White Supremacists Love The Donald

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I knew many who I went to H.S. with (Middletown, MD), who moved to West Va, directly after graduating.

I had to unignore you for a second because I saw this quote in Sam's post.

You're full of ####. It happens that I lived in Middletown for a good number of years and my kids were raised there. #1, that town (and school) is about as lily white as it gets, but the one or two black kids that went to that high school were NOT picked on or racially targeted. And I'd have absolutely heard about it if they were.

Yes, there are a number of those predominantly white affluent kids who move to WV after graduation. That's because they're going to Shepherd University, which for some reason is quite popular among that crowd - I suspect because it has a comprehensive theater program and Middletown kids tend to be more involved in performing arts. They don't move there to join the KKK, as you insinuated.

So again, you are full of #### and now back on ignore you go.

Hijinx

I lived in Kent Village back in the early 60's. Wasn't bad at all ,then moved to Riverdale, then to Landover.

I watched Capitol Plaza and Landover mall grow. Watched them die too.

Damned shame too, they were nice places to shop back then.

SamSpade

My parents are from Welch and Beckley.

I grew up in PG county (Berwyn Heights). I worked in Beltway Mall back in the early 80s. Those were the days (from the 60s to about the mid 80s) where PG county was a great place to live. After being gone for 15 years in the military I moved back in the area to Greenbelt. The place had starkly changed. We also left the county to Calvert because of the crime. We just didn’t feel safe.

That's amazing. I also worked in Beltway Plaza in the 80's - at the seafood place (honestly forgot the name). Moved to other parts of PG before moving back in with parents. Moved away to Massachusetts for many years, came back to PG for several years and -- eventually moved to Calvert. I am now in St Mary's for the past 12 years.

In laws and extended family are from all over WV, although none of them were as dirt-poor as many I've known who left there. I went to engineering school with a girl who was on full scholarship, and she mentioned it was all financial need - her family could barely afford to clothe her growing up.

steppinthrax

I had to unignore you for a second because I saw this quote in Sam's post.

You're full of ####. It happens that I lived in Middletown for a good number of years and my kids were raised there. #1, that town (and school) is about as lily white as it gets, but the one or two black kids that went to that high school were NOT picked on or racially targeted. And I'd have absolutely heard about it if they were.

Yes, there are a number of those predominantly white affluent kids who move to WV after graduation. That's because they're going to Shepherd University, which for some reason is quite popular among that crowd - I suspect because it has a comprehensive theater program and Middletown kids tend to be more involved in performing arts. They don't move there to join the KKK, as you insinuated.

So again, you are full of #### and now back on ignore you go.

LOL,

I went to MES, MMS and MHS and I was racially targeted. Yes it is a lily white area and many minorities choose to go to Frederick or TJ HS. I'm in my 30s now. I'm referring to those who have already grad college (if they went) and are professional at this point. I know several that moved to even more "lilly white" areas after MHS (almost as if Middletown, MD wasn't lilly white enough).

On another note, many who graduated from MHS went on to become Dollar Store workers, Construction workers or something like that. Not a "high and mighty" professional career that the school there likes to purport and advertise in their educational curriculum.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
People actually MOVE there, on purpose?

I think over the course of my lifetime, I've known people to move to just about everywhere BUT West Virginia. My in-laws are from there, and I have the Mountaineers crap to prove it.
Yes, they do. :howdy:

Love it out here and, while not many black/African-Americans live around where I am (about dead center of the state), the urban areas around Charleston and Huntington have a fair amount.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's amazing. I also worked in Beltway Plaza in the 80's - at the seafood place (honestly forgot the name). Moved to other parts of PG before moving back in with parents. Moved away to Massachusetts for many years, came back to PG for several years and -- eventually moved to Calvert. I am now in St Mary's for the past 12 years.

I worked at the movie theater (Academy 6 before they built the 8 plex), Video Village, and Webster Clothing. I think the Seafood place was Phillip’s? I went into the AF in ‘85. The mall has been renovated so much that I don’t remember what it looked like back in those days. I refuse to go there anymore. If you were there before ’85, I’m certain we probably ran into each other at one point or another.

I feel like coming back to PG was a blessing and a mistake. It was really close to my parents, so I was able to be there for them when they needed help around the house. I also made a good chunk of change when I sold my house at the peak of the housing boom. The mistake was not fully realizing how bad the area had gotten.

SamSpade

several that moved to even more "lilly white" areas after MHS (almost as if Middletown, MD wasn't lilly white enough).

Because "race" is the foremost reason on everyone's mind when they choose to live somewhere....??

What a load of crap. No one I've ever known picks up their life and decides I think I'll move somewhere because there's no black people there. About as close as they MIGHT get is, they might not move to Harlem or Roxbury or Anacostia or Newark or West Memphis or Camden because there aren't ANY white people there. And THAT is exactly what people of any race or ethnicity does - they move to a place where there are others like themselves. It's why there are Little Italys and Chinatowns and towns like Brighton Beach and Miami and Dearborn. They go where there are other Greeks or French or Portuguese or Russians and so on.

You'd have to be seriously self-involved to think they moved there because they wanted to get away from you. You should know this by now, but - people don't care. And they don't have to.

GregV814

I've told you guys this before...Steppin in crap is a VICTIM...He is ashamed of his race and that of his presumed wife's troubles fitting in....Bless his heart, he cant help it!!.

steppinthrax

I've told you guys this before...Steppin in crap is a VICTIM...He is ashamed of his race and that of his presumed wife's troubles fitting in....Bless his heart, he cant help it!!.

OH hell,

Here is this old cranky antique man still living in the 40's.

Is that picture in your profile accurate?

steppinthrax

Never mind Greggy. He's struggling with a pair of undescended testes and chronic gynecomastia.

Theory,

The testes have always been undescended and the lack of testosterone has created a lifelong chronic gynecomastia. The lack of testosterone and man boobs have created sexual identity issues (during development) which is where he's had feelings towards other men. His conservative and religious background is in direct conflict with hence his anger.

BOOM LOL

PsyOps

Pixelated
THE CLASSROOM IS STATE PROPERTY. Not his/her house.... Displaying religious items violates the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.

http://www.tolerance.org/blog/what-does-first-amendment-say-about-displaying-religious-sym

"While still contested in some areas, permanent displays of religious symbols on public school property violate current interpretations of the Establishment Clause. The Ten Commandments, for example, are unarguably religious in nature. Their permanent display in public schools communicates an endorsement for Christianity—just as hanging a Star of David in a classroom could make it appear that the school favors Judaism."

There are few exceptions, a Christmas tree, Hanukkah menorah that are installed temporary is OK.

A good read here. Here is a snippet:

In 2000, the Supreme Court continued perfecting its skill at misdirection by citing itself in a decision that created a new constitutional standard for the “establishment of religion.” In the case of Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe, the majority held that student-led, voluntary, non-denominational prayer was “perceived” government sponsorship of prayer, thus a violation of the Establishment Clause. Further, the court held that any policy that made “nonadherents” feel like “outsiders” was unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court, in defiance of centuries of Anglo-Saxon law, the words of our own Founders, and the plain language of the Constitution itself, had in the course of about 80 years obliterated the Constitution and altered the proper relationship between government and religion. The next plank of the platform was carved from a phrase Thomas Jefferson likely never knew would be so wrested.

Everyone has heard the phrase “separation of church and state.” The anti-religious wail those words as a war cry against any “actual” or “perceived” influence of faith on government. As is evident from the analysis presented above, that phrase exists nowhere in the Constitution. It has its origins in a letter sent by our third President in response to one sent to him by a church in Connecticut.

As mentioned above, Connecticut maintained an established religion (the Congregational Church) until 1818. In 1801, members of the Baptist denomination in Danbury sent a letter to Thomas Jefferson, plaintively setting forth their difficulties at being an officially disfavored community of faith.

In his response, Jefferson sympathized with his correspondents and declared his hope that “their [Connecticut's] legislature should ‘make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,’ thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.”

Far from being advocacy of the relegation of religion to solitary confinement in the private sphere, Jefferson cites the Establishment Clause itself as the model for other legislatures. As President, and as a student of the law, Jefferson undoubtedly understood that the First Amendment applied those restrictions on Congress, not on the church. As a perhaps relevant bit of context, the day after Jefferson penned the letter to the Danbury Baptists (January 3), he attended a worship service conducted in the House of Representatives presided over by a Baptist minister. Hardly the behavior of a man opposed to the offering of prayer in a government venue.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I knew many who I went to H.S. with (Middletown, MD), who moved to West Va, directly after graduating. Quite a few actually. It's white, traditional, religious and generally intolerant of color.

They more than likely did it for economic reasons. Not because they were racists. Much cheaper to live in WVa and commute to work in MD/DC. That was the thing to do back in the late '70s and '80s. Many still do it today.

steppinthrax

They more than likely did it for economic reasons. Not because they were racists. Much cheaper to live in WVa and commute to work in MD/DC. That was the thing to do back in the late '70s and '80s. Many still do it today.

Well living in WV and working in a dept store is not exactly for taking a deep cost of living cut for DC salaries.

As many will live in CC and work in DC or live in PG or Waldorf (cheaper) and work in DC.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
In regards to the slavery statement I made.

Drum Roll......................

I'm sure many here wouldn't mind slavery.

Their labor is not worth the money it takes to feed and clothe them, not to mention the odor.

steppinthrax

Their labor is not worth the money it takes to feed and clothe them, not to mention the odor.

Well damn,

You white people built most of the US with slaves. So it was worth it at some point.

Just keep them fed with bare min and give them rags. They were considered private property right?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In regards to the slavery statement I made.

Drum Roll......................

I'm sure many here wouldn't mind slavery.

Frankly, that is a huge part of what support for illegal immigration amounts to; a cheaper solution with less headaches. We can say, readily, that coming here illegally is totally different than coming here in chains and that is true in that regard. However, the part of illegal immigration that is equatable to slavery is the illegal part and how it is treated. Keeping them illegal keeps them quite and fearful and, thus, compliant. You hand them ID, citizenship rights, remove the fear of deportation, why, they'll start getting uppity.

GOP'ers can be said to be in favor of slavery on that basis and excuse it because they did choose to come here and are getting paid and can leave and that is all true but it does not absolve the right from wanting to keep that spectre of legal fear in place.

More problematic is the left wing support of illegal immigration. It is of a kind with the right in terms of cheap help but it displaces and harms existing citizens who are, by no means, doing well enough to excuse bringing in MORE people to compete for the scraps.