Blatant Profiling!

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
:gossip: Because he's b....l....a....c....k.

I think it's just a matter of time before the blacks start to realize they are not getting all the attention anymore. The Mexicans, Muslims and other immigrants are getting all the headlines. If you're white or Christian, don't bother complaining about your injustices. You don't matter.

I don't care about profiling. If you are near the border and look like a Mexican, that should be reason enough to see if you are here legally. If you ar a Muslim and are buying explosives, that should be reason enough to question your intent. Political correctness, lawyers, liberals, and other low lifes are destroying our country and making it impossible to use common sense.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
He is already making assumptions that Arizonians are going to commit racial profiling and is already preparing to drag them into court and has been given no grounds to do so! Why isn't this considered profiling?

FOXNews.com - Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

You really already knew the answer to this, didn't you?

I think it's just a matter of time before the blacks start to realize they are not getting all the attention anymore. The Mexicans, Muslims and other immigrants are getting all the headlines. If you're white or Christian, don't bother complaining about your injustices. You don't matter.

I don't care about profiling. If you are near the border and look like a Mexican, that should be reason enough to see if you are here legally. If you ar a Muslim and are buying explosives, that should be reason enough to question your intent. Political correctness, lawyers, liberals, and other low lifes are destroying our country and making it impossible to use common sense.

So sorry but http://forums.somd.com/life-southern-maryland/1172-death-old-friend.html#post16005

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Funny how the WH idiots don't even consider the large amount of Hispanic officers in AZ law enforcement!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Funny how the WH idiots don't even consider the large amount of Hispanic officers in AZ law enforcement!
When police Sgt. James Crowley arrested Henry Gates, he was teamed with a black partner. Why wasn't invited to the White house?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Question

Do the police have to stop them for another reason before asking for ID or can they go to any hispanic and ask for ID willy nilly?

Last edited:
Do the police have to have them stopped for another reason before asking for ID or can they go to any hispanic and ask for ID willy nilly?
This Arizona law specifically and explicitly states the must have been stopped for another reason before the police can as for ID. That is why the federal lawsuit is so infuriating. I, as a citizen of my United States of America has ALWAYS assumed the police force had the right to ensure people stopped for criminal activity were in the country legally and I had always assumed it was their responsiblity to report it if they were not! I am dumbfounded that our states have to FIGHT for the right do do such a basic security right!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
This Arizona law specifically and explicitly states the must have been stopped for another reason before the police can as for ID. That is why the federal lawsuit is so infuriating. I, as a citizen of my United States of America has ALWAYS assumed the police force had the right to ensure people stopped for criminal activity were in the country legally and I had always assumed it was their responsiblity to report it if they were not! I am dumbfounded that our states have to FIGHT for the right do do such a basic security right!
I am ready for the next civil war. I think plinking liberals would be fun. :evil:

ImnoMensa

Especially since this is already written in Federal law and Obama has forgotten his oath to defend federal law.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
He is already making assumptions that Arizonians are going to commit racial profiling and is already preparing to drag them into court and has been given no grounds to do so! Why isn't this considered profiling?

FOXNews.com - Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona
If I were a lawyer I'd love to have this case. "Your honor, I intend to prove that they improperly used profiling to enforce this law, each and every person arrested and deported was of mexican descent."

However, Holder said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that the federal government was leading with its "strongest" argument in the suit filed Tuesday and would not rule out a second suit months down the road -- if the law ends up going into effect.

"It doesn't mean that if the law for whatever reason happened to go into effect, that six months from now, a year from now, we might not look at the impact the law has had ... and see whether or not there has been that racial profiling impact," Holder said. "If that was the case, we would have the tools and we would bring suit on that basis."

Attorney General Holder is essentially saying IF the law goes into effect and IF there is evidence of racial profiling in the application of the law, we'll sue on that basis at that time. That seems completely reasonable. If they pressed an as applied challenge based on improper racial profiling now, people would criticize them for presuming that there would be racial profiling. An as applied challenge might be easier to make out after the law is actually applied, and there is an actual application record to point to.

For now, the Administration is basing its challenge on the situation as it exists, not as it might develop. People may not like it, but they are on solid legal ground in doing so - with regard to various portions of the Arizona law, it's a close call. Whether the Administration wins or not will probably depend largely on which judge they drew (or which 3 judges they get at the Circuit Court level).

Yovani Gallardo says he would skip All-Stars in Arizona over law - ESPN

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Yovani Gallardo is firm. Even if he's fortunate enough to make the All-Star team again next summer, he'll skip it.

"If the game is in Arizona, I will totally boycott," the Milwaukee Brewers pitcher said Monday.

A year before Phoenix is set to host baseball's big event, the state's new immigration law kept drawing the attention of major leaguers.

Kansas City Royals reliever Joakim Soria said he would support a Latino protest and stay away. Detroit Tigers closer Jose Valverde can see himself steering clear, too.

"It's a really delicate issue," said Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista, who leads the majors with 24 home runs. "Hopefully, there are some changes in the law before then. We have to back up our Latin communities."

"If I do get chosen, I don't know what I'm going to do," he said.

About three dozen protesters held signs Monday one block from the hotel where Major League Baseball held its welcoming news conferences. The demonstrators said they had over 100,000 petitions asking commissioner Bud Selig to move the 2011 All-Star Game out of Arizona.

If MLB players feel so strongly about it, why wait? Mr. Gallardo, why didn't you boycott the (real) games the last time Milwaukee played in Arizona?

R

retiredweaxman

Here is what gets me...

If a cop pulls someone over for speeding, that someone has an accident, etc - what is the first thing the cop asks for??? Could I see your license, registration and proof of insurance?

How about a cop catches someone stealing gum from 7-11? Same thing...What is your name? Do you have any ID?

I fail to see what the issue is...cops will routinely ask for some sort of ID if they have a reason to stop a person!!!!