White Nationalists Say Charlottesville Was Just a Beginning

Hijinx

That's what kills me about some folks. I would write them off as idiots, but friends of mine - people who I know for a fact are smarter than this - subscribe to the same stupid-ass philosophy as if it's not a paradox. "It's not about racism, it's about our history".
But it's not.

It's not OUR history. It's about the history of a nation that lost, and no longer ####ing exists. They are monuments to a failed nation. They are monuments to failed ideals. They are monuments to treason.

And before someone chimes in with "My ancestors were Confederates! So it is about my history, my heritage", again I say: No, it's not. My blood is mostly German and Irish. I lay no claim to Nazism or the ####ing IRA. I feel zero connection to any of those a-holes. Be an American or be something else. If you want to pretend to be a Confederate, that's fine by me - but own it. Admit you think slavery is dandy, and you'd like to go back to the way things were before you got your asses ripped open by a superior force.

You express your feelings well, and it's legitimate. However there are those who do feel that it is their Heritage.
You just wiped their feelings off the map, and then insulted them by calling them racist.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you want to pretend to be a Confederate, that's fine by me - but own it. Admit you think slavery is dandy, and you'd like to go back to the way things were before you got your asses ripped open by a superior force.

False choices. Just because I have respect for ancestors of mine that were honorable men who, like many other honorable men, took up arms in what they thought/believed/were convinced was the necessary defense of their respective states (keeping in mind that state allegiances mattered more to most everyone in those days than anything else) does not then compel me to "think slavery is dandy" or "want things to go back the way they where". That's utter BS...a truly false dilemma.

Wishbone

And the idea that the Union was fighting for righteousness in freeing an enslaved population was just as much bull####.

The union certainly didn't give a #### about the poor downtrodden peoples after May of 1865.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's what kills me about some folks. I would write them off as idiots, but friends of mine - people who I know for a fact are smarter than this - subscribe to the same stupid-ass philosophy as if it's not a paradox. "It's not about racism, it's about our history".
But it's not.

It's not OUR history. It's about the history of a nation that lost, and no longer ####ing exists. They are monuments to a failed nation. They are monuments to failed ideals. They are monuments to treason.

And before someone chimes in with "My ancestors were Confederates! So it is about my history, my heritage", again I say: No, it's not. My blood is mostly German and Irish. I lay no claim to Nazism or the ####ing IRA. I feel zero connection to any of those a-holes. Be an American or be something else. If you want to pretend to be a Confederate, that's fine by me - but own it. Admit you think slavery is dandy, and you'd like to go back to the way things were before you got your asses ripped open by a superior force.

:notworthy

Nailed it!

Toxick

Splat
You just wiped their feelings off the map, and then insulted them by calling them racist.

I am exactly as dismissive of their feelings as they are of African American's feelings when they say that flag represents racism to them.

Not a single iota more or less.

Toxick

Splat
False choices. Just because I have respect for ancestors of mine that were honorable men who, like many other honorable men, took up arms in what they thought/believed/were convinced was the necessary defense of their respective states (keeping in mind that state allegiances mattered more to most everyone in those days than anything else) does not then compel me to "think slavery is dandy" or "want things to go back the way they where". That's utter BS...a truly false dilemma.

Well, then maybe I should start erecting statues of Goebbels and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named because I want to respect my own heritage. NOT THAT I HATE JEWS MIND YOU!!! But because they were doing what they thought was right and necessary in the creation of a better world. In the end, they were only trying to help.

False dilemma my ass.

We fought a war against those mother ####ers just like we did with the Confederates. And won... just like we did against the Confederates.

The question shouldn't be why are we taking the statues down? The question should be, why did we erect the goddam things in the first place.

Wishbone

I am exactly as dismissive of their feelings as they are of African American's feelings when they say that flag represents racism to them.
Not a single iota more or less.

And many of those same African Americans you are hearing also claim the American Flag represents racism as well.

Are we going to acquiesce and pull them down?

Toxick

Splat
And many of those same African Americans you are hearing also claim the American Flag represents racism as well.

No.

#### those guys. Just because I think White Nationalists are a cancer doesn't mean I agree with anything BLM* morons say.

*or Antifa

Wishbone

Well, then maybe I should start erecting statues of Goebbels and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named because I want to respect my own heritage. NOT THAT I HATE JEWS MIND YOU!!! But because they were doing what they thought was right and necessary in the creation of a better world. In the end, they were only trying to help.

Another false comparison, however if Germany had a memorial to Rommel, is that a memorial to Nazism or to one of Germanys most capable Generals?

Toxick

Splat
Another false comparison, however if Germany had a memorial to Rommel, is that a memorial to Nazism or to one of Germanys most capable Generals?

In what way is that a false comparison?
We went to war with both. We defeated both. They both went against our ideals as a nation and a people.

The differences that I can see are
- the scale of the war, and
- our enemies spoke a different language.

Neither of those facts have any bearing on my point whatsoever.

PJay

It's amazing people do not see the larger picture. What's coming, what will be demanded to be torn down, burned and destroyed next.

Toxick

Splat
So... As long as YOU draw the line in a place YOU are comfortable with, it's ok.

Not sure what this means. I didn't draw any lines.

Besides, I believe that I'm expressing my opinion. You are free to dismiss it as you see fit, or argue an actual point.

Toxick

Splat

Ask any German for the answer to that.

Spoiler Alert: They'll say it's a memorial to Nazism.

Toxick

Splat
Don't recall Rommel being a Nazi.

Sorcery.

I wrote Goebbels upthread, so I was thinking of that when you threw a Rommel curveball.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that he'd be viewed in the same light, even though his Nazism sympathy is ambiguous. He was a pretty key element of the wehrmacht.

Anyway my point wasn't really to get into the finer points of WWII. I only brought it up to draw a parallel with my own heritage with those of Confederates. Incidentally, I have quite a bit of Confederacy in my blood as well. At the end of the day I'm an American, and I have long renounced all other nationalities in favor of that.