Working Fire Subjects Trapped - Lusby

Bay_Kat

Tropical
If that is the house I think it is, I have heard many people say it is a crack house.
If it is the house I think it is, I have seen what I believe are drug deals going on in the driveway and once in the middle of the road (I had to wait behind the guy as he held up traffic)
If it's the house I think it is, a neighbor told me they get dogs that are not taken care of and get hit and killed on the road. She had a dead and bloated pit bull in her front yard for 5 days a year or so ago that had come from that house.
SIGH

I think it is that house, I used to deliver pizza, and that house was one of the regulars. The siding was missing because one of the kids set it on fire.

MMDad

Lem Putt
If that is the house I think it is, I have heard many people say it is a crack house.
If it is the house I think it is, I have seen what I believe are drug deals going on in the driveway and once in the middle of the road (I had to wait behind the guy as he held up traffic)
If it's the house I think it is, a neighbor told me they get dogs that are not taken care of and get hit and killed on the road. She had a dead and bloated pit bull in her front yard for 5 days a year or so ago that had come from that house.
SIGH

That's the house.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Sounds like a whole new house with as much of the structure that has been compromised

There is no possibility that was insured. As someone said, the siding was still missing from their last fire years ago.

corollinout

It's that house. I did work at it a couple years ago. I didn't even know the top floor was still there. It was already gone in some places when I was there.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What's sad is that the house will get rebuilt, probably nicer than it was before, and the family will be back to trash it once again.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
What's sad is that the house will get rebuilt, probably nicer than it was before, and the family will be back to trash it once again.

Only if they're up to date on those pesky insurance payments. If not, they'll have to move and trash someone else's neighborhood instead. They sound like real winners. :rolleyes:

If they have punk kids setting the house on fire and it was in hellish condition pre-fire, good luck finding an insurance company willing to take on that risk. If there was an insurance payout for the previous fire damage and they didn't fix the damage, the company would likely drop them. Maybe there's hope for the neighborhood, they had no insurance and they'll have to relocate to become someone else's nightmare. Ghetto trash or not, I'm glad no lives were lost. Kids don't ask to live in that type of environment.

poster

I'm thinking two good things may come of this:
1- the kids involved will get a better living situation, i feel for them
2- someone will be arrested on drug charges that will KEEP them in jail 'fingers crossed' -20 oxygen bottles sounds a bit suspicious

I'm sure the neighbors are :yahoo:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Section 8? They always have "insurance". Only thing is, you and I pay the premiums!

My cousin is in that section 8 program and she said she has to pay her own insurance and utilities. *shrug* Not in stone because I don't know for sure, but when I called that's what she said.

:coffee:

limblips

PREMO Member
My cousin is in that section 8 program and she said she has to pay her own insurance and utilities. *shrug* Not in stone because I don't know for sure, but when I called that's what she said.

:coffee:

Renters insurance which covers the personal contents but the home is not part of that.

limblips

PREMO Member
Really? I have always heard it was section 8. Oh well maybe they did have insurance.............

MMDad

Lem Putt
Really? I have always heard it was section 8. Oh well maybe they did have insurance.............

Since Section 8 is a renters subsidy, that does not mean that the taxpayers own the home.

I have no idea what help they may have been getting. Sometimes people lump everything under Section 8.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I Google street viewed the house- of course there's a late model Cadillac in the driveway... :whistle:

Last edited:

poster

Since Section 8 is a renters subsidy, that does not mean that the taxpayers own the home.

I have no idea what help they may have been getting. Sometimes people lump everything under Section 8.

I thought section 8 gives the tenant a reduced rental rate however the program (government) pays the homeowner directly a higher agreed to rental rate.
Anyone could own the home, the government does not.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Today's Calvert Recorder said the fire that completely destroyed the home is being investigated by the MD State Fire Marshall's office. The fire caused $187,000 in structural damage and $5000 in damage to contents. The occupants were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call the Fire Marshall's office at 443 550 6835.

limblips

PREMO Member
I thought section 8 gives the tenant a reduced rental rate however the program (government) pays the homeowner directly a higher agreed to rental rate.
Anyone could own the home, the government does not.

I did not state the gov't owned the home. I stated that if it is section 8 then we pay for it. Subsidies are tax dollars.