What Is Mormonism? A Baptist Answer

fredcaudle

So we all came from the same breeding stock?? Shouldn't we all be drooling piles of idiots if that's TRULY the case? We'd all be inter-related after 6000 years.. Hell, it that was TRULY the case where we started out with just a single couple, we wouldn't have made it past 4 or 5 generations.. The Amish started out in the US with a lot more than a single couple and they have all kinds of interbreeding issues.. and that's been just a hundred or so years..

And where was EDEN?? Were Adam and Eve caucasoids?? Where did the white people come from?? How about the Chinese?? Japanese?? Korean?? African?? Explain that if we all came from the same two "parents" how did we end up with completely different races of people??

Jesus is GOD?? Jesus, the Son of God is GOD?? Are you your own grandpa too??
Answers to all your foolishness... yes.

As you believe so shall you be judged by God.

When you can answer all those questions without any religious propaganda at all... I will take you serious. You only know how to argue me, but you don't know how to share any non-religious conviction you have. Go get wise on your own thinking and share on this site and let us pick apart your "scripture".

tommyjones

You are only helping me at this point by bringing up these issues. The issue of change is with man - not the Bible. The Bible has stood in completed form for some 4,000 years (combined old and new testament) - over 40 plus authors - and no one has ever changed the meaning or teaching- and think of all the translations and yet the meaning remains the same.

People change daily... God doesn't. Agaiin, anyone can call themselves whatever they want. A Christ - ian (Christ follower) to God is someone who FOLLOWS Christ teaching. Even when the world says its "fundamental" or "narrow-minded" a Christ follower (Christian) remains true to God and His Anointed, Jesus Christ.

You know the Bible would not show God ordaining those of your questions... you only bring this up to go down yet another rabbit trail. Since God never changes... neither does His word.

You miss quoted and misunderstand. Jesus did NOT stone the adulteress... He said go and sin no more (i.e. change). Jesus is the atonement for sin... the "church" did not use the Bible to come up with that nonscense (i.e. God never spoke it so God never ordained that practice.)

Don't worry, you have 66 books in the Bible to find those "controversial little answers" to make the Christ - followers look foolish.

So we only have to follow the parts where its says "jesus says" to be christian?
that should shorten the bible alot.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Answers to all your foolishness... yes.

As you believe so shall you be judged by God.

When you can answer all those questions without any religious propaganda at all... I will take you serious. You only know how to argue me, but you don't know how to share any non-religious conviction you have. Go get wise on your own thinking and share on this site and let us pick apart your "scripture".

I don't need a book written by MAN to tell me how to be a good person.. or to be a moral person. I am who I am because I choose to be a good and decent person.

Pick apart that scripture after you get done tearing apart everyone elses scriptures..

SO tell me again about Adam and Eve?? How many ribs does your wife have??

fredcaudle

So we only have to follow the parts where its says "jesus says" to be christian?
that should shorten the bible alot.
Yes, because Jesus is the Word of God... He didn't change the Old Testament, He fulfilled it. You will find your little controversial verses in the Old Testament and say.... SEE.... Satan did this to Jesus in the wilderness. Jesus stated back to Him the FULL verse quoted. Before you fire off with "rabbit" trail questions, please include the context of whatever you quote.

I'm not trying to be mean, but do you know what the word Christian means? CHRIST - ian. Who else you going to follow????????? if you claim to be a Christian???????

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You feel Baptist "single out" .... ok. Our focus is Jesus, not John Smith.

Salvation is of the Jews. (Bible). You can't understand how I am one in Jesus and I would not cheapen the word at this point.

Baptist aren't right.... The Word of God is. But again, you have no understanding in this matter.

What I understand is ONE church spending a lot of time, resources and money to single out three religions to prove them to be untrue.. and to point out members of these churches to society, pointing a finger at them and proclaiming.. "They aren't REAL christians!!"

Moromonism.. Seventh Day Adventist, and Scientology... WHY??

If they focus on Christ, then they should focus on Christ and not what anyone else believes.

camily

Peace
So we all came from the same breeding stock?? Shouldn't we all be drooling piles of idiots if that's TRULY the case? We'd all be inter-related after 6000 years.. Hell, it that was TRULY the case where we started out with just a single couple, we wouldn't have made it past 4 or 5 generations.. The Amish started out in the US with a lot more than a single couple and they have all kinds of interbreeding issues.. and that's been just a hundred or so years..

And where was EDEN?? Were Adam and Eve caucasoids?? Where did the white people come from?? How about the Chinese?? Japanese?? Korean?? African?? Explain that if we all came from the same two "parents" how did we end up with completely different races of people??

Jesus is GOD?? Jesus, the Son of God is GOD?? Are you your own grandpa too??

I might be wrong (correct me if I am Fred) but was it when the twelve tribes were scattered amongst the nations and they all spoke in different tongues, where the different nationalities came from.

fredcaudle

I don't need a book written by MAN to tell me how to be a good person.. or to be a moral person. I am who I am because I choose to be a good and decent person.

Pick apart that scripture after you get done tearing apart everyone elses scriptures..

SO tell me again about Adam and Eve?? How many ribs does your wife have??
As many as you need her to have to make yourself look wise.

How did man procreate again? Oh yeah, male evolved billions of years and we had to wait billions more for the woman. Or... man was asexual... OR the man lived billions of years waiting for his mate.

We all can make each other look foolish in our beliefs. Pick your poison carefully.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yes, because Jesus is the Word of God... He didn't change the Old Testament, He fulfilled it. You will find your little controversial verses in the Old Testament and say.... SEE.... Satan did this to Jesus in the wilderness. Jesus stated back to Him the FULL verse quoted. Before you fire off with "rabbit" trail questions, please include the context of whatever you quote.

I'm not trying to be mean, but do you know what the word Christian means? CHRIST - ian. Who else you going to follow????????? if you claim to be a Christian???????

I celebrate X-Mas.. so I must be an X-ian.. All praise X!!

We hate those Y-ians.. they aren't REAL X-ians!!

camily

Peace
What I understand is ONE church spending a lot of time, resources and money to single out three religions to prove them to be untrue.. and to point out members of these churches to society, pointing a finger at them and proclaiming.. "They aren't REAL christians!!"

If they focus on Christ, then they should focus on Christ and not what anyone else believes.

Scientology? That is a whole other thread.

fredcaudle

I might be wrong (correct me if I am Fred) but was it when the twelve tribes were scattered amongst the nations and they all spoke in different tongues, where the different nationalities came from.
Not my belief... some say this. I can't presume on this like many others. There is tower of Babel belief and others.

I believe God is powerful enough to do as He wishes. When He shows us in the Scripture what took place, then I will go with that. Man needs answers... I need God.

I can accept God has not chosen to give us all the answers.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
As many as you need her to have to make yourself look wise.

How did man procreate again? Oh yeah, male evolved billions of years and we had to wait billions more for the woman. Or... man was asexual... OR the man lived billions of years waiting for his mate.

We all can make each other look foolish in our beliefs. Pick your poison carefully.

the MALE didn't eveolve.. MAN evolved.. "Man" meaning the male and female of the species.. That's how you can explain the dozens of different races in the world.. depending on where each race evolved would determine physical attributes... how does the bible explain how the different races came to be.. how do the explain a Caucasoid Christ???

fredcaudle

Why do you feel you need to tell the Baptists what to do better? Why do you concern yourself with baptist when you tell baptist to stop concerning themselves with mormons and others?

Sounds interestingly ironic doesn't it?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

So after the 12 tribes of Israel were scattered they all evolved into different races?? Different skin colors??

And oh, for your information.. You've just stepped into Mormonism.. be sure to wipe your feet.

camily

Peace
the MALE didn't eveolve.. MAN evolved.. "Man" meaning the male and female of the species.. That's how you can explain the dozens of different races in the world.. depending on where each race evolved would determine physical attributes... how does the bible explain how the different races came to be.. how do the explain a Caucasoid Christ???

God doesn't have to explain. He owes me no answers. Why does that matter anyway?

camily

Peace
So after the 12 tribes of Israel were scattered they all evolved into different races?? Different skin colors??

And oh, for your information.. You've just stepped into Mormonism.. be sure to wipe your feet.

You make an arguement out of anything.

fredcaudle

There are many things the Bible doesn't explain. The Book is about God revealing Himself to man.... It is not a history book or even a Science book. It is the Word of God.

Thank you by the way for stating how you believe on male/female - that has always intrigued me how people answer that question.

camily

Peace
Not my belief... some say this. I can't presume on this like many others. There is tower of Babel belief and others.

I believe God is powerful enough to do as He wishes. When He shows us in the Scripture what took place, then I will go with that. Man needs answers... I need God.

I can accept God has not chosen to give us all the answers.

Good enough for me!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why do you feel you need to tell the Baptists what to do better? Why do you concern yourself with baptist when you tell baptist to stop concerning themselves with mormons and others?

Sounds interestingly ironic doesn't it?

not ironic at all.. I don't believe in ANY organized religion.. but I find it intesting that one feels they are so far superior to others that they have to take the time to prove others wrong.

In a child, you'd call that insecurity..

fredcaudle

not ironic at all.. I don't believe in ANY organized religion.. but I find it intesting that one feels they are so far superior to others that they have to take the time to prove others wrong.

In a child, you'd call that insecurity..
Are you insecure then to have to come to a RELIGIOUS thread to "correct" us?

Do you feel better proving me wrong on evolution verses creation?????? I'm sure you feel you made your point very well.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Being a Christian you should be tolerant, am I right?

And I know you don't expect someone to make a decison about all time and eternity without hearing ALL sides of the argument.. That would be kind of selfish, wouldn't it?

So if someone comes in here searching for the truth, they should get ALL the answers so they can determine what is the truth for themselves, instead of getting just one side of the story.

You can't make an informed decision about anything if you are only getting portions of the facts, or only one side of the story.

Would you believe me if I told you I climbed a mountain and a tree talked to me, and said this was my mission, that God spoke to me and said, "Share My beliefs, they all have it wrong.. I don't need churches, I don't need their money, I just need them to be GOOD people"??