Who Knows this Man??

edinsomd

I just saw the pics from Baynet- the "assault rifle" in question is a common SKS, not a regulated firearm. That does not absolve this slack-jawed jackwagon by any means, but a little accuracy in reporting news would be....surprising.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I just saw the pics from Baynet- the "assault rifle" in question is a common SKS, not a regulated firearm. That does not absolve this slack-jawed jackwagon by any means, but a little accuracy in reporting news would be....surprising.

It has a bayonet attached - not just a lug. Can't see it close enough to see other details, but at the very least as a felon he isn't allowed to own it.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
F*CK'M, i'd just send this dumb azz to slammer to talk to Bubba, WTFO? Is this the Wild Wild West????? Should be lucky the person being shot at didn't have a RILE and BETTER AIM !

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

I wouldn't blame the news for that error as there is definately a charge of possessing a regulated firearm against Arnold. If the SKS has the standard box magazine and not a detachable one then that charge will probably be dropped as it wouldn't be a regulated firearm as defined.

It is nice to see Compton making the news though. :sarcasm:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Can you see if it has a detachable magazine?

By the way, that wasn't Baynet writing, that's police press release stuff. If they say assault rifle, MSP was involved, and MSP maintains the list, why are you saying they're wrong?

Looks like in picture #8 here that it is a standard magazine, you might have to zoom in to see it better.

edinsomd

Go to the Tackle Box, you'll see a barrel of these SKS rifles for sale to anyone over the age of 18, as long as they pass a background check. They use a stripper clip into a fixed mag, just like Granddad’s Garand, and it's of the same age if not quality. Some folks like them as they are more accurate than a regulated AK, but to modify an SKS to accept a detachable box mag takes knowledge and skill. Things old George here seems to lack. My point is a constant lack of accuracy in media reporting- everything is an evil "assault rifle" in the eyes of the media. Unless it's a "High Powered Rifle", whatever that is. Personally I have no use for a "Low Powered Rifle".

MMDad

Lem Putt
Looks like in picture #8 here that it is a standard magazine, you might have to zoom in to see it better.

I can't see it. When I zoom in close it gets lost in the pixels. Either way, I would hope that the cops know enough not to charge him with something if the facts don't fit. This wasn't a couple of traffic cops, they pulled in their top guys.

Is that a bayonet I see on it? Or am I seeing things there, too?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think a smart deer picked it up. This was quite a while ago, haven't seen him since.

I'm betting it was a her..

Olive to be exact..

She always was an outsider, never wanted to play along..

They even called her "the OTHER Reindeer!"

edinsomd

I can't see it. When I zoom in close it gets lost in the pixels. Either way, I would hope that the cops know enough not to charge him with something if the facts don't fit. This wasn't a couple of traffic cops, they pulled in their top guys.

Yes, it's a perfectly useless bayonet. A lot of SKS's come with them attached.

Ken King

PREMO Member

On 200% zoom it looks like a bayonet and you can see the magazine holding box hinged open, at least it looks that way to me.

The magazine looks almost exactly like this video.

sockgirl77

State of MD could have been an AirSoft ..

Off of Sassafras Lane. Reported someone shot into a moving vehicle, unknown how many are injured.

1642; Subject with a gun went into a residence, unknown which residence
1642; Police believe they know where the suspect is
1646; The person who had the gun pulled on them is on the phone with police giving an address to the shooter
1646; Police believe they're out with the suspect
1648; Canceling anyone else
1648; Patients are standing at the corner of Sassafras Lane and Zack's Way
1649; Two minor wounds from a pellet gun, per SMCSO
1649; Subject is in custody
1650; Requesting CSI
1654; ALS in service due to minor injuries
1655; Transporting a patient to SMH, priority 3
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:19:13 PM by G1G4 »

Why would homicide charges be added?

By "some kind of homicide charges" I was referring to any of the charges found in the Homicide Title of Maryland's Criminal Law Article (e.g. Attempt to commit murder in the second degree).

Based on what sockgirl posted, it may be the case that the SKS wasn't what was actually used - that some kind of pellet gun was used. If that's the case, it seems plausible to me that no homicide charges will be filed.

Annoying_Boy

By "some kind of homicide charges" I was referring to any of the charges found in the Homicide Title of Maryland's Criminal Law Article (e.g. Attempt to commit murder in the second degree).

Based on what sockgirl posted, it may be the case that the SKS wasn't what was actually used - that some kind of pellet gun was used. If that's the case, it seems plausible to me that no homicide charges will be filed.

That's one hell of a pellet gun hole in the car door of picture #12...

He even made it onto the channel 9 six o'clock news.

:popcorn: