Mountain Lion Seen on Eastern Shore

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
According to Eastern Puma Research Network:

"Since Jan. 22nd, multiple sightings of a 'lion' traveling Lower Eastern Shore of MD, in Worchester & Somerset Cos, MD. 1/22 seen along Pocomoke River, south of U.S. 50. On 1/26 near Masons Landing. 1/30 seen on Rt.363 west of Monte, 2/2 seen along Wicomico Creek near Eden, on 2/8 seen by fishermen @ Hickory Point Rd Cypress Swamp. Back on 6/9/10, a GREYISH lion seen on Wicomico Creek nr Allen, Somerset Co...anyone with additional details..."

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I don't know anybody that has seen a mountain in either southern Maryland of the eastern shore

I would ask the researcher the names of the folks who have made reports to him, but I doubt he'd give that info. to me. We have seen the dark one (looked black) 2 times in Brandywine at my former home, and the neighbor saw a tan one in her yard. A lady in Ft. Washington by the river told me she saw the black one several times, and a relative of mine had one run across the road in front of her SUV when she was leaving Brandywine.

I was so excited to find other people that had seen them locally.

I don't know anybody that has seen a mountain in either southern Maryland of the eastern shore

I would ask the researcher the names of the folks who have made reports to him, but I doubt he'd give that info. to me. We have seen the dark one (looked black) 2 times in Brandywine at my former home, and the neighbor saw a tan one in her yard. A lady in Ft. Washington by the river told me she saw the black one several times, and a relative of mine had one run across the road in front of her SUV when she was leaving Brandywine.

I was so excited to find other people that had seen them locally.

whoosh........ :lol:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was in touch with the researcher this morning and he said: 6 new sightings on Delmarva's southern part of Maryland....mostly along Pocomoke River, since Jan. 22nd.

So could be the same mountain lion?

C

czygvtwkr

http://balancedecology.org/Mountain...ions_about_Texas_Mountain_Lions.html#Melanism

"Black Mountain Lions (panthers) do not exist. Black individuals within a species are a result of a condition called Melanism, the over-expression of the pigment Melanin in the skin that creates the dark skin color. Some species of cats, such as the Jaguar and the African Leopard, exhibit Melanism. Mountain Lions, however, do not.

Jaguars are the only large cat species in North America that may exhibit Melanism."

ylexot

Super Genius
I swear that I saw a mountain lion when I was hunting on Trossbach's farm. I would have shot it, but it moved too fast. By the time I got the shotgun up, it was gone. BTW, I also heard it's roar...or whatever you call the sound that it makes.

Last edited: