Whatcha readin'?

glhs837

Power with Control
If you dont mind some non-fiction military stuff, I recommend BAT-21, the real story, not the movie version. Also "MIG Pilot", the story of the man who defected in a MIG-25, and lastly "Blind Man's Bluff", the story of submarine espionage in the Cold War, including tapping a soviet undersea comm cable.

watercolor

yeah yeah
What did you think of the 90 minutes in heaven??? I am kinda on the fence- because he talked about the Ilizarov frame that it was like he was selling the fact that life can move on with it- more so than the actual 90 minutes in heaven. *shrug*

D-35

Top Crime Authors to Check Out

Here are a few gifted, popular Crime/Detective/Murder Mystery/Cop Action writers that I strongly recommend.

I'm talking serious crime writing talent that will make you want to hit the sack early to get a few extra pages in...addictive.
Please check them out. You won't be disappointed and will probably be happily hooked on this literary genre for life...

Michael Connelly,
Lee Child,
T. Jefferson Parker,
Elmore Leonard,
Robert B. Parker,

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've been into hisorical romance lately, but seem to have read everything out there, I sure wish there was a book store in Calvert. The used book store doesn't have much to offer in historical romance and Bay Books doesn't have much at all either and I really hate to go all the way to Waldorf to Borders. I love to read so if there are any suggestions on something good, please help me out. PS, I read the first of the Twilight series and it's just not for me.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I usually read Patricia Cornwell or Mary Higgins Clark. Right now though I'm reading "Things I want my daughters to know" by Elizabeth Noble. Pretty good so far. No crying from me yet. I also have "Where Are You Now" by M. H. Clarke to read next.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
"The Pregnancy Book" Dr. Sears
"What To Expect When You're Expecting" Heidi Murkoff, Sharon Mazel
"Better Food for Pregnancy: Nutrition Guide Plus Over 125 Recipes for Healthy Pregnancy and Breastfeeding" Daina Kalnins M.Sc. R.D. and Joanne Saab R.D.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've been into hisorical romance lately, but seem to have read everything out there, I sure wish there was a book store in Calvert. The used book store doesn't have much to offer in historical romance and Bay Books doesn't have much at all either and I really hate to go all the way to Waldorf to Borders. I love to read so if there are any suggestions on something good, please help me out. PS, I read the first of the Twilight series and it's just not for me.

Not sure if Calverts librarys do this, but St Marys has used books for sale in the corner of every county library. Mags are ten cents, paperbacks a quarter, hardcovers are a buck.

camily

Peace
What did you think of the 90 minutes in heaven??? I am kinda on the fence- because he talked about the Ilizarov frame that it was like he was selling the fact that life can move on with it- more so than the actual 90 minutes in heaven. *shrug*

This is true. The 90 minutes are amazing though.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Here are a few gifted, popular Crime/Detective/Murder Mystery/Cop Action writers that I strongly recommend.

I'm talking serious crime writing talent that will make you want to hit the sack early to get a few extra pages in...addictive.
Please check them out. You won't be disappointed and will probably be happily hooked on this literary genre for life...

Michael Connelly,
Lee Child,
T. Jefferson Parker,
Elmore Leonard,
Robert B. Parker,

Those would all be my top choices. Robert Crais is right up there with them as well. Lawerence Block is really great, as well as J.A. Jance.

Right now I am reading Forever Odd, the second in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz.

fredsaid2

I just finished an interesting book, The Shack by W. P. Young. The main character, Mack, spends a weekend w/ God in the shack his youngest daughter was last traced to after being abducted by a serial killer. Mack is a good man, spiritual but not particularly religious, weighed down by the sorrow of losing his daughter. The invitation from God gives him an opportunity to explore his personal relationship with the Trinity. Sad but ultimately beautiful, the book had me thinking!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Michael Connelly,
Lee Child,
T. Jefferson Parker,
Elmore Leonard,
Robert B. Parker,
All great authors. I also enjoy among the list of authors that I don't think have been mentioned yet:
Sandra Brown
Clive Cussler
Dick Francis
Sara Paretsky
Richard North Patterson
Stuart Woods

camily

Peace
I just finished an interesting book, The Shack by W. P. Young. The main character, Mack, spends a weekend w/ God in the shack his youngest daughter was last traced to after being abducted by a serial killer. Mack is a good man, spiritual but not particularly religious, weighed down by the sorrow of losing his daughter. The invitation from God gives him an opportunity to explore his personal relationship with the Trinity. Sad but ultimately beautiful, the book had me thinking!

I just read that too. Great book! Try "Finding God in the Shack" also.
Finding God in the Shack - By: Randal Rauser - Christianbook.com

Hoover

Bite By
Laurell K. Hamilton
Charlaine Harris
Maryjanice Davidson
Angela Knight
Vickie Taylor

Its The Best Of Short Stories By The Above. Pretty Good - It Introduced Me To Some New Authors And I Really Liked A Few Of Them.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I picked up Dan Brown's Digital Fortress at a used book store and I'm not quite halfway through it, but it's really good.

fredsaid2

I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It's in the form of correspondence to and from the main character, author Juliet Ashton, in the time directly after WW II. The characters all have that great English quirkiness about them. The stories told of the German occupation of the Channel Islands are sad and funny and poignant, all in one novel. It's a great book, I will be sad to finish it.

Hoover

College started again for me so now I am reading College Algebra II -I am on chapter 4.7- it really sux!!!:killingme

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I picked up Dan Brown's Digital Fortress at a used book store and I'm not quite halfway through it, but it's really good.

I really enjoyed this one. Have the new "Lost Symbol" on order!

Am reading "Olive Kitteridge", interesting short stories about the life of Olive. Set in Maine, I think I have the story figured out, and the end is different than what is expected.