1971 Mustang Boss 302 Prototype

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
OK you cant mess with super light cars and those machines were bad to the bone Carroll Shelby and Smokey Yunick were the gurus back in the day

Holman and Moody did some pretty amazing work with Ford engines too. I have this one on the stand in my shop, all rebuilt and ready to go back in a boat.

Kinnakeet

Holman and Moody did some pretty amazing work with Ford engines too. I have this one on the stand in my shop, all rebuilt and ready to go back in a boat.

View attachment 158995
Nice I love them all I was raised on Chevy my Father had a 68 rs z/28,68 super bee iand still has a 68 gto 400 HO hurst dual gate turbo 400 picture is before restoration

Attachments

• GTO.jpg
    GTO.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 124

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I built this 1958 283 powerpack V8 and put it in a 1953 Chris Craft that I restored. What a sweet combination that was.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
The Mustangs were OK and some raced well..but I was referring to the AC Cobras.
I've seen a Blue one running around the county from time to time but have never been close enough to see if it was real or a repro.

Kinnakeet

I've seen a Blue one running around the county from time to time but have never been close enough to see if it was real or a repro.
This car is numbers matching it was are family ride we traveled all over the country in it.
I drove it a week or so ago I could not imagine driving that car everyday no A/C 3.90 gear steering wheel about as thick as your pinky finger manuel brakes it has disk in the front drum in the rear but when you stomp it it gits it

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
283 /283 HP?
It's been a long time since I built that one, but I recall the HP being advertised closer to 225 or thereabouts with the single 4-barrel.. It was way more than the original flathead that came out of the boat, that's for sure ;-)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
427 / 460 Ford
427 / 454 Chevy
383 / 440 / 426 Chrysler
400 / 455 Buick
455 Olds
390 / 401 AMC

Any big block can get the job done

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had a 1964 Buick Riviera with the 425 Wildcat engine. That thing was a rocket ship from a 30 mph roll.... That engine was called the "465" because ot was advertised as putting out 465 ft-lbs of torque!