What is Islam?

meelak

Kain99 said:
Lets Break It down!

About Those Annoying Non-Believers (Infidels, Pagans, Jews, Christians, etc.)

Qur’an 9:123 “murder them and treat them harshly”
Qur’an 3.28 Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
NOTE: By ‘guarding carefully’, a Muslim should deceive the infidel. Acting as a friend is fine as long as it is to benefit the Muslim and protect Islam.

Qur’an 3:56 “As for those disbelieving infidels, I will punish them with a terrible agony in this world and the next. They have no one to help or save them.”

Qur’an 4.89 They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Qur’an 5:51 “Muslims, do not make friends with any but your own people.”

Qur’an 5:72 “They are surely infidels who say; ‘God is the Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.”

Qur’an 8:12 cp. 8:60 “Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers”; “smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them”

Qur’an 2:191 “...kill the disbelievers wherever we find them”

Qur’an 9.33 He it is Who sent His Apostle with guidance and the religion of truth, that He might cause it to prevail over all religions.

Qur’an 2:193 “And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah”

Qur’an 8:71 And if they intend to act unfaithfully towards you, so indeed they acted unfaithfully towards Allah before, but He GAVE YOU MASTERY OVER THEM

Qur’an 8:55 Surely the vilest of animals in Allah’s sight are those who disbelieve.

Qur’an 22:19-22 “fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem” “for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods”

Qur’an 48:13 Those who “believe not in Allah and His Messenger, He has prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire!”

Qur’an 3:54 “‘Lord, we believe in Your revelations (the Torah and Gospels) and follow this Apostle (Jesus). Enroll us among the witnesses.’ But the Christians contrived a plot and Allah did the same; but Allah’s plot was the best.”

Qur’an 8:12 “Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: ‘I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.”

Qur’an 8:58 “If you apprehend treachery from any group on the part of a people (with whom you have a treaty), retaliate by breaking off (relations) with them. The infidels should not think they can bypass (Islamic law or the punishment of Allah). Surely they cannot escape.”

Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels (non-Muslims) out to the last.’”

Qur’an 8:39 “So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.”

Qur’an 8:59 “The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them. They are your enemy and Allah’s enemy.”

Qur’an 8:60 “Prepare against them (non-Muslims) whatever arms and cavalry you can muster that you may strike terror in the enemies of Allah (non-Muslims), and others besides them not known to you. Whatever you spend in Allah’s Cause will be repaid in full, and no wrong will be done to you.”

Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels (non-Muslims) out to the last.’”

Qur’an 4:101 “The unbelievers (non-Muslims) are your inveterate foe.”

Qur’an 8:60 “Prepare against them (non-Muslims) whatever arms and cavalry you can muster that you may strike terror in the enemies of Allah (non-Muslims), and others besides them not known to you. Whatever you spend in Allah’s Cause will be repaid in full, and no wrong will be done to you.”

Kain,
I am going to respond to you with just one verse.

Qur'an 2:190 "Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not, aggressors."

As you can see from the verse above, the muslims are asked not to be the aggressors. But it is okay to fight against those who fight against you based on righteousness. If somebody comes into your house and try to overpower you, of course you are going to fight them and it is your moral duty to defend at that time. But what you have to understand is that fighting is allowed when it is instilled upon you and you were not the aggressor.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
abdulhaqq said:
Dear 2nd Amendment,

My purpose in criticizing Christian Theology wasn't to make you feel bad about your religion because you have certain beliefs that are rationally indefensible, but to show that every religion has aspects of faith and reason.

There is absolutely no doubt, according to historians, that Islam is entirely comaptible wtih reason and Western civilization. The sheer fact that so many Western scientists, philosophers, and thinkers have consistently looked to Islam and Muslims for intellectual assistance shows that a peaceful synthesis is possible.

I've already given you a reference to Harry Wolfson's "The Philosophy of the Kalam" which is an extensive exposition between the philosohical contributions between Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
http://www.muslimphilosophy.com/books/kalam.pdf

Here is another reference to the contribution of Muslims scholars and theologians to Western philosophy:
Among Western scholars of the history of philosophy, interest in and concern with medieval Islamic and Jewish tinkers is fairly recent. The traditional history of Western thought has usually held that it emerged from Greco-Roman thought, with the Islamic and Jewish thinkers functioning at best as middlemen, translating Hellenic and Hellenistic texts and commenting on them for the benefit of Christian medieval thinkers. The Islamic and Jewish thinkers were hardly considered important figures in their own right, except for Maimonides, who has been a most important and most problematic figure in Jewish thought for almost eight centuries. In recent decades, more and more scholars with the necessary linguistic training have been examining the achievements of Muslim and Jewish intellectuals from 800 onward. They are examining them both in their own right as significant thinkers and as important influences on later Western European thought. It is gradually being realized that a significant part of Western intellectual heritage relies upon the philosophical works of the Islamic world, and that developments in Muslim Spain from the tenth through the twelfth centuries played a major role in the development of Western philosophy. Critical editions of Muslim and Jewish texts have been published as well as translations of many of them into modern Western languages. One instance of the influence of these thinkers on later European ones is that seventeenth-century scholars such as G.W. Leibniz, Nicolas Malebranche, and Pierre Bayle are known to have read Maimonides in Latin and learned of al-Ghazali's occasionalism there.
-p 143 of "The Columbia Encyclopedia of Western Philosophy" -

As for everyone else, you're smear tactics have already been consistently addressed over and over in this thread. You cannot denigrate over 1.4 billion people on the actions of the few. If you don't feel that Muslims aren't doing enough to combat violence and other social ills in their communities, that is your personal opinion. It is not a historical fact. Throughout this thread, I have given reference to only articles, books, and major thinkers/scholars. Whereas the evidence that some of you have alluded to is either inconclusive, misinterpreted, xenophobic, or just weak.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq
I would beg to differ. You say my faith is irrational. That is extremely deriding. I do not feel bad about my personal relationship with God at all. I would rather put my faith in God, Jesus, rather than a man, Mohamed.

I thought it was 1.8 billion? Now it is 1.4? Where did the other 400 million go? You are loosing followers fast aren't you?

As an American, I defend your right to be a Muslim and to speak openly. As a Christian, I completely reject Islam.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I have no doubt that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. It is prophesied that satan and his followers will dominate the world and persecute Christians. It has to happen. Be careful whose side you are on.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I now leave this thread.

May God bless all, even my enemies and those I disagree with, the enlightenment to see His Truth. Jesus is the son of man, begotten by God, God in the flesh, the Savior of mankind, the judge of all things, my Savior and Lord.

meelak

Kain99 said:
Qur’an 9.28 O you who believe! the idolaters are nothing but unclean, so they shall not approach the Sacred Mosque (Mecca) after this year; and if you fear poverty then Allah will enrich you out of His grace if He please; surely Allah is Knowing Wise.

Qur’an 9.29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Qur’an 9.30 And the Jews say: Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

Qur’an 47:4 “Strike off the heads of the disbelievers”; and after making a “wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives.”

Kain,
It is very bad and low of the lowest to misquote the scripture. Here are the same verses you quoted above,

9:28 O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.

This verse refers to the idolators and not the christians or the jews.

9:29 Reason against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the religion of truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.

Reasoning, debating, challenging is also a form of non-physical fight that people can undertake to share the message. And the verse says only against some among the people who have been given the scripture. In other words, some among the christians or the jews or the muslims there are people who do not follow the god - and to them you have to reason.

9:30 The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

When god sends the scripture with the criterion of the right and the wrong and they go against god and call the mortal human beings as god - then god's wrath will be upon them. What is wrong in that.

47:4 Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens. That (is the ordinance). And if Allah willed He could have punished them (without you) but (thus it is ordained) that He may try some of you by means of others. And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain.

47:4 is a long verse and how conveniently you just pasted the portion you wanted people to see. This verse clearly says, when you meet in the battle - you see how the verse asks muslims to use grace or ransom after the war. Also, when you read the verses - read them in context. If you just isolate a verse by itself and read you will be missing the context.

abdulhaqq

2ndAmendment said:
I would beg to differ. You say my faith is irrational. That is extremely deriding. I do not feel bad about my personal relationship with God at all. I would rather put my faith in God, Jesus, rather than a man, Mohamed.

I thought it was 1.8 billion? Now it is 1.4? Where did the other 400 million go? You are loosing followers fast aren't you?

As an American, I defend your right to be a Muslim and to speak openly. As a Christian, I completely reject Islam.

Dear 2nd Amendment

At least we agree on something. As an American, I too would defend your right to be a Christian, but as a Muslim, I don't accept the divinity of Jesus and I accept all prophets.

With regards to jihad, I already addressed the claims of pushrod and kain from the beginning of this thread.

The concept of jihad is analagous to St. Augustine's theory of "Just War". Islam doesn't allow the taking of life except in two circumstances: when a person commits a crime and when their is oppression or aggression against your state. With regards to the former, only the state can prosecute individuals and must grant them due process. Interestingly enough, I have a law review article from a professor who shows that the Anglo-saxon legal concept of "Trial by Jury" and "presumption of innocence" comes from the Maliki school of law. If anyone is interested in reading this article, PM me and I'll send you the link and if you have a lexis nexis account, you'll be able to access it.

With regards to warfare, Islam permits warfare. I never denied that. However, Islam also regulates it. In Islam, one is allowed to fight to defend one's homeland. One is also allowed to declare war to fight oppression in other lands. The reason why Muslims entered into regions of the world such as Syria, Egypt, India and Spain was because people were being oppressed and requested the help of Muslims. In fact, in 'The Decline and Fall of the Ottoman Empire" by Palmer, the author notes that the reasons why Muslims chose to enter Austria-hungary was because a local ruler had requested such assistance against another rule because he was oppressing his people.

However, even though warfare is permitted in Islam, there are many restrictions on it. One such restriction is the prohibition on killing innocents and destroying property and committing suicide. This is why a person needs to make a distinction between 'jihad' and 'terrorism'. Jihad linguistically and legally can mean many things. It can be construed as a spiritual struggle against satan in one's mind, it can be the spiritual struggle against one's own desires to do wrong, it can be an intellectual struggle to proselytize people through reasoning and debate, or it can be a physical struggle to defend one's territory or to eliminate oppression. Thus, the war on terrorism can be construed as a 'jihad' because its a war to defend people's homelands and to elminate oppression.

With regards to the verses that you quoted, I posted an article by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf that gave the Muslim view on these sorts of verses. Firstly, I would like to ask which translation of the Qur'an you used because I noticed immediately that you had mistranslated some verses. Secondly, a lot of these verses were taken out of context and the entire verse wasn't quoted. Thirdly, these verses were revealed at a time when Muslims were at war with other people.

I hope that answers your questions.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

Hessian

Again...smoke & mirrors...

abdulhaqq said:
Charity in Islam

Those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah and do not follow up their spending by stressing their benevolence and causing hurt, will find their reward secure with their Lord. They have no cause for fear and grief. (Qur'an)

To speak a kind word and to forgive people's faults is better than charity followed by hurt. Allah is All-Sufficient, All-Forbearing. (Qur'an)

The Prophet said: If any Muslim plants something or sows seed from which a man, a bird or an animal eats, it counts as a charity for him.

How much $$ flowed into the Tsunami zone from America? Billions.
How much came in from Moslem countries: a trickle.
Tell me all about your charity...you won't even give to fellow moslems in need, instead, there was a condemnation of the dead because they were catering to western tourists and thus Allah punished them.

Very charitable.

abdulhaqq

Hessian said:
How much $$ flowed into the Tsunami zone from America? Billions.
How much came in from Moslem countries: a trickle.
Tell me all about your charity...you won't even give to fellow moslems in need, instead, there was a condemnation of the dead because they were catering to western tourists and thus Allah punished them.

Very charitable.

Dear Hessian

Again, you're ignorance reveals itself. In Maryland alone, countless Muslim organizations, Mosques, and student organizations held tsunami fundraising dinner.

One of my dear friends from the Muslim civil rights organization CAIR quit his job as director of the Maryland chapter and formed a humanitiarian organization to help his countrymen in Sri Lanka.

Please remove head from sphincter when making claims without any evidence.

Here is a news clip just from Saudi Arabia:

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudis streamed into a stadium to load bundles of clothes into trucks and stuff glass boxes with cash Thursday as the government launched a public campaign to help southeast Asian tsunami victims.

The stadium was the heart of a live national telethon that raised $67.4 million in 11 hours, of which King Fahd donated [a measly] $5.3 million and Crown Prince Abdullah donated [a despicable] $1.3 million, according to Saudi television.

Thats 11 hours my friend and only one country.

You've also clearly never heard of the nationwide 'Fast a thon' which is held by Muslim Student organizations all over the country:

More than 250 colleges are expected to participate this year in a Fast-a-thon, a one-day event for non-Muslim and Muslim students to draw attention to world hunger and raise money for local food banks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15079909/site/newsweek/

Also, when I was a teacher at a private Islamic school in Baltimore, my students did a food drive the proceeds of which went to the Maryland Food Bank. When we dropped off the food, their representative told us that this was the most food any private school in Maryland has donated.

Please educate yourself more about current events. You make yourself look ignorant when you don't.

Our religion has mandated charity, its one of the five pillars.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

Last edited:

abdulhaqq

BS Gal said:
I think you should all just go have a beer together.

Dear BS Gal

Muslims aren't allowed to consume substances that affect one's intellect so we aren't allowed to take drugs or consume alcohol.

I wouldn't mind some tea though.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
abdulhaqq said:
Dear BS Gal

Muslims aren't allowed to consume substances that affect one's intellect so we aren't allowed to take drugs or consume alcohol.

I wouldn't mind some tea though.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

This brings to mind the liquor-store ownership issue, but that's probably a different thread for a different day.

:peace:

BS Gal

Last edited:

abdulhaqq

BS Gal said:
This brings to mind the liquor-store ownership issue, but that's probably a different thread for a different day.

Dear BS Gal,

There are good Muslims and bad Muslims. Its important to make a distinction between Islam and Muslims.

Some Catholics molest children, that doesn't mean all Catholic priests do nor does that mean Catholicism does either. My best friend is a Catholic and I'd take a base ball bat to the head for him.

I'm just trying to help people broaden their horizons a little.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

AliSamana

Homesick said:
Why all of a sudden are you people coming out of the woodwork 1. like a bunch roaches...or are you all one in the same? Whatever, I see your agenda.

Too, 2. why do you say brother/sister to some here and not 2A? You live here in this country and do not consider him your brother? You say you want peace. Yeah right.

3. And by the way, the only views I care to see from a muslim at this point in time is you people gathering together ( as you are here ) kicking some muslim butts of those that are killing innocent people![/QUOTE]

1. Thanks, I love talking to geiuses like you!
2. Come sit through a Friday prayer, everyone is referred to as Brother of Sister, even non-muslims.
3. How about us muslims serving in the Military? care to hear our opinion?
"In the United States, Islam is the fastest growing religion, a trend fueled mostly by immigration. There are 5 million to 7 million Muslims in the United States. They make up between 10,000 and 20,000 members of the American military." (http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/n10042001_200110043.html)

meelak

Pushrod said:
How can you claim that Islam does not condone terrorism when Kaine's posts of excerpts from the Qur'an expressly call for terrorism against non-Muslims;

And are you trying to befriend us Infidels now as to this edict of the Qu'ran?:

Don't ignore these passages for the more noble ones. The Qu'ran does preach violence in plenty against non-Muslims, you can't deny that and you can't pick and choose which parts you want to present. Your making yourself look like you have an agenda against US (the so-called non-believers), a dishonest murderous agenda.

Tell us, what is your real feelings towards us infidels?

Your religion has done nothing to ease our distrust of you. As many have said in this thread, we don't see those billions of Muslims standing on the streets and crying out for the heads of all the Muslim terrorists! You state that Terrorism is a crime, why are your religious leaders not issuing fetwahs (sp?) against the known terrorists, and calling for all Muslims to come together to bring these so-called subversive individuals to justice?

You made a statement about Isreal not giving back the lands that they occupied after the war in the 1950's, and then tried to compare that to what Iraq did with it's invasion of Kuwait. You can't logically do that! Kuwait was not the aggressor as Isreal was not the Aggressor. If during the Iraq-Kuwait war, Kuwait had prevailed and occupied some of the aggressor's (Iraq's) territory, than it would have been deserved.
Also, Palestine was never a country, but a collection of immigrants settled on that land because no other Muslim country would have them.

Please address all of these points individually and not make some blanket statement on how peaceful your religion is.

Thank you.

Pushrod,
Here are some verses from the KJV version of the Bible.

Sam. 18 [18] And the LORD sent thee on a journey, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.

Neh. 4 [14] And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.

Pss.35 [1] Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.

Pss.144 [1] Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Isa 19 [2] And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

Ezra.13 [31] And one shall undertake to fight against another, one city against another, one place against another, one people against another, and one realm against another.

Ezra.15 [15] For the sword and their destruction draweth nigh, and one people shall stand up and fight against another, and swords in their hands.

1Mac.8 [10] And that they, having knowledge thereof sent against them a certain captain, and fighting with them slew many of them, and carried away captives their wives and their children, and spoiled them, and took possession of their lands, and pulled down their strong holds, and brought them to be their servants unto this day:

2Mac.15 [27] So that fighting with their hands, and praying unto God with their hearts, they slew no less than thirty and five thousand men: for through the appearance of God they were greatly cheered.

and I can quote several more. Basically, we have to understand that all the religions of god prescribe fighting to preserve the righteousness and for upholding the law of the land, stop mischief and for the common good. Just because a religion is prescribing fighting does not make it a bad religion. Some times we have to stand up for the better of the society. God is stern in punishment to the bad people and at the same time he is merciful to the good.

Hessian

abdulhaqq said:
Dear Hessian

Again, you're ignorance reveals itself. ......

Please remove head from sphincter when making claims without any evidence.

Here is a news clip just from Saudi Arabia:

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudis streamed into a stadium to load bundles of clothes into trucks and stuff glass boxes with cash Thursday as the government launched a public campaign to help southeast Asian tsunami victims.

The stadium was the heart of a live national telethon that raised $67.4 million in 11 hours, of which King Fahd donated [a measly] $5.3 million and Crown Prince Abdullah donated [a despicable] $1.3 million, according to Saudi television.

Thats 11 hours my friend and only one country.

Please educate yourself more about current events. You make yourself look ignorant when you don't.

Our religion has mandated charity, its one of the five pillars.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

Hey look, I just educated myself....
Luxembourg gave over 10 times more Oil rich Iran... :razz:
http://www.terradaily.com/2005/050111202740.q1bv4mcp.html

I guess Allah is gonna nail them with another e-quake because they haven't been holding up one of his pillars.

Will Allah spare Luxembourg the coming Jihad due to their generosity?

Last edited:

meelak

Pushrod said:
How can you claim that Islam does not condone terrorism when Kaine's posts of excerpts from the Qur'an expressly call for terrorism against non-Muslims;

And are you trying to befriend us Infidels now as to this edict of the Qu'ran?:

Don't ignore these passages for the more noble ones. The Qu'ran does preach violence in plenty against non-Muslims, you can't deny that and you can't pick and choose which parts you want to present. Your making yourself look like you have an agenda against US (the so-called non-believers), a dishonest murderous agenda.

Tell us, what is your real feelings towards us infidels?

Your religion has done nothing to ease our distrust of you. As many have said in this thread, we don't see those billions of Muslims standing on the streets and crying out for the heads of all the Muslim terrorists! You state that Terrorism is a crime, why are your religious leaders not issuing fetwahs (sp?) against the known terrorists, and calling for all Muslims to come together to bring these so-called subversive individuals to justice?

You made a statement about Isreal not giving back the lands that they occupied after the war in the 1950's, and then tried to compare that to what Iraq did with it's invasion of Kuwait. You can't logically do that! Kuwait was not the aggressor as Isreal was not the Aggressor. If during the Iraq-Kuwait war, Kuwait had prevailed and occupied some of the aggressor's (Iraq's) territory, than it would have been deserved.
Also, Palestine was never a country, but a collection of immigrants settled on that land because no other Muslim country would have them.

Please address all of these points individually and not make some blanket statement on how peaceful your religion is.

Thank you.

Pushrod,
Please do a google search and look at the map of Palestine before 1940s - you will known what I mean. They were not a bunch of immigrants. It was actually the other way. When Europe drew the jews out, the muslims in palestine opened their doors and shared their lands and slowly the jews started building smaller institutions to cater to the needs of the jews in Palestine funded by america and then they claimed sovereignity on the Palestine lands. Please go back and read history and have your facts right about Palestine. If somebody lets you stay in their house for some time - you cannot turn around and claim the house to be yours. That is morally incorrect.

Pushrod

Patriot
meelak said:
and I can quote several more. Basically, we have to understand that all the religions of god prescribe fighting to preserve the righteousness and for upholding the law of the land, stop mischief and for the common good. Just because a religion is prescribing fighting does not make it a bad religion. Some times we have to stand up for the better of the society. God is stern in punishment to the bad people and at the same time he is merciful to the good.

Meelak,
So you are saying you are at war with the non-Muslims, and this is the reason for the atrocities that we are seeing today? This I can believe.

You're still avoiding my question about why Islam as a whole (especially the leaders of the Muslim communities) haven't stood up and called for a Jihad against the so-called rogue Muslims giving the rest of you "good" Muslims a black eye with their terrorist actions against civilians, both Muslim and Infidel.

Also, I'm not trying to say Christianity is a better religion or makes more sense than the Islamic religion, I just don't see large factions of Christians out there bombing, beheading and otherwise murdering untold numbers of people at this time. And when a rogue group of non-Muslim people do commit such attrocities, you would see the entire christian/agnostic/atheist population come together to put a stop to it. I haven't seen that yet in the Muslim world.

I don't "hate" all Muslims, but right now I consider all Muslims my enemy. There is a distinction. If what you call the "vocal" minority ever ceases their rhetoric and makes peace with all religions\non-religions of the world and vows to live side by side with them without restrictions, and ceases this senseless TERRORISM, then they would cease to be my enemy.

Last edited:

Pushrod

Patriot
meelak said:
Pushrod,
Please do a google search and look at the map of Palestine before 1940s - you will known what I mean. They were not a bunch of immigrants. It was actually the other way. When Europe drew the jews out, the muslims in palestine opened their doors and shared their lands and slowly the jews started building smaller institutions to cater to the needs of the jews in Palestine funded by america and then they claimed sovereignity on the Palestine lands. Please go back and read history and have your facts right about Palestine. If somebody lets you stay in their house for some time - you cannot turn around and claim the house to be yours. That is morally incorrect.

Meelak,
Let me gather some information on this. I'm out of time for today, but I will get back to this tomorrow. It is an enlightening exchange.