Flounder gigging

SeaRide

elaine said:
:howdy: SR! ...thanks! They thought I was nutz!

:howdy: Elaine .. YW

I 've gone gigging with my relatives in NC. As far as for MD, it's illegal to gig in non-tidal water. I can't find if gigging is legal on the MD DNR website for the tidal water.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
SeaRide said:
:howdy: Elaine .. YW

I 've gone gigging with my relatives in NC. As far as for MD, it's illegal to gig in non-tidal water. I can't find if gigging is legal on the MD DNR website for the tidal water.

I haven't thought about it for many years. I'll have to drag my azz south and go floundering....that's what we always called it, not gigging.

SeaRide

elaine said:
I haven't thought about it for many years. I'll have to drag my azz south and go floundering....that's what we always called it, not gigging.

oh the visuals.. j/k

Toxick

Splat
Theres no sport in it.

Flounders have both eyes on the same side of their head - so if you sneak up on their blind-side, they don't stand a chance.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll probably hate myself for asking this but...

How do you control where you stab the fish? On his body, I mean. Because it seems to me that if you'd have to be careful to get him in the head or you'll ruin the meat with, like, gig germs or something.

:confused:

Mikeinsmd

SeaRide said:
As far as for MD, it's illegal to gig in non-tidal water. I can't find if gigging is legal on the MD DNR website for the tidal water.
You don't reach non-tidal water until you get past DC on the Potomac. Anglers Inn I believe.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
I'll probably hate myself for asking this but...

How do you control where you stab the fish? On his body, I mean. Because it seems to me that if you'd have to be careful to get him in the head or you'll ruin the meat with, like, gig germs or something.

:confused:

You stab just behind the eyes.