Flounder gigging

beerlover

Is flounder gigging legal in MD? I used to do it all the time as a kid in NC and it was a blast. I don't see anything about it one way or the other in the regulations on the website.

Thanks

beerlover said:
Is flounder gigging legal in MD? I used to do it all the time as a kid in NC and it was a blast. I don't see anything about it one way or the other in the regulations on the website.

Thanks
Nope, it tells you what types you can spear and flounder are not on there. No gamefish, basically. If you go to the ocean you can spearfish for them, though.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
desertrat said:
Nope, it tells you what types you can spear and flounder are not on there. No gamefish, basically. If you go to the ocean you can spearfish for them, though.

spearfishing and gigging are two different things.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
:roflmao:

Seriously?

Seriously. At night they hang out near the shore line. You walk around in the shallows with a lantern and a gig. When ya' see 'em, ya' stab 'em. I used to do it along the intercoastal in FL before it became too polluted to eat anything out of it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
I used to do it along the intercoastal in FL before it became too polluted to eat anything out of it.
In my wildest dreams I cannot picture you walking around trying to stab a flounder. :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
Okay, now I can picture it!

You wading in the crick in your red bikini, Mr. Speedo standing on the shore, dressed a suit with a cigar hanging out of his mouth going, "Ah! Get that one, Elaine! A-ha-ha-ha! Flash him your boobs - he'll give up and come quietly!"

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Okay, now I can picture it!

You wading in the crick in your red bikini, Mr. Speedo standing on the shore, dressed a suit with a cigar hanging out of his mouth going, "Ah! Get that one, Elaine! A-ha-ha-ha! Flash him your boobs - he'll give up and come quietly!"

:killingme

This was waaaaaaaaaaaaay before FB. Hell, I was still being accused of stuffing my bra...and the bikini was orange.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Mikeinsmd said:
You can't see em. They blend in with the bottom. :eyebrow:

You can see them if you know what you're looking for and the water is clear and still enough.