110-mph chase over bridge...

Rt235

Not sure how this was not posted here.....If it was, then sorry...

110-mph chase over bridge ends in crash
Motorist charged with DUI, taking car

"Brooks had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath when Moore took him into custody after a brief struggle in the woods, the trooper wrote in charging papers. Brooks was charged with unlawfully taking the car, drunk driving, resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license and other traffic violations including reckless driving, speeding, passing in a no passing zone and attempting to elude police."

110 mph..on the bridge????? WOW, it is a wonder no one was killed!

glhs837

Power with Control
Another PBJ on the way...

Yep, last guy to do this was charged with I think 22 counts. Ended up getting 21 pled away, only being convicted to one crime. And ended up with an eight month sentence, for eluding police, which time served waiting for trial counted, basically.

And unless I'm mistaken, one of those pled away was a friken DUI charge!!!!! WTF do career criminals get a better deal than a upstanding citizen would get?

bilbur

Not sure how this was not posted here.....If it was, then sorry...

110-mph chase over bridge ends in crash
Motorist charged with DUI, taking car

"Brooks had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath when Moore took him into custody after a brief struggle in the woods, the trooper wrote in charging papers. Brooks was charged with unlawfully taking the car, drunk driving, resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license and other traffic violations including reckless driving, speeding, passing in a no passing zone and attempting to elude police."

110 mph..on the bridge????? WOW, it is a wonder no one was killed!

A drunk guy made it over the bridge doing 110 and for some reason completely sober adults slow to a crawl when they reach the bridge during every rush hour. Maybe we should require some people to take a shot of whisky before they drive across the bridge and then things wouldn't back up as much in the evenings.:killingme

Hank

my war
Aren't cops supposed to back off when a pursuit reaches this level of insanity to protect others?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yep, last guy to do this was charged with I think 22 counts. Ended up getting 21 pled away, only being convicted to one crime. And ended up with an eight month sentence, for eluding police, which time served waiting for trial counted, basically.

And unless I'm mistaken, one of those pled away was a friken DUI charge!!!!! WTF do career criminals get a better deal than a upstanding citizen would get?

Most cases are disposed of with a plea deal, it's quicker and cheaper, almost a win-win. Prosecutor can claim victory and the defendant doesn't get sent to the big house.

the cynical answer is that it also allows prosecutoers (and judges) to be tough on the crimes that get them elected.
Hence getting caught with one pill in your pocket will earn you a 5 year prison sentence because it's "being tough on drugs".
On the other had, the dealer will get the NO PROSECUTE (in latin) because the state wants them to provide evidence against their supplier.

glhs837

Power with Control
Aren't cops supposed to back off when a pursuit reaches this level of insanity to protect others?

Most departments have a policy guiding this stuff, and most don't publicize that policy so the bad guys dont just take advantage.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
A drunk guy made it over the bridge doing 110 and for some reason completely sober adults slow to a crawl when they reach the bridge during every rush hour. Maybe we should require some people to take a shot of whisky before they drive across the bridge and then things wouldn't back up as much in the evenings.:killingme

:lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
:-( this kid was just here a few days ago for a Bday party...they were fighting about car keys then....The car he totaled was my sons friends car...I was talking to the dumb ass about this 3 days befor....he said Yes momma (grew up in the neighborhood and stayed here alot) lol I will do right...he didnt...ugg...kids...thank god he did not kill anyone or himself...hope he gets his stuff together...

MMM_donuts

110?! AHUNDREDANDTEN?!!!!!

During early morning on a work day?!

Part of me is offended that someone would be so reckless but part of me is in awe that it's even possible. I can't seem to make it over 45 on that stupid bridge because there's always someone on it and slowing down even more as they ascend to the top of it.

Vince

110?! AHUNDREDANDTEN?!!!!!

During early morning on a work day?!

Part of me is offended that someone would be so reckless but part of me is in awe that it's even possible. I can't seem to make it over 45 on that stupid bridge because there's always someone on it and slowing down even more as they ascend to the top of it.
I hate those "I'm afraid of the bridge" people. They have to slow down to 25mph going over the dayum thing.