Whatcha readin'?

Cowgirl

Flowers in the Attic... wow I remember reading that years and years ago... I may have to see if I still have them. :whistle:

Yes! That was the first book I read. Very sick and twisted.

I can't think of any more books, Nickel. :ohwell: I can never remember authors or titles.

SugarBear47

Good reading

Me too, but I've been into true crime. Does that interest you?

I read True Crime also. Never a shortage of stories thats for sure. My favorite author is Ann Rule. For fiction, have you read any of James Patterson series like Alex Cross, Womans Murder Club, Maximum Ride? They are great. OH and for steamy romance and lusty sex, read Lori Foster. Make you want to strangle your hubby.....lol.

Last edited:

tater

Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin :yay: 3 weeks straight #1 New York Slimes. And without the help of an activist mainstream media, Oprah, or Hugo Chavez

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've read every book written by Clive Cussler, my book shelf is completely full of his books. I'm really hoping he has something new in the works. I believe he's now writing with his son since he's now in his 80s. I have never been disappointed with any of his books.

Geek

Just finished Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" - great read

:yay: Love Dan Brown

Hey Nickel, I am going to get the Mortal Instruments books, not sure how those will be.

I love Wide Awake (It is free on the internet), If you like Sookie, you should like it. It has tons of f-bombs and some graphic sex scenes. Pm me for the link, if you want it!

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
I'm reading the very entertaining Niccolo's Smile: A Biography of Machiavelli

[amazon]0374528004[/amazon]

JULZ

BFJ
I'm currently reading Divine Evil by Nora Roberts. I typically gravitate towards suspense and crime stories except for my stint with the Stephanie Myers books, which I thought were awesome.

fredsaid2

Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz, an Oprah book club selection. I didn't choose it because of that but it's an interesting read so far. And then, The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes. Set in Victorian London, the reviews say it's fiendishly clever and funny w/ peculiar characters. I enjoy off the wall books. I recently finished several Carol O'Connell books that I really liked, Bone by Bone and The Judas Child. She writes beautifully!

The Southern Maryland web site has a section called Next Reads with 25 monthly newsletter choices. It's about 5-6 book recommendations in the genre of your choice. I've found several great ones through that.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I saw "The Other Boleyn Girl" (the movie) and didn't really care for the way they handled the charges against Anne. I've been holding off on the books, but I may try them.

The book was a million times better than the movie. You can't really even compare the two. I bet you a dollar you'll love the book. :yay:

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
I strongly reccomend Mark Levin's "Liberty and Tyranny."
I just got done with "Liberal Fascism" by Jonah Goldberg. I highly recommend that one if you like political history and/or are curious about why many conservatives are so staunchly opposed to the "Left". I think Democrats would even find this book interesting. He is very fair.

I am currently reading "An Inconvenient Book" by Glenn Beck right now. It's a fun book so far. It reads just like his personality. (It even has "ADD Moment" bubbles throughout the book). It is funny and interesting; blazing through this one really quick so far.

I will have to check out "Liberty and Tyranny". Anybody who calls Charles Schumer "Shmucky" can't be that bad. :killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm reading DISARMED: The Loss Of The Right To Bear Arms In Restoration England by Joyce Lee Malcolm.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
A Christmas Sweater

I just finished “A Christmas Sweater” by Glenn Beck.

This is not a political book. It is a very good Christmas story about a pre-teen who discovers the true meaning of Christmas through his own mishaps and life lessons. This will be a classic.

I am currently waiting for “Liberty and Tyranny, Open Veins of Latin America, Animal Spirits, and The Big Three in Economics” to come in from Amazon.