism and the effects of it on communities and society in general. Does it work? Do we really want people in elected office that only serve specific groups? Do we want people that take sides when they should remain neutral? Do we want people that are more interested in creating division and animosity towards each other? This is what we get with people like Obama and de Blasio. And it seems a lot of folks are experiencing voter’s remorse.

Now, do you care to have a discussion about THAT or are you more interested in talking about my experiences and what I know or don’t know? If it’s the latter, please start your own thread.

LibertyBeacon

I'm not playing your stupid little games of "prove who you are". The thread is about progressivism and the effects of it on communities and society in general. Does it work? Do we really want people in elected office that only serve specific groups? Do we want people that take sides when they should remain neutral? Do we want people that are more interested in creating division and animosity towards each other? This is what we get with people like Obama and de Blasio. And it seems a lot of folks are experiencing voter’s remorse.

Now, do you care to have a discussion about THAT or are you more interested in talking about my experiences and what I know or don’t know? If it’s the latter, please start your own thread.

Still failing to own your words. Here is your quote:

Is the city of New York going to learn their lesson that electing these very progressive despots is not good for them?

I think asking how you know what *is* good for NYC is a valid question before addressing the rest of your drivel.

It has nothing to do with you as a person or your life experiences, which I am sure are vast.

Answer or not.

LibertyBeacon

And for all the lip service you people pay to lamenting divide and conquer, divisiveness, etc., you sure do spend an awful lot of time putting people into various buckets, e.g., conservatives, liberals, progressives, neocon, etc., etc..

You don't see that you are part of the problem you pretend that you otherwise object to?

Odd, that.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think asking how you know what *is* good for NYC is a valid question before addressing the rest of your drivel.

It has nothing to do with you as a person or your life experiences, which I am sure are vast.

Answer or not.

Your only interest in this forum is to attack people on here rather than have a rational, respectful discussion. Your reputation is secure, so stop working so hard to maintain it.

I think progressivism is destructive for society. There's your answer. I'm not answering any of your ignorant questions directed at me, my experiences, where I've lived, and what I know on a personal level. It's not relevant. I started this thread to have a discussion about progressivism and its effects on society. If you’re not interested in having that discussion, then go start your own bashing psy thread.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And for all the lip service you people pay to lamenting divide and conquer, divisiveness, etc., you sure do spend an awful lot of time putting people into various buckets, e.g., conservatives, liberals, progressives, neocon, etc., etc..

You don't see that you are part of the problem you pretend that you otherwise object to?

Odd, that.

Well, God forbid we actually have an opinion on things based on our own philosophies. Do you have an opinion on anything other than just outright disagreeing with everyone?