whats up with???

jetmonkey

meangirl said:
I totally agree with that but...
he thought they might answer a different door?
Someone else might answer a different door, like if you are in the kitchen running an appliance :shrug:

princess73

just one of those days...
vanbells said:
1. How do you know they just don't shoot for a reason?
2. We know that this isn't the first incident with a dog with the officer.
3. 7 bullets doesn't seem a little much to you?
4. If you saw a huge ass fawking dog on a leash, would you still go near it?

I got that message too.

princess73

just one of those days...
I think what the cop did was unnecessary and ignorant. And I also think that it is wrong for him to have gone in someone's backyard where the dog was. This was not an emergency call where he was there to protect or save someone's life. The warrant could have waited until someone was there to answer the door.

As a Maryland EMT I can say that SMCOP is right about the transport thing. The ambulance crew can NOT refuse to transport anyone. The EMT could have offered an opinion and said that they didn't think that it was worth being seen at the ER for, but they can not say hey that isn't worth my time and we will not take you to the ER. You can't even tell a patient to take themselves to the hospital. Believe me there are some people that you get to know from riding the ambulance. We call them frequent flyers and we know as soon as their address is dispatched that they just want a ride from the hotel in Newburg to the 7-11 across the street from Civista to get a pack of cigarettes. But we still have to go get them, listen to their story, take them in the back door of the hospital, roll them into the ER, wait for a bed for them, fill out all of the reports and as soon as we pull away from the back door we see them run out and across Charles Street to the 7-11. It happens quite a bit and there is nothing the ambulance crew can do about it. Some people see it as a free ride. But the crew can't refuse to transport as long as the patient wants to go. The officer had to have signed a release of treatment/transport. Which would have been like him admitting that it wasn't worth being seen for.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
jetmonkey said:
So if I am reading this right, and I'm just guessing here, this thread is hard to follow, if someone had paid their child support this dog would still be alive?
Yeah thats it, if _____ had paid his child support, the dog would be alive. Put in any name you like as long as they don't live there either.

sockgirl77

Inkpen said:
Gee..ever heard of "internal?" injuries...those are the ones you can not see.
Might have had a crush injury, can only be seen by x-ray.
Last I heard, Superman is make-believe as is x-ray vision by EMTs.

But wait,,maybe Benedict has Doctors riding on board as volunteer ...Yea..right.... :lmao:
whats up with??? 05-21-2007 10:24 PM fricken bas-tard making freak..go back to you azz hole of a slut life in Texass....
This is the 2nd karma you've left me in the past few days. Yes, I did the math. I'd just like to clarify something. I do not live in Texas. Oh and Texas only has one "s". What happened to your Christianity you were preaching about a few months ago?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
meangirl said:
I totally agree with that but...
he thought they might answer a different door?
Just the cop walking around to the other door gives him an opportunity to look into different rooms to see if the criminal maybe in the house hiding in a different room.. like in the kitchen fixing lunch.. or hiding behind the couch so he cant be seen from the front door..

SoMDMama82

itsbob said:
Just the cop walking around to the other door gives him an opportunity to look into different rooms to see if the criminal maybe in the house hiding in a different room.. like in the kitchen fixing lunch.. or hiding behind the couch so he cant be seen from the front door..

Well, I think if I was the cop, and heading to the 3rd door, and turned the corner to see the big dog growling and barking at me, I woulndn't give a sh!t about peeking in other windows, and turn around and leave, or go back to my car and call for animal control, etc. Let's say the dog did try to attack the cop. Is it's the dogs fault that the cop was dumb enough to get within the dogs tie lenght, when the dog was trying to protect it's property?

Is it possible the cop turned the corner, was startled by the dog, and was a little quick with the gun? And.....is it possible the reason for the SEVEN shots in the dogs head, was the cop was trying to shoot the choker chain off so people would belived the the dog was loose and he wouldn't look like a dumbazz? The only person who was there when it happened was the cop, so I don't think he is going to confess that he was a moron, if that was the case. I don't think we'll ever get the "full story". It'll just be written off as an unfortunate event.

jetmonkey

I think it's pretty well established that this particular cop is a dumbass. If you can be startled by a dog at a time when you should be particularly alert (attempting to arrest a suspect), and in a situation where you should expect a criminal to perhaps loose a dog on you, well.... :shrug:

tom88

dawn said:
Since I am new here, I dont know if there is away to reply to karmas left to me other than to copy and paste and respond this way, if there is another way I am sorry and if someone will tell me how I will be more than happy to respond the right way -- but I got this statement with karma so i feel like i must respond--

The officer was bitten. I think that proves the dog was attacking!

First off the ambulance that responded to the scene REFUSED to transport the officer to the hospital becuase there was no obvious wounds -- so I am sorry before you make the statement that the officer was bitten have your facts straight. The officer has not come forward to show any wounds to his body, nor has anyone from the police department commented on the case. If the officer did come forward at this point with any proof positive, I am not so sure I would beleive him as a week has passed.

I heard from a very very very reliable source that the ambulance refused to take the officer to the hospital so now if you want to send karma and put a smarty pants statment with it, at least have your facts right!
As a Maryland EMT I can say that SMCOP is right about the transport thing. The ambulance crew can NOT refuse to transport anyone.

WELL I WONDER WHAT ELSE THE MATTIAS LIED ABOUT?

SoMDMama82

tom88 said:
As a Maryland EMT I can say that SMCOP is right about the transport thing. The ambulance crew can NOT refuse to transport anyone.

The Matias never said the ambulance refused to transport the officer. If you read their letter, it only says "Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him." and "We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn."

Cowgirl

Inkpen said:
Gee..ever heard of "internal?" injuries...those are the ones you can not see.
Might have had a crush injury, can only be seen by x-ray.Last I heard, Superman is make-believe as is x-ray vision by EMTs.

But wait,,maybe Benedict has Doctors riding on board as volunteer ...Yea..right.... :lmao:

:lmao: Sorry Ink, but that is a far stretch... if that dog had bitten him hard enough to crush something, you'd see it externally as well.

SoMDMama82

tom88 said:

SoMDMama82 said:
The Matias never said the ambulance refused to transport the officer. If you read their letter, it only says "Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him." and "We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn."

whats up with??? 05-22-2007 10:39 AM Someone in this thread said the Mattias said the ambulance wouldn't transport

Sign your Karma tom! And don't get your panties all in a bunch when you're wrong about something! Question, do you believe everything you read on here??? You need to learn not to believe EVERYTHING you read!

The Matias didn't lie about an ambulance refusing to take the cop anywhere. It was something brought up by this gossip chain!

Woodyspda

I just caught up on the discussion.... Here's my synopsis:

1. Cop was serving a warrant.
2. Subject of warrant is related to family of residence but hasn't lived there in numerous years.
3. Cop made the rounds of the house to detect occupation of the house.
4. Cop approached the back door.
5. For whatever reason a. cop accidentally stepped into dogs radius b. cop was having a bad day c. cop doesn't like dogs d. cop has other issues

the cop shot the dog multiple times (I've read between 3 to 7 shots)
6. Dog MAY have bitten cop. Most likely AFTER the choke chain was shot off it's neck.
7. Cop DID NOT call for an ambulance right away.
8. Son showed up to barely alive family member.
9. Cop begins to cover his arse. A. for wasting ammo B. for not following protocol C. for killing an innocent (dog or otherwise)
10. Cop was seen by ambulance crew.
11. Crew did not transport cop to the hospital. (the matter of whether the crew refused him or not is mute)Let's just assume he refused the ride.
12. The dog did NOT have rabies because: he was up to date on shots AND we have not heard anything back from the tests.
13. The elected Sheriff has not responded to public outcry...

Now.... think what you want but my personal opinion is that this officer of the law is not qualified to serve and most likely never was. Not all cops are good.... actually most tend to usurp the little power that they are given.

nuff said.

dawn

river rat said:
Still.................no explanation from CCSD :twitch:

Not one word. Even on their daily press releases -- not one word... but the sure are quick to put other peoples business out there.